• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD 15.7 WHQL, more VSR, FRTC.

sfried

I didn't have to uninstall or reinstall any drivers, I just ran the utility linked in that post, and it gave me a 1440p option in Windows screen resolution setting. It didn't add the option to Catalyst Control Center, it just added it the Windows screen resolution list of supported resolutions, so if I want to use it in game, I have to go to the screen resolution setting in Windows and set it to 1440p each time, or just leave it that way if you want.

I tried doing what you said...And still no VSR. What followed is a strange set of events than made me recover the missing AMD Catayst Control Center right-click shortcut:

Considering Java/Flash had another update, I decided to do a bunch of mass uninstall and mass reinstalls to make sure everything is as fresh as it could be. First I uninstalled all the outdated plugins such as Adobe Flash/Shockwave/AIR along with Java and removed my Microsoft Visual C libraries via Program and Features (since I downloaded the most up-to-date Microsoft VC libraries from their website). Then, I decided to run Display Driver Cleaner without uninstalling the AMD Catalyst Control Center via the Programs and Features control panel. I made sure to let it boot in safe mode and sure enough, it completely uninstalled any trace of the AMD drivers. I reinstalled Catalyst 15.7 as usual along with the other updates, and to my surprise the AMD Catalyst Control Center shortcut returned to the shortcuts when I right click.

Now I tried the VSR enabler once again. Unlike before, several windows popped up saying "Sorry, keys seem to miss. Sorry, can't enable" before a one that simply said "Done". While I never got this error message before prior to the uninstall, the VSR option never really appeared in the previous instance too (there was no other box option besides the "Enable GPU scaling"). I'm not sure if it is really a hardware limitation, or if these recent drivers do need more tuning.

MaddenNFL64

Is FRTC controlled under Performance -> Properties? Seems more like a laptop thing, but I do want to cap frames considering my monitor doesn't do anything higher than 60fps.

Yep, it's missing the Virtual Super Resolution option.

I have an XFX R7870 Core Edition. Have done the above and even used Display Driver Cleaner. No dice.

install in compatibility mode for windows 7.

Van Owen

Banned
390 is holding its own and beating the 970 in benches and reviews. That's good for AMD and might force Nvidia to drop the price.

MaddenNFL64

Wouldn't that affect performance considering I'm running Windows 8.1?

You're not running the driver in 7 mode, just running the installation in 7 comp mode. For some reason CCC has more options when installing for windows 7 then 8.

Use DDU. then install in compatibility mode for 7. You should get the CCC options you desire.

anddo0

I'm getting a ton of hard freezes since the latest AMD/Intel updates. I have a 7970m.
Rolling back the Intel driver helped, but I still get the error.

Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Is this somehow related?

It's not bad RAM. I ran memtest86+ several passes.
It's not overheating... PSU seems ok.

clav

These drivers are shit.

Do not recommend.

How did they pass certification?

AMD clearly didn't test them thoroughly.

I get black screens of death when recovering from a monitor wake up on a HD 7850.

Browser video playback is broken in both HTML5 and Flash for APU E chips.

Rolling back to Omega for the E chips and one back for the HD 7850.

I noticed something odd after updating to these drivers.

I have my pc hooked up to a 1080p hdtv via hdmi.

As soon as I installed these drivers I was asked to enable VSR since my tv supported it.

It changed my resolution to 1440p but I noticed a window outline in the middle of my desktop background.

The best I can describe it is that it looks like open windows do when you hover the cursor over the show desktop portion of the taskbar. It only went away after rebooting. If I raised my resolution above 1080p it returned.

Very strange. It doesn't really affect anything though since it only covers the background and not any open windows.

Monitor fails to recover from sleep is not a new bug that just appeared with these drivers it has been in the suite for over a year now, it happens A LOT on 7700 series cards especially on DVI-VGA connections, but now it became a lot more prevalent.

Fuck AMD for not fixing this yet.

Pjsprojects

Can't seem to update,the installer just says can't install.

My card description states R9-290x Engineering sample.

Any ideas because I don't want to reinstall Win 10 again.

Can't seem to update,the installer just says can't install.

My card description states R9-290x Engineering sample.

Any ideas because I don't want to reinstall Win 10 again.

If it says Engineering sample you probably have the WU drivers, try using ddu and installing again.

belmonkey

Have the new drivers truly helped reduce DX11 CPU overhead with AMD GPUs? I was wondering if the situation has improved from a month or two ago when pairing an AMD GPU with a weak CPU was a bad idea, as shown in a Digital Foundry article:

jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-graphics-card-upgrade-guide-update-2?page=2

15.7.1 is out little update for W10 release day, seems to have some bug fixes only, maybe people having trouble enabling VSR should give it a try too.

edit: I have no idea if this helps with enabling VSR, just a guess, It worked for me before so I would not know.

15.7.1 is out little update for W10 release day, seems to have some bug fixes only, maybe people having trouble enabling VSR should give it a try too.

edit: I have no idea if this helps with enabling VSR, just a guess, It worked for me before so I would not know.

Just installed on Windows 10 Pro with a 7850 and VSR is now an option! So anyone having a problem with VSR (and have W10) should install this driver.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Just installed on Windows 10 Pro with a 7850 and VSR is now an option! So anyone having a problem with VSR (and have W10) should install this driver.

Driver installed automatically for me when I moved to the final realest build of W10 :). Glad VSR is working for (hopefully) everyone now though, it's a really sweet option

Driver installed automatically for me when I moved to the final realest build of W10 :). Glad VSR is working for (hopefully) everyone now though, it's a really sweet option

Really? Windows just installed 15.7 for me, I had to install 15.7.1 manually. Might want to check and make sure.

Still no VSR or sound through DisplayPort for my 290X.
Sound worked again as soon as W10 finished installing, but once the AMD drivers installed I lost it.

Top Bottom