• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar said:
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Are you able to grab something of the middle guy as well? I may combine them some how or put them on a image refresh loop.

Also, what do you use to do these? From DVD rip to gif, what tools do you use? I've been using ffmpeg and gimp, but found the whole process messy.
I play the scene in Quicktime, Hulu, Youtube, the DVD player app (anything that can be shown on the screen), Quicktime X to capture the whole screen, save to mov. Import mov into Photoshop CS4, crop, edit, save. Delete mov file. Not sure what kind of comparable software can reproduce this but it's pretty clean and easy.

Mar

thewesker said:
I play the scene in Quicktime, Hulu, Youtube, the DVD player app (anything that can be shown on the screen), Quicktime X to capture the whole screen, save to mov. Import mov into Photoshop CS4, crop, edit, save. Delete mov file. Not sure what kind of comparable software can reproduce this but it's pretty clean and easy.

You need the pro version of Quicktime? This does sound much better than my method. I'm going to have to pony up some cash for pro I think.

Mar said:
You need the pro version of Quicktime? This does sound much better than my method. I'm going to have to pony up some cash for pro I think.
Well... Quicktime X comes free with Snow Leopard... Umm... No idea what Quicktime Pro does. I assume you're on Windows? CamStudio appears to do the same thing but saves to AVI. Not sure exactly what will work.

Mar

thewesker said:
Well... Quicktime X comes free with Snow Leopard... Umm... No idea what Quicktime Pro does. I assume you're on Windows? CamStudio appears to do the same thing but saves to AVI. Not sure exactly what will work.

No, using a Mac here. I assumed the free version of Quicktime couldn't do capture and edit. I guess I've been proved wrong.

Time to try some gif'n.

Mar said:
No, using a Mac here. I assumed the free version of Quicktime couldn't do capture and edit. I guess I've been proved wrong.

Time to try some gif'n.
Yeah, if you're running Snow Leopard, The free Quicktime does screen capturing. It is glorious.

mf.luder

Can someone walk me through how to remove the white from my avatar so that it become transparent? My ideal tool is GIMP in Linux, which I am currently away from Wednesday. Thanks.

Bearthgar

Banned
Conan.png

Could someone please make this avatar size? I'd really appreciate it!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Slevin140 said:
http://www.theakan.com/Conan.png[IMG]

Could someone please make this avatar size? I'd really appreciate it![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/ok21sl.jpg

you could actually just use the picture you posted. It scales down within the limits and is well below the file size cap.

I have a request, but I don't have a youtube link :(; couldn't find any good quality vids. I was able to find this though:

http://beta.ninjavideo.net/video/34707

The grab in question involves ~18:59 when Schnitzel, the dark drown character, begins to shake the dice, then Chowder's ass shaking, schnitzel's confused look, and him shaking the dice again at ~19:05. Mainly I am looking for the dice shaking to ass shaking and then confused/worried look. I understand that the requested sequence is very long, but I trust any results from the gurus in this thread.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for the great thread. It has been fun watching various users at work being awesome.

Mar

thewesker said:
I don't believe Mar will be using these, so anyone is welcome to them. No re-hosting required.

No I won't be, so yeah they're up for grabs. Thanks for trying though. All of those would make great avatars.

Could somebody do me a favor and make me an avatar out of this?:

roadwarrior_l.jpg

Just crop it so it's just Mad Max himself (and I guess some of the dog will show too). :D

been looking to change my avatar for a while,
if one of you guys could make this into a avatar, I would appreciate it :D

Walrus_plays_saxophone.gif

this is a youtube vid, don't know how to make avatars from those/ or if you can:

Since Iron Man 2 is coming out soon, could someone make a avatar from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wn4iYoMcAA
starting at 7 seconds when Tony starts to turn his head to the 11 second mark where Iron Man flies going "Ka-Blam"
if anyone could do that, then you rock

I want the funkiest animated avatar possible.

It should just excude all that is the funk. A funksplosion. It should be Bootsy Collins, James Brown and Betty Davis all rolled into one...either literally or figuratively.

I know I'm supposed to give specific links, but I'm lazy. I'm hoping some GAF funkateer will take pity on me and create for me the funky masterpiece I truly deserve...

...I can dream, can't I?

Wizpig

Can anyone put a thin black line on this avatar I'm going to use?

72e1fe600fc5c15d14368706ce937f57.png

Examples from other users avatars
a164y0.jpg
24q8ui0.jpg

Thanks! (yeah i don't even have MSpaint...)

Sanic

I've been pulling my hair out for 2 hours trying to make a gif with Ulead Gif Animator and failing miserably, can someone help me out here?

Here's the source video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7J-l6SmsV4

Can someone make an animated gif of that video from the start of the stage (right after the skull man intro, where it flashes 'ready' on the screen) up to as far as you can go while keeping the filesize under 150kb? And put a couple of frames of black or something at the end so it looks somewhat nice when it loops? Thanks.

It's important that you fit in as much of the video as you can, so if you have to cut like ever other frame or do a significant quality cut, that's fine.

Gomu Gomu

Pandoracell said:
I've been pulling my hair out for 2 hours trying to make a gif with Ulead Gif Animator and failing miserably, can someone help me out here?

Here's the source video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7J-l6SmsV4

Can someone make an animated gif of that video from the start of the stage (right after the skull man intro, where it flashes 'ready' on the screen) up to as far as you can go while keeping the filesize under 150kb? And put a couple of frames of black or something at the end so it looks somewhat nice when it loops? Thanks.

It's important that you fit in as much of the video as you can, so if you have to cut like ever other frame or do a significant quality cut, that's fine.
wgRkZ.gif

Well I tried.

Sanic

It's cool, thanks for that. I'm new to the whole GIF thing and I figured that I wouldn't be able to get very far into the video before it got too big :(

I'm gonna mess around myself some more (or if anyone else wants to take a crack at it?) and if I can't get anything better i'll use that. Thanks again.

So, I have a gif that is 140x140. It's 90kb, so I should be able to use it as is, correct? It will scale to 90x90 automatically?

Edit: this one, if someone could resize would be awesome thx.
4A80476.gif

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Is there a way to make an avatar out of this?

n12c80.jpg

And a smaller version (under 47k) ?? I don't think so, but... if anybody could, i'd appreciate. The latter is to use in another place.

Alucrid

Banned
Can anyone resize this so it fits the avatar guidelines?
l_f22cdb7df386fbeedeb7827c4138dbf2.gif

Also, a gaffer pointed me to a site a while ago to put GIFs up on...I forget what it is though. It had a dark grey background. Anyone?

Schrade

Insane Metal said:
Is there a way to make an avatar out of this?

http://i44.tinypic.com/n12c80.jpg

And a smaller version (under 47k) ?? I don't think so, but... if anybody could, i'd appreciate. The latter is to use in another place.
Here's a 90x68 119k one:

2qjf9ja.gif

To do the 47kish one you'd have to make a custom palette by hand. I don't have the time to do that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom