|OT| Post-March Wrestling Thread

Mar 12, 2014

3 nice butts and lots of empty seats.
Not sure about the overall attendance, but that segment is bathroom break territory for me. Alexa is great talker and one of my absolute favorites right now, but putting her in a ring with Bayley and Sasha is letting the air from her balloon. That paring is wrestling malpractice. Sasha has so much to offer as a don't give a shit about anyone else character, and all they are doing with her is making her friends with a hugger. I know Bayley is a hit with little ones, but a hugger and a boss? WTF?

At a minimum, we need more titles for the women to make the non-RR women on Raw relevant.

Oct 24, 2017
RIP Dynamite Kid

Not sure about the overall attendance, but that segment is bathroom break territory for me. Alexa is great talker and one of my absolute favorites right now, but putting her in a ring with Bayley and Sasha is letting the air from her balloon. That paring is wrestling malpractice. Sasha has so much to offer as a don't give a shit about anyone else character, and all they are doing with her is making her friends with a hugger. I know Bayley is a hit with little ones, but a hugger and a boss? WTF?

At a minimum, we need more titles for the women to make the non-RR women on Raw relevant.
Bayley was great in NXT but the character doesn't work as well on the big stage, at least the way WWE are booking her.

And that segment was a bit early for a piss break, it was about 15 minutes into the show. It was pretty bad though.

It was the lowest rating Raw of all time. It's getting to WCW 2000 levels.

Apr 28, 2013
England, UK
  • Y2H

Y2H

Rest in peace to another legend. His intensity and technical prowess in the ring was incredibly entertaining to watch and helped him stand out from wrestlers of similar stature. It's weird knowing he lived one town away from me for so long before his death.

If anyone hasn't seen him wrestle you should check out his matches with Tiger Mask in Japan. They're fun to watch and you'll see how they innovated the style and techniques used by many cruiserweights and light-heavyweights in modern wrestling. You'll also see the origins of Chris Benoit's wrestling as he was heavily inspired by Dynamite.

Mar 12, 2014
It was the lowest rating Raw of all time. It's getting to WCW 2000 levels.
Not sure if true or not, but won't be shocked. Despite a shit ton of talent, they just aren't doing much of interest. Drew and Elias are ready to take the reigns but there's no title in either picture. Brock is never there with the top belt, and the secondary belt on raw just doesn't feel that important. It really needs to be a stepping stone instead of a surrogate belt. Don't even get me started on the lack of tag teams. on raw. Smackdown needs more people that don't feel like yesterday's news IMO (Orton, Hardy).

Oct 24, 2017
Here are the ratings:

Raw Rating: A new low – At what point does Vince McMahon decide it’s him and the booking, not “unavoidable TV trends”?

Last night’s episode of Monday Night Raw drew a 1.61 rating on USA Network among live and same-night-DVR viewers, the lowest non-holiday rating ever. Viewership began at 2.262 million, grew to 2.399 million, and then dropped to 2.196 million over the course of three hours.

This is down from the year-ago rating of 1.96 and the two years ago rating of 2.08. That’s a 23 percent drop from two years ago.

With the departure of Roman Reigns after positioning him for years as the top star could be playing a role, as could Braun Strowman’s surgery sidelining him. Perhaps it’s going back to having an “absentee Universal Champion” whom the company had convinced viewers didn’t care about WWE and had no pride in his job performance. At some point, though, it’s not the absence of stars but who is being pushed in their absence that could be at play. Ronda Rousey was supposed to be a big-name insurance policy against this kind of erosion of fan support, but she’s at best propping up what could be even worse ratings or at worst making no difference.

Editorials will be written on websites and rants will be spoken on podcasts, but all that matters is when Vince McMahon decides to point the finger at himself and his team and insist on producing better shows that listen more to fans and stay away from heel general manager authority figures and cheesy sit-down talk segments and get back to promoting a show resembling pro wrestling where popular athletes are engaging in battles inside the ring with perceived high stakes. If McMahon can bring some sense of authenticity back to the characters and what they’re saying and if he can get more in step with the demographic he’s chasing with edgier characters, things could get better quickly.

The ten-week rolling average for Raw headed into this week was 1.96, and this week marks 12 weeks in a row where the rating was below 1.80, indicating a new all-time-low water level of viewership and interest in the product. While there are other ways for WWE to draw revenue, and comparing ratings today to 20 years ago requires qualifiers and adjustments before drawing too much judgment, it’s not good that fewer and fewer people at a rapid rate are deciding that settling in for three hours of Raw on a Monday night is worth their time anymore.

The only bright side is that the first-t0-third hour drop-off last night was only 66,000, the lowest in four weeks and well below the 321,000 average for the year, indicating that fans stuck around for Rousey’s tag match later in the show.

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/1...im-and-the-booking-not-unavoidable-tv-trends/

Oct 24, 2017
RIP Larry "The Axe" Hennig

-- WWE's restriction on their UK talent under contract looks to be even more severe than initially reported. Trent Seven lost a "loser leaves town" match in his own Fight Club Pro promotion and he actually had to work with wrestlers who were also under contract to WWE. Seven teamed up with Tyler Bate and Pete Dunn and the trio lost their match and said their goodbyes afterwards.

Other limitations include men not being able to have any sort of physical confrontation with women so in a match that included WALTER and Meiko Satomura, at no point could WALTER do any moves to Satomura so they got around it by having her duck and counter his attempts at chops.

-- With Alexa Bliss not yet fully cleared, it appears that Becky Lynch is also in the same boat but for slightly different reasons. According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Lynch has not been doing anything physical at house shows or Smackdown Live because she hasn't been fully cleared.

The report goes onto state that while Becky has been cleared from her concussion, WWE doctors have yet to give her the clearance from the nasal fracture she suffered before Survivor Series. The concussion was expected to be the tricky one to predict because every person and every concussion is different, however, now that she's over the head injury, WWE obviously feels confident that she will be fully cleared within the next week in time to wrestle at the TLC PPV on 12/16.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2005
I love Becky and I love the trolling, but I swear Twitter and WWEs obsession with social media has been one of the biggest downfalls of their current product. More worried about that twitter game then having an entertaining product and personalities on the air.