• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Alienous

I hope the next patch allows you to matchmake while spectating.

I'd really like to keep the momentum of a play session.

GodofWine

What the hell is up with these queue times...

They were like 10 seconds about two hours ago

Day one of a highly anticipated semi-early access game, and the east coast of the US is now logging in after school and work. Typical day one stuff, who knows, maybe they are doing some server side stuff on the fly.

Karu

Really like the building aspect. Had the craziest luck landing on a hill in the beginning and that being the middle till the end. Build a nice little fortress. Laziest round ever lol.

Drencrom

Day one of a highly anticipated semi-early access game, and the east coast of the US is now logging in after school and work. Typical day one stuff, who knows, maybe they are doing some server side stuff on the fly.

It’s obvious the servers are getting slammed, but these queue times are something else.

EDIT:
From their forums:

Fortnite community,

All console players are likely experiencing a waiting room & login error when attempting to login to Fortnite.
We are currently investigating the issue and will update everyone with additional information in this thread.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/news/announcements69957-xbox/-ps4-players-unable-to-login

Hopefully they get a fix out fast

Maximus P

That battle rifle is way too common. I found one earlier and almost immediately came across someone else that had one.

The grenade launcher is rare AF and it's not as effective a weapon.

Played one game of squads and it was very fun. We landed in somewhat the same area but it quickly ended up being me and one other. Despite that I had like 5 kills, and one knock out where I forgot you actually have to finish them off now. The two of us ended up in a prolonged gun fight where I ran out of midrange ammo and we couldn't leave because of the storm and before that a team parked behind us. We weren't screwed because of the fort mechanics giving us some safety, but eventually we did get to move out since the team ahead of us moved on for some reason. But having only a pistol and a sliver of a health... both of us without healing left, we got taken out.

BTW, if you have long queue times it could just be a region thing. Cause I got into my game in about 7 seconds. Pc here though.

BTW, if you have long queue times it could just be a region thing. Cause I got into my game in about 7 seconds. Pc here though.

PC is fine, Epic acknowledged it's just console players with queue time/login error issues.

Wouldn't recommend squads with randumbs.

Mine all died literally in the first 30 seconds.

Yeah I'm playing solo for a bit before I start squadding up because I'd be one of those dying in the first 30 seconds lol

BigEmil

PC is fine, Epic acknowledged it's just console players with queue time/login error issues.
As expected since most PC players just sticking to PUBG. While on console everyone thirst for something like that so so many people here jumped on to this game at once to download and play and overload the servers

I think thats where we need comms the most. I was being double teamed in sqauds and my teammates just ran off and left me to die. I think itll be better once my friends get on to play.

The game at least needs to add mic support fast

If I can simply tell my team where to jump and make directional callouts, it will help a lot with the noobs dying and aimlessly wandering

Not sure why they are even playing squads if they choose to just run solo

Guessing party chat helped them make it less of a priority

As expected since most PC players just sticking to PUBG. While on console everyone thirst for something like that so so many people here jumped on to this game at once to download and play and overload the servers

If it's crossplay like Paragon, they should be the same queues/servers.

Oynox

In my best round I finished as 10th. Intense. Works great on Xbox One although the beginning lobby is laggy as hell.

aember

Finished my first match in 1st place. I don't think I've ever had such a heart rate while playing a game! Had to go walk around the apartment a bit to cool off. That was intense!

jet1911

I love watching the end of the match through the eye of the person who killed me. TTK is wayyyyy too low. A lot of the time killing someone or getting killed feel super random. I’m not sure I’ll stick with this game unless the gunplay changes drastically.

Apathy

Wtf people posting some high queue numbers. Thirst is real. People gotta be kicking themselves leaving this market free, and epic better spin up servers

Top Bottom