• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3: First official glimpse

Searched and found nothing

Microsoft's worst kept secret, Forza Motorsport 3, has been semi-officially revealed during a briefing at its Brazilian headquarters in Sao Paulo.

As you can see from the video below, a partially covered logo that's unmistakably Forza appears in the platform holder's line-up for 2009. You can see it about 6:58 in the video.

The third instalment in the Turn 10 racing series is far from a secret though, as details on the game were leaked last summer, followed by yet another leak earlier this year with artwork from the game.

According to the smuggled details Forza 3 will include over 100 tracks and 400 cars on a two-disc set. We'll almost definitely see more at E3 in June. If we don't, we'll eat the office.

CVG with video

Diablohead said:
Screen grab:

2poz8eg.jpg

Crap, I need to play more Forza 2, before Forza 3 comes out. Lousy PGR4 took all my racing game time. (I bought them both at the same time for a ridiculously low price)

DuckRacer

Gbeav said:
More tracks please.

Lots more.
And more modes too. (which they're coming according to the leaked details.)

There better be at least around 25-30 tracks this time instead of 10.

Not even a month away and here come the leaks. :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if every MS E3 debut was 'spoiled' a week before their conference.

I was hoping for some actual in game footage but either way I am so excited for FM3. Playing 2 again right now and I just love the style of the menus and how they create a game. More tracks and modes please this time!

Zhuk

Banned
This is incredibly exciting for us Forza fans, I spent literally hundreds of hours playing the series (and I still play it to this day) so I am really hyped to see what the guys at Turn 10 have done.

If you have been following their blogs on Forzamotorsport.net, the big thing they have alluded to is improved graphics, which I am sure is on many people's wishlists. They say it looks so good that they are having wallpaper contests to see who can take the sexiest new pics of the cars, and they have also stated that every new build adds even more graphical fidelity.

Here's a photoshopped image of what people think the logo looks like. Credit goes to Russtic on the FM.net forums:

1408zyr.jpg

All Forza needs to be the premier racer for 360 is better graphics. And a cleaner interface (2 was very jumbled).

Everything else about it is ace. 2 is still best racer on live, but I think everyone expects a really big graphic overhaul, especially in the face of games like Gran Turismo.

Ranger X

If they make it even more a simulation and that every car is having a decent cockpit view I will buy a 360 for this. There simply isn't enough good sim racers out there.

Oh yeah, and cockpit view I agree with this.

Otherwise, I dunno how you can improve such a great racing title other than add more track variety, weather effects, etc. (2-Disc, make it happen).

Kildace said:
If MS wants Forza to truly compete with GT it'll have to be about both gameplay and flawless graphics and effects.

At this point I think it's GT that needs to worry about competing with Forza. Forza 2 really raised the bar, and it looks like turn 10 will have 2 full games out this gen before Sony gets 1 GT out the door...

thaOwner

Gbeav said:
What? It excels in the 60 fps and awesome feel of driving, graphics are not great.

oh boy.

I saw the video earlier and did not know what to make of it. Good news. E3 will be so good.

Haunted

Hot. Loved the first Forza, and Forza 2 wasn't too shabby either.

Here's hoping [an improved version of] the livery editor makes a return, I was pretty amazed by the shit people were able to produce with that relatively limited editor in Forza 2. :D

Spoilered as not to derail the thread, but it's imo kinda ridiculous that Turn 10 will most likely manage to release two fully-featured and well-received sim-racing games in the time it takes PD to make GT5.

Gbeav said:
Forza really isn't about graphics and effects.

Forza 1 was...

Forza 2 cared more about 60fps. I know what I'd rather have in my hardcore racing simulation. Maybe Forza 3 can provide both.

EDIT: I know it's not a "hardcore sim", but y'know what I mean.

purg3

slept with Malkin
SuperEnemyCrab said:
At this point I think it's GT that needs to worry about competing with Forza. Forza 2 really raised the bar, and it looks like turn 10 will have 2 full games out this gen before Sony gets 1 GT out the door...

exactly.

most anticipated game this year, hopefully it won't be long before we get concrete details on game modes, etc.

h3ro

Dead Man Typing said:
Crap, I need to play more Forza 2, before Forza 3 comes out. Lousy PGR4 took all my racing game time. (I bought them both at the same time for a ridiculously low price)

Does not compute.

Bring on Forza! Where art thou Che?

I have never had a problem with the F2 graphics, maybe x4 AA would give it a lovely finish but it looks great in HD, runs smooth and solid too.

Like the first two games I will buy this at launch.

Haunted

Kildace said:
If MS wants Forza to truly compete with GT it'll have to be about both gameplay and flawless graphics and effects.
Honestly? GT has to play catchup with their damage modelling and collision physics first.

Playing Prologue right now and the game looks fantastic, the cars feel pretty fucking good - but everytime one of the others bumps into me or I bump into anything the illusion is completely broken. Definitely the highest priority issue as far as GT is concerned for me.

And the highest priority for Turn 10 should be implementing cockpit views and keeping the solid 60fps from Forza 2 for the game. That really made a huge fucking difference.

what I want for forza3; no more awful extremely slow piece of shit menu system and interface. really, is it that hard to make this happen? also, a good replay camera. oh and way more tracks. no more test track and whatever the snake ones with loads of different worthless configurations are called in forza2. awful.

Zhuk

Banned
Diablohead said:
I have never had a problem with the F2 graphics, maybe x4 AA would give it a lovely finish but it looks great in HD, runs smooth and solid too.

Like the first two games I will buy this at launch.

Honestly my only problem with the graphics was that some of the car models were just awful, but most of them were pretty good and the tracks themselves are of an extremely high quality.

It's not very 'sim' of me but I really do want cockpit view, PGR has spoiled me.

Haunted said:
Honestly? GT has to play catchup with their damage modelling first.

Playing Prologue right now and the game looks fantastic, the cars feel pretty fucking good - but everytime one of the others bumps into me or I bump into anything the illusion is completely broken. Definitely the highest priority issue as far as GT is concerned for me.

And the highest priority for Turn 10 should be implementing cockpit views and keeping the solid 60fps from Forza 2 for the game. That really made a huge fucking difference.
the collision stuff in forza2 really wasn't that great either, not comparing to gt, just it wasn't that great.

oh yeah cockpit views.

h3ro said:
Does not compute.

Bring on Forza! Where art thou Che?

I don't mean that PGR4 was lousy, I mean it was so good it took up all my racing game time, and I never got the chance to play Forza 2 properly.

I love PGR4, it's my podcast game. I have it installed on two seperate 360 HDD's, one of which is a 20GB. Trying to finish all the bike races on gold just now (already did the cars) but the Nurbering is a pain in the backside, as always.

Zhuk

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:
oh boy I wonder if this will come out before GT5 ever materializes

If GT5 isnt shown at E3 I have lost all faith in PD, its becoming a joke. Hopefully they aren't wasting their time on GT mobile for PSP Go!

Top Bottom