• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Week 3 Car Announcements (Japanese) also Body Customization Options

Mush

Wow, something must really be up if they can't even secure the world's biggest car manufacturer.

Edit: 2nd apparently.

xrnzaaas

This really sucks. I have missed VW's in Horizon 3 even though I'm not a big fan of this automaker in real life, but Toyota has tons of cooler production cars than Volkswagen.

And no Lexus? This is even worse. :(

KdotIX

Has it been confirmed there is no Lexus? Or is it just a case of none of their cars have shown up in these weekly lists yet?

danowat

Banned
Has it been confirmed there is no Lexus? Or is it just a case of none of their cars have shown up in these weekly lists yet?

I think people are just surmising that the loss of the Toyota license means the loss of the Lexus license too, same company and all that.

Grassy

Someone on the Forza forums said Turn10 are going to make an official statement on Friday, no source tho...

Apparently NFS: Payback does have the GT86(according to GT Planet), but that's pretty much the only production Toyota between GT Sport(which also has the SF-R), PCars 2 and NFS. The rest are racing variants. NFS(2015) also had the mkIV Supra and AE86 Sprinter/Corolla, so the fact they haven't returned for the new NFS points to Toyota being the problem here.

It's strange because Microsoft is a major sponsor of Toyota's WRC car, and only a few months ago MS and Toyota entered into a new patent licensing agreement, so you have to wonder what's happened here.

Edit: From the author of the article on AR12:
blahklsfp.png

Izuna

Banned
Toyota fans can cry and wait for inevitable DLC like Mitsubishi fans had to with Horizon 1.

Though, we better get the '86 in said DLC for fanboy reasons.

Toyota fans can cry and wait for inevitable DLC like Mitsubishi fans had to with Horizon 1.

Though, we better get the '86 in said DLC for fanboy reasons.

What are you talking about?

2008 Lancer Evolution X GSR
1999 Lancer Evolution VI GSR

The 2008 was in the demo for horizon 1.

This is all looking quite good.

I was very impressed with the HDR clips I saw on Gamersyde.

If they confirmed HDR for PC, i'd probably be in for a pre order.

Evo VIII MR came with the rally update -- it was hard to wait for.

But the way you framed your post you made it seem like it wasnt there at launch. I dont know what your deal is but its very strange the way you are popping in and out of these threads concern trolling.

Izuna

Banned
Why you always trolling bro.

Nothing I said was false. I bonded the car that isn't always there at launch and is sometimes missing from other games. Someone said it was in every forza, but it wasn't at launch.

I'm not a super huge fan but personally at least, without this car I dont enjoy it at much. It's not too different from feeling the same way about lack of Toyota

--

It's gonna be silly to have any drifting advertising without the GT86.

mreddie

Someone on the Forza forums said Turn10 are going to make an official statement on Friday, no source tho...

Apparently NFS: Payback does have the GT86(according to GT Planet), but that's pretty much the only production Toyota between GT Sport(which also has the SF-R), PCars 2 and NFS. The rest are racing variants. NFS(2015) also had the mkIV Supra and AE86 Sprinter/Corolla, so the fact they haven't returned for the new NFS points to Toyota being the problem here.

It's strange because Microsoft is a major sponsor of Toyota's WRC car, and only a few months ago MS and Toyota entered into a new patent licensing agreement, so you have to wonder what's happened here.

blahklsfp.png

No LFA is huge, funny enough Honda's are coming back to NFS

Sillution

Something that always personally bothers me, why can't they have Evo 8 and 9 GSR's as well as MR's. The 5 speed makes a better drag racing car then the 6 speed.

But the list is looking good!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Something that always personally bothers me, why can't they have Evo 8 and 9 GSR's as well as MR's. The 5 speed makes a better drag racing car then the 6 speed.

But the list is looking good!

Why leave out the x?

And that ugly red dash led in the 2008 evo x... give me an updated one (but not a final edition, those seats suck)

blahklsfp.png

If they really have a partnership with them of sorts then don't think a downloadable expansion like the Porsche ones would be unthinkable :)

xrnzaaas

If they really have a partnership with them of sorts then don't think a downloadable expansion like the Porsche ones would be unthinkable :)

They got away with the Porsche expansions, because everyone knew it was a long time exclusive for EA and it wasn't easy to obtain the license. With Toyota they wouldn't have that excuse and they would piss off a lot of people for removing content and then charging for it. But yeah, this is Microsoft so there aren't a lot of things that would genuinely surprise me. ;)

ghibli99

No Toyota is weird. Current leadership there is pushing a more passion-evoking image with their design language, so not having their cars in a big game like this seems so mistimed. It won't stop me from continuing to buy games in this series, even though they took my AP1 S2000 out after 4.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
As long as these babies are in, I'm IN!

017.jpg

whiteangel01.jpg

Soldat_Crinale_Racing.jpg

Cv75.jpg

saladine1

I wonder what the reason is?

Could it be Toyota is sick of seeing their cars in games being represented by 'nostalgic' cars more than their current productions cars?

EBreda

I would never skip a (potentially) great racing game because one brand of cars is not represented alongside 700 other vehicles and honestly I cant quite comprehend the persons who will. I'm sorry.

I mean, you have hundreds of cars to choose from, you will definitely face challenges that will restrict which cars you'll be able to drive (so even if Toyotas were in the game they would not be drivable in some/most of the career races probably), there are definitely other cars in the same class/pi as each one of these missing toyotas (so it's not like a whole class/category of cars is missing), most of these Toyotas would not be feasable in online lobbies depending on the restrictions / championships, and yet people will skip the game based on this ?

Bananas I say. Bananas.

Fox Mulder

Could it be Toyota is sick of seeing their cars in games being represented by 'nostalgic' cars more than their current productions cars?

I can see this. They don't really make many sporty cars anymore and what does a bunch of 20 year old cars really do for their current marketing.

mreddie

I can see this. They don't really make many sporty cars anymore and what does a bunch of 20 year old cars really do for their current marketing.

Funny thing is we know the Supra is making a comeback plus Toyota now has the 86 but I think it's funny how Honda is cool with these games since the whole line is spearheaded with the new Civic and Mazda has the Miata.

I do hope Lexus is still in the game since they have the RC and LC.

xrnzaaas

Thing is they don't have any sporty cars in their current lineup except for the GT86 (which is getting old) and Yaris Sport.

supersaw

I think the Toyota omission sucks from the point of view of a completionist, in 5 and 6 we lost the japanese tracks but got 1080p and some new cars now we get back the japanese tracks and Porsche but lose a major Japanese manufacturer.

I'm sure we just all want the perfect forza with an engaging career and the cars and tracks we all love.

xrnzaaas

Forza 4's career mode is getting a lot of shit from some people, but I just loved that huge table and I managed to complete about 90% of it (I only ignored a few endurance events on my less favorite circuits and stuff like autocross which I hate). Sadly we're going to get something similar to Horizon 3 in Forza 7 - here, you have the tools, go nuts and set all the rules yourself (and your finishing place doesn't matter at all).

Mascot

Forza 4's career mode is getting a lot of shit from some people, but I just loved that huge table and I managed to complete about 90% of it (I only ignored a few endurance events on my less favorite circuits and stuff like autocross which I hate). Sadly we're going to get something similar to Horizon 3 in Forza 7 - here, you have the tools, go nuts and set all the rules yourself (and your finishing place doesn't matter at all).

Thanks for reminding me that I was 99% complete on the career grid in FM4 (including those stupid fucking drag races) before the game suddenly decided to revert me back to about 30% complete.

It did this twice.

Top Bottom