• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

What load times?

Exactly. At worst, it takes a few seconds for matchmaking and synching in the background between events but that is masked by the stats screen briefly showing up to update you on your info. IQ basically on-par with Infamous Second Son, a rock-solid 30fps, incredible sense of lighting and draw distance, and amazing sense of speed all around. Just a gorgeous technical achievement in addition to, IMO, being likely to be the best example of open-world driving/racing design. Race courses are nice in the demo and you'll never find yourself confused or lost like you could in a Burnout Paradise or such.

MS need to make them first party, stat.

Absolutely. Just imagine them working on a new PGR or RSC.

I5OYGi6.gif

FrankT

MS strategy in buying anything gaming is interesting to say the least. They buy nothing since Rare then late in the game buy the Gears IP out right. Then buy Minecraft for $2.5B. They need a little more constistency. These guys and Remedy would be wins.

Love how at the end of the demo it throws up three options to buy the game. I'm guessing there will be a ton of people who were on the fence prior to the demo clicking one of those options.

Digital future. Love it.

Two first party racing devs...

I think they'd have to branch out from just Forza if MS did buy them.

I think they could clearly based on how well they seem to have taken to the Xbox One.

Absolutely. Just imagine them working on a new PGR or RSC.

I5OYGi6.gif

RSC please!

MS strategy in buying anything gaming is interesting to say the least. They buy nothing since Rare then late in the game buy the Gears IP out right. Then buy Minecraft for $2.5B. They need a little more constistency. These guys and Remedy would be wins.

Indeed, they could have both for less than $1B.

This game is amazing, it's like they took everything from Forza 5 and improved it in every single way. Honestly from playing Forza at 60 and this at 30fps I still get the same sense of speed partly due to the variety the courses bring.

Playing in the storm for the first time and wow! Love how the handling has been done and how customizable it is.

I was thinking about picking up another game but no way, this is going to get a lot of multiplayer time and I can see it creating some amazing online races.

I don't think I will be able to play a simple track based racing game again now.

shandy706

I'd love for them to take them on and give them an even bigger budget.

However, don't mess with them at all outside of financially backing them. Don't change their game direction or control it beyond what is already guiding them.

Rotate PGR (closed circuit arcade) and Horizon (plus any side game they want to take on) every two years. Maybe a mascot racer if they want.

They're incredible game developers.

rjcc

has anyone confirmed the digital preorders unlock at 12AM ET / is this the new xbox one policy on digital preloads?

aka, I like the demo.

Gamertag Rjcc

Bgamer90

Banned
Loving the demo. Game looks great. Handling has improved a whole lot. My wheel was going crazy when I had to race in the grass. Took me a few races to get used to it.

The lighting is fantastic too.

rjcc

Speaking of racing games... what ever happened to Rallysport Challenge¿ I had a blast with the second one on the Xbox.

Dice got acquired, Microsoft kept the Rallisport name and it just died so that the world could get more Battlefield games every fucking year.

DALBEN

Banned
This game is so good :).

Some ppl here are having problems with the free roam mode, it works fine here, but a friend got the same problem.

U2NUMB

Dice got acquired, Microsoft kept the Rallisport name and it just died so that the world could get more Battlefield games every fucking year.

We so need another one... Dirt needs some competition. And Playground are the group I want to handle it!

ironcreed

Banned
Jesus, the map for the full game is huge. The game looks and plays incredible as well. The best racing game I ever played just got even better.

Jrs3000

;-)

I had the FIFA 15 + Forza 5 kinect-less bundle. A lot XBO's here in The Netherlands (Tier 2 country) have this annoying issue.

White XBO looks cool but out of place in my set-up with all black consoles.

Yes, I've heard those are not affected by the coil whine noise but I don't want to pay for the Kinect because I don't need it.

Let MS fix it that is the 100% sure fire way to gurantee you don't get another one with the issue since the kinectsless batch seems to be bad.

Just booted it up and played a good 2 hours of it, I was on the fence with this game until now, as soon as I started the first race and realised what it meant I had a big grin on my face, I'm blown away by the IQ, weather and the fact the framerate weren't dropping at all, its a huge achievement for a studio that has only created its second game, holy shit I've preordered it digitally now, well done devs.

I really hope that this is the game that gets Microsoft to think about acquiring them as one of their first party studios because I don't ever want to see another Bizarre Creations again.

jond76

Banned
I played a couple of races to see if a) I liked the handling, and b) if I could win a race. Yes to both!

I'm not going to play this demo any more and just buy it. I'm sold.

TRI Mike

That's really sad. Now it's gonna be even harder for me to stop disliking Battlefield sequels.

Anyway, I'll start downloading this demo as soon as I get home, really hyped about it.

skyfinch

Holy shit is game is so good! Easily the most fun I've ever had in a racing game.
And the graphics are incedible (minus some draw in).

Just fished the second race/first championship. I thought those Forza vids may have doctored. They have not. The game, particularly the rain effects looks outstanding. The way the rain falls, and replaces droplets is stunning. The game looks much better than Forza 5 which is a great looking game on its own. The soundtrack isn't my taste, but the driving controls are perfect for me. As a driving game enthusiast, I like that controls are a little more forgiving vs Forza. I can race without having to be perfect. Great demo, excited for the full game.

mr stroke

Loving the demo. Game looks great. Handling has improved a whole lot. My wheel was going crazy when I had to race in the grass. Took me a few races to get used to it.

The lighting is fantastic too.

What wheel are you using ?

And is this as playable with a wheel since it's not a sim ?

Top Bottom