• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken – Launch Trailer Released

kiphalfton

The choice for the main character is cringeworthy. That, along with the fact that these guys were behind FFXV is concerning.

Today I learned Tabata's dev studio is working on this game. I had little faith in it before now, but that's the clincher. The combat in all his games has been awful.

At the very least the "but it was Nomura who ruined FFXV" comments can hopefully be laid to rest, if this game ends up being crap.

If not, and the game ends up being good then I will give Tabata credit.

Hopefully it's the latter, but again I have pretty much zero faith in this game and it would take not just a good review score (which let's face it means nothing), but NO comments about open world bloat, crappy combat, etc.

Right but she just won't stfu.

Yeah, but games are getting more realistic after all...

Last edited:

Valt7786

The "accolades" they used as quotes during that were hilarious.
"Fun!"
"It's a Blast" - Mobile Syrup.
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don't plan to buy but I can't wait to see the digital foundry PC review of this and Returnal.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I'm still on the fence but the leak didn't look bad imo. I've gotten good at the combat I just need to see a little more before buying

Teslerum

Today I learned Tabata's dev studio is working on this game. I had little faith in it before now, but that's the clincher. The combat in all his games has been awful.

At the very least the "but it was Nomura who ruined FFXV" comments can hopefully be laid to rest, if this game ends up being crap.

If not, and the game ends up being good then I will give Tabata credit.

Hopefully it's the latter, but again I have pretty much zero faith in this game and it would take not just a good review score (which let's face it means nothing), but NO comments about open world bloat, crappy combat, etc.

Yeah, but games are getting more realistic after all...
Tabata left SQE like 5 years ago. This has zero to do with him.

So, no.

Last edited:

Wunray

"endearing"? Why would you put that in your trailer? Isn't the launch trailer supposed to be hype? that was a tv commercial.

Myths

Unimportant things I just couldn’t help but notice:
-awful skybox, particularly the clouds. Even GTA 5 has a more elaborate cloud system
-the way light interacts with certain materials such as concrete in the village looks exactly like how it did FFXV: strange specular value/map and/or overexposed illumination
-part of the UI looks out of place aesthetically, certain font faces used. Could be what they were going for though.!

Nydius

I guess the trailer and the gameplay leaks are working, at least somewhat. The game jumped from #8 to #3 on Amazon US' PS5 top sellers list in the last 24 hours. I realize that's just one sales venue but a 5 spot jump in a day isn't something to sneeze at I suppose.

Will buy on massive discount just for the fascination of observing what went wrong. I suspect I don't have to wait too long either for that discount... 5 dollars seems about right.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I like how the world looks, and the MC is kinda cute, even if they put her in-game model through the uglifier.

But the monster design sucks. They are just ugly creatures full of scars, horns and shit.
Also the melee combat feels kinda weak, like there's lack of feedback or something.

I dunno, imo it's shaping up to be kinda shit. Hope those that are waiting for it find something cool in there.

GymWolf

I like how the world looks, and the MC is kinda cute, even if they put her in-game model through the uglifier.

But the monster design sucks. They are just ugly creatures full of scars, horns and shit.
Also the melee combat feels kinda weak, like there's lack of feedback or something.

I dunno, imo it's shaping up to be kinda shit. Hope those that are waiting for it find something cool in there.
Really?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Really! Medieval fantasy is my jam, so stuff like this with castles, forests, lakes and villages in the distance is right up my alley. 👇

ONaC7FM.png

Too bad the rest of the game isn't. :goog_relieved:

GymWolf

Really! Medieval fantasy is my jam, so stuff like this with castles, forests, lakes and villages in the distance is right up my alley. 👇

ONaC7FM.png

Too bad the rest of the game isn't. :goog_relieved:
Yeah but it looks like the most generic fantasy medieval setting ever, and with meh graphic to add salt to the injury.

Like i defend some aspects of the game but the open world is really not one of them...

TintoConCasera

Yeah but it looks like the most generic fantasy medieval setting ever, and with meh graphic to add salt to the injury.

Like i defend some aspects of the game but the open world is really not one of them...
I agree with that. But the thing is, how many generic fantasy medieval games do we actually have?
I'd really love if we'd get more games in a setting like Dragon's Dogma or Dragon's Crown, just the most generic D&D stuff which imo is full of charm.

And yeah I'm not defending the graphics either, game could look much better I'm sure.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
fdMFu0W.jpg

5ufcg0N.jpg

5l0JzHi.jpg

I was hesitant about buying this, but just look at those glowing recommendations from so many renowned, trustworthy sites! Mobile Syrup thought it was "An Absolute Blast". Distractifiy thought it was "Beautiful". And if Playstation Lifestyle thinks the game is "Endearing", who am I to argue with that qualifcation? The world of gaming needs more endearment if you ask me.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
fdMFu0W.jpg

5ufcg0N.jpg

5l0JzHi.jpg

I was hesitant about buying this, but just look at those glowing recommendations from so many renowned, trustworthy sites! Mobile Syrup thought it was "An Absolute Blast". Distractifiy thought it was "Beautiful". And if Playstation Lifestyle thinks the game is "Endearing", who am I to argue with that qualifcation? The world of gaming needs more endearment if you ask me.

This starts to look like the Driv3r scandal, where a few gaming magazines got exclusive early access to the game for review, in exchange for a guaranteed 9/10.

I wouldn't be surprised if Square-Enix was giving out review codes only to select reviewers, in exchange for a good review.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This starts to look like the Driv3r scandal, where a few gaming magazines got exclusive early access to the game for review, in exchange for a guaranteed 9/10.

I wouldn't be surprised if Square-Enix was giving out review codes only to select reviewers, in exchange for a good review.
Dude driv3r was so.... bad and good at the same time. Was worth buying for sure even if barely playable lol.
Maybe Square didn't send review copies... because f that practice? and they have a demo out

Top Bottom