• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Falcom March 2024 Calendar is the Seemingly Tokyo Xanadu Sequel Teaser Image

GHOmucJasAATQEK

Developer Nihon Falcom has released the official March 2024 calendar for fans to download via their official website, which is particularly significant this time around because the calendar’s artwork is what has been assumed to be the Tokyo Xanadu sequel image.

We previously discussed the potential implications this image suggests, as it was initially unveiled in March 2023. Perhaps we’ll see an announcement next month? That’s purely speculation, though. Regardless, you can download this calendar via Falcom’s official website in the following three resolutions:
  • 1600 x 1200
  • 2560 x 1600
  • 3840 x 2160

Paltheos

Feeling pretty whatever about a sequel. The original stood out because of an A+ soundtrack, from Unisuga at his actual peak. Without Unisuga (plus more Singa D: ), I feel left with a lesser Persona-like. Not as stylish and a little derivative although Falcom's twists on the formula keep it standing out enough to not just feel like a copycat. Middle of the game dragged too thanks to some structural problems but I liked the conclusion allot (the normal ending anyway). Combat could be pretty good too but again the real driver was that fantastic OST.

Comments on the art: The silhouette of the girl on the right is just Sayaka from Danganronpa. Dude on the left looks like Naoto Shirogane drawn in the same artstyle, or maybe it's just the silhouettes playing tricks on my brain considering how prominent they are in Danganronpa.

Fabieter

I like hearing sounds I can understand.

"It's a super small game from a tiny studio. People in Germany, France, etc., generally prefer their native language, though it's not always realistic to expect it. I would love for GTA VI to have German dubbing, but I wouldn't expect it, even though Rockstar has fewer excuses."

Mister Wolf

"It's a super small game from a tiny studio. People in Germany, France, etc., generally prefer their native language, though it's not always realistic to expect it. I would love for GTA VI to have German dubbing, but I wouldn't expect it, even though Rockstar has fewer excuses."

All of Falcom's games are small on budget, and plenty get English dub such as Trails and Ys. No more development work goes into those games than a new Xanadu.

Fabieter

All of Falcom's games are small on budget, and plenty get English dub such as Trails and Ys. No more development work goes into those games than a new Xanadu.

Do we know the budget? Are there projected sales figures for this game? If they expect fewer sales but still want to proceed, they may need to cut some corners.

As I mentioned, Rockstar is the only company rightfully criticized for this.

Top Bottom