• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken now supports FSR3 Frame Gen (Update patch 1.22), free demo if you want to try it

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Patch Notes

Graphic Updates:

・Updated the game to support AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3.
*FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 combines temporal upscaling and frame generation to deliver significantly higher performance.

*Frame generation is enabled separately from upscaling and is available when using AMD Radeon™ RX 5000 Series, NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 20 Series, and Intel® Arc™ 7 Series or newer GPUs. (Upscaling is still available to use on GPUs older than the products mentioned.)

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The moment I turn FSR Quality in the menu, I get these awful noisy artifacts in grass and on bodies of water.

It's nowhere near as bad in game though and frame generation FS3 seems to be working pretty well in this game. I didn't test it thoroughly and it's on a 4090+13900K so I'm unsure how it works in a lower frame rate environment. I went from 100fps to my fps cap of 165.

On a side note, this game looks fucking horrendous even maxed out on PC. That rofif rofif tries to tell us it looks good is nothing short of laughable. The graphics are ass.

Edit: Nah, never mind, the flickering is just as bad. When looking at water, it's unmissable and stings the eye.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Live footage from rofif rofif 's village:

slav-dance.gif

T4keD0wN

The moment I turn FSR Quality in the menu, I get these awful noisy artifacts in grass and on bodies of water.

It's nowhere near as bad in game though and frame generation FS3 seems to be working pretty well in this game. I didn't test it thoroughly and it's on a 4090+13900K so I'm unsure how it works in a lower frame rate environment. I went from 100fps to my fps cap of 165.

On a side note, this game looks fucking horrendous even maxed out on PC. That rofif rofif tries to tell us it looks good is nothing short of laughable. The graphics are ass.

Edit: Nah, never mind, the flickering is just as bad. When looking at water, it's unmissable and stings the eye.
Can you use dlss for upscaling with fsr frame gen?

Gaiff

Can you use dlss for upscaling with fsr frame gen?
Nope. And unlike DLSS3, it seems frame generation with FSR is dependent on FSR upscaling. You cannot have frame generation without FSR upscaling or with DLSS.

I hope this gets updated because the beiggest drawback to FSR frame generation in this game is FSR upscaling.

Last edited:

GymWolf

They have some serious balls to offer a demo for this game. It's like anti-marketing. Nobody will buy it after trying it.
If it is the same shitty demo they released on console then sure.

The game is much better when you actually start from the beginning to assimilate the gameplay.

winjer

Gold Member
Nope. And unlike DLSS3, it seems frame generation with FSR is dependent on FSR upscaling. You cannot have frame generation without FSR upscaling or with DLSS.

I hope this gets updated because the beiggest drawback to FSR frame generation in this game is FSR upscaling.

That is incorrect.
You can use native AA or FSR upscaling with AMD Frame Gen.

Gaiff

That is incorrect.
You can use native AA or FSR upscaling with AMD Frame Gen.
The native AA requires you to enable FSR upscaling and produces a worse image than leaving it off. The flickering is actually comparable to FSR Quality and there is also a performance degradation. The best option to avoid the flickering is to leave upscaling off.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Here are a bunch of screenshots. They were all captured while very quickly panning the camera. Using Native AA.
Personally, I think it looks pretty decent.

[IMG]

This is the image that I noticed the most artifacts.
[IMG]

[IMG]
Jesus Christ, did you turn the sharpness all the way to the right? This shit looks horrible. I can see the grass flickering on a still image lol.

That's some awful aliasing too.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
The native AA requires you to enable FSR upscaling and produces a worse image than leaving it off. The flickering is actually comparable to FSR Quality and there is also a performance boost. The best option to avoid the flickering is to leave upscaling off.

No. We can choose between Native AA, or FSR3 upscaling.
And then, we can choose if we enable Frame Gen or not.
We can have any of these combinations.

Last edited:

Gaiff

No. We can choose between Native AA, or FSR3 upscaling.
And then, we can choose if we enable Frame Gen or not.
We can have any of these combinations.
If you want frame generation not to be greyed out, you have to toggle FSR3 upscaling on. From there, you can choose native AA or any of the FSR upscaling quality but toggling this on produces a horribly flickering image, even if you leave it to just native AA. If you leave the FSR3 upscaling option OFF, you cannot turn on FSR frame generation but the image doesn't flicker horribly anymore.

DLSS introduces some flickering but nowhere near as terrible as any of the AMD FSR upscaling option (that includes native AA).

We can even choose FSR 3 FG + DLSS 2 upsampling.
Wait, what? Are you playing the full version? Because unless my game demo is bugged, frame generation requires FSR upscaling to be toggled on and toggling FSR obviously disables DLSS. Enabling DLSS turns off frame generation automatically.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
If you want frame generation not to be greyed out, you have to toggle FSR3 upscaling on. From there, you can choose native AA or any of the FSR upscaling quality but toggling this on produces a horribly flickering image, even if you leave it to just native AA. If you leave the FSR3 upscaling option OFF, you cannot turn on FSR frame generation but the image doesn't flicker horribly anymore.

DLSS introduces some flickering but nowhere near as terrible as any of the AMD FSR upscaling option (that includes native AA).

Wait, what? Are you playing the full version? Because unless my game demo is bugged, frame generation requires FSR upscaling to be toggled on and toggling FSR obviously disables DLSS. Enabling DLSS turns off frame generation automatically.

Sorry, I mistake the info. We can't use FG with DLSS2. My bad.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did you make sure your render resolution is at least 1440p? FSR completely sucks at upscaling things below that.

Bojji

It works but I think gsync/vrr is disabled, massive tearing without vsync.

Overall, I think it's not too bad!

x6VKwAM.jpg

TzlJDSY.jpg

Frametime looks like a mess with FG on.

Last edited:

keefged4

I bit the bullet and sullied one of my SSDs by downloading the demo to try fg, Input lag is very noticable and the usual horrendous FSR artifacts are greatly exaggerated when it's on. Uninstalled after 5 minutes.

winjer

Gold Member
Stupid question but this patch is only for PC right?

It's in the patch notes:

*This update does not apply to the PlayStation®5 version.
*The Microsoft Store version will be updated as soon as the patch is approved.
*The updated version name for each platform will be displayed on the game's title screen.

TrebleShot

It's in the patch notes:

*This update does not apply to the PlayStation®5 version.
*The Microsoft Store version will be updated as soon as the patch is approved.
*The updated version name for each platform will be displayed on the game's title screen.
Why isn’t this on PS5

Fabieter

Yes.. because a large minority has bad taste and likes an awful game we all deserve endless sequels of the same games. Thats it
You nail it.

Alot of games aint hit the Mark the first time. I really hated the first assassin's creed because it was really lame structured but it had alot of potential. Most ips don't hit it out of the park the first time around.

How about developers just make decent games? I don't really care that much about what the IP is, I was want a damn fun game.

Instead of a Sleeping Dogs sequel, Square gave us this shite.

Sleeping dog is The same with alien isolation. People want more but don't buy it for fullprice when they happen.

Ok, then why is it such an easy target?

Bullies at school also go after easy targets but they don't deserve that either.

Kenpachii

Tried demo out, shimmering on water is terrible, grass that are infront of the water also shimmer with it. with or without framegen on, even native AA + framegen it shimmers badly.

U can't combine DLSS with framegen, Also they didn't include framegen for nvidia because probably marketing reasons.

put dlss on and the shimmering is gone.

This tested at 1080p on a 4080 laptop

Performance gains is about the same as i see in framegen nvidia games maybe a bit more janky but that's about it.

I wonder how it performs on a ampere card

Last edited:

hlm666

Why isn’t this on PS5
Maybe they havn't been able to implement the anti lag or they need Sony to make firmware modifications for it. AMD can probably implement things easier on PC because they can make their own drivers, I'm guessing the things they do in drivers on PC would require Sony to do it at a firmware level on console.

Top Bottom