• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Why would you do that? said:
I'm having trouble getting the content of Youtube videos for converting. How is everyone else doing it?
I'm using screengrab software (Snapz Pro for Mac), but I'm pretty sure there's a variety of ways to get at the .flv file from YouTube via other sites or FireFox plug-ins.

Spasm

I'm having trouble getting the content of Youtube videos for converting. How is everyone else doing it?
I'm sure there's Youtube downloaders out there, but I just use Safari (for Windows). Press ALT to get the file menu, choose Window, then Activity, then double click the video file in the activity list to download it (it's usually the largest file in the list).

yencid

Guys if i may... what do you use to make your gifs?
i want to make myself a few avatars from the sorcerers apprentice and have them rotate :D

Spasm

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
Thanks Boonoo and Borgnine! I will rehost em and figure out which to use.
And yet a third iteration.

258rq6f.gif

I always try and use up as much of the 90x120 as possible, so here's a cropped version for your consideration.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit, DAMNIT!

This was gonna be my first thread when I got posting ability. :lol

Carry on, Rubx. Carry on. ^_^

LosDaddie

Banned
It may not be possible, but I'd love someone to add an American flag (with pole) to the Hulk. I think it would go great with my tag.

Won

I use the DownloadHelper plug-in for firefox. Let's you download the video in .flv and .mp4

yencid said:

I rarely do gifs (I'm a lazy person) but I use gimp with GAP. There are several tutorials out there for it too.

I don't want to really change mine up too much, I just need someone who can edit gifs to help me out on an item or two:

- Sleeping Pikachu dreaming of a Colts horseshoe (instead of the Z) for Football season

Just for reference, someone nice made this edit when it was TDK time:

So basically something like that. Replacing the Z with a Colts horseshoe.

I need to learn how to edit gifs, I will just do it myself in the future. Maybe do one with a 360 logo or something silly like that. Rare logo...idk.

Thanks to anyone who helps! :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I'll leave my Avatar up for grabs to see if someone wants to do something with it.

If it's SSF4 related thats a plus =P

agaru

Thanks for this thread.

I'm excited for Portal 2 release and if someone can 'Valvetize' the kid in my avatar, I'd be grateful. Here's an explanation:

Reference:
24azxv9.jpg

The red valve should be attached to the eye on the left (the kid's right eye).

Thanks in advance. :D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I would love to have an animated Harvey Birdman avatar. Unfortunately I have no source material to choose from and no skills to do so.

If a random gaffer would be kind enough to pic out a clip and gif it up for me I would be thankful. I know I would have better results here with a source but this is your time to get creative for me gaf.

edit : Something like this would be cool if it wasn't so crappy looking:
birdman010_objection3.gif

Spasm

Balboa said:
If there is anyone out there that could make an animated version of the avatar I have now that would be fantastic, it's from the intro to Big Love Season 4.

Link for Spasm if he's interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RlfJ7fX_ZM#t=0m19s

from 0m19s to 0m22s

Also another one from 0m33s to 0m36s if anyone's feeling even more generous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RlfJ7fX_ZM#t=0m33s

Even better if you could combine the two without sacrificing quality
I spent forever on this, so I'm posting it anyways :p

2h822c7.gif

1x speed, 8fps, more colors.

ok2839.gif

2x speed, 8fps, less colors, both sequences. Added image transitions.
Also, I can speed up or slow down the FPS without affecting file sizes if you want it to run differently.

Damn, OneEightZero's have great colors!

Thanks for the answers, everyone. I used to be able to use websites like keepvid, but all of those sites just aren't working right now. I'll try the "finding the largest file" method for the time being.

yencid said:
i want to make myself a few avatars from the sorcerers apprentice and have them rotate :D
I use VirtualDub + Photoshop. VirtualDub is really a video editing software, and it's kinda limited in many ways, but there are some nice features.

How I do animated GIFs:
- Load the source video in VirtualDub, remove all sections of the video I don't need, cut the frame rate/drop frames if I need to, and export the remaining video as a sequence of .bmps or .pngs or something.
- If required, create an automation script in Photoshop to crop, edit, or do whatever to all frames.
- Load the sequence in VirtualDub and save it as an animated GIF.

There are probably easier ways to do this, but I like my way for the time being. Also, I'm not sure how good or not VirtualDub's GIF compression is. It's not really in your hands.

Dresden

Hey all,

I'm extremely incompetent at this stuff, so could someone put a border on my avatar? And maybe give him a mustache? Thanks.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Dresden said:
Hey all,

I'm extremely incompetent at this stuff, so could someone put a border on my avatar? And maybe give him a mustache? Thanks.

AT9Hfl.jpg

Have to get someone else to do the mustache. ^_^

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dresden said:

nx29dw.jpg

Viola!

Horrible I know

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ZROCOOL said:
:(
Amazing thread
2vmhqo8.gif

There is a hidden meaning in this avatar I posted.
Turn that frown upside down.

Also I'm sure if you ask nicely, (to a nice mod, maybe, Red Scarlet?) you can get your avatar privileges back. Though I'm not sure if mods can restore avatar privileges.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Plywood said:
2vmhqo8.gif

There is a hidden meaning in this avatar I posted.
Turn that frown upside down.

Also I'm sure if you ask nicely, (to a nice mod, maybe, Red Scarlet?) you can get your avatar privileges back. Though I'm not sure if mods can restore avatar privileges.

Actually, she has been reversing a lot of people's avatars here. Doesn't hurt to try. ^_^

DemiMatt

hello Neogaf, could someone please make me an avatar of this gif please?

I would be eternally greatful. o0o0o <3

168xt3q.gif

It could just be a loop of the girl holding up the other girl in the 2nd shot, but whichever the avatar maker finds funnier. thanks!

Could I get mine with a Mario hat for the upcoming SMG2 release?
I'll understand if no-one comes through on the request. It's a bit demanding.

JambiBum

I don't know if anyone in here does them, but if someone could make me a Captain America scribblenaut avatar I would love them forever and ever. Or a Sam Fisher one with his night vision goggles would work as well. :D

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alas I couldn't find a source, but if anyone spots anything, I would like a cool Jack Bauer GIF. A good scene might be from a few weeks ago where he threw a knife and killed a guy or even in the first episode of this season where he axed a guy.

Thanks if someone finds it!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's not a big deal, but if someone could make me a better avatar version of the Grace album cover if would be appreciated. I don't have any image programs aside from paint so I just did a shitty resize and crop job with Tinypic.
If it had a border that would be swell. Thanks, GAF.

f75072t5l5k.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Snuggler said:
It's not a big deal, but if someone could make me a better avatar version of the Grace album cover if would be appreciated. I don't have any image programs aside from paint so I just did a shitty resize and crop job with Tinypic.
If it had a border that would be swell. Thanks, GAF.

f75072t5l5k.jpg
351xont.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom