• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

I used to. I kept the fires burning for months, but now I just can't. The disappointment month after month is just too much...

This was me after they announced the October preview features,

PEEF1Gn.gif

Angelcurio

Gold Member
Going to stream it for a bit if anyone wants to watch my coming out of racing game retirement ass

http://www.twitch.tv/monsters_arcade

Game looks really good and fun, it reminds me of Burnout Paradise and makes me wonder how an hypotetically sequel on PS4/XONE would have been like. The only somewhat distractive element i have seen so far is that when you traverse through a grass field, my brain keeps expecting some kind of physics reaction, but instead of crushing the grass, it looks like you are simply clipping throught all the grass in the field,

oh my god this game is fucking amazing

Yeah definitely doesn't seem like this will be disappointing in the full game. Now all I need is an appropriate XBO deal and I'm definitely all in. This game and Sunset Overdrive, hooo boy.

Played it at a friends house?

It's damn good, some slight criticisms about the rain and how static it is, but it's pretty bloody great apart from that.

There's literally no better feeling than barrelling through a vineyard in bumper cam view at 100mph.

ShutterMunster

I'm kind of impressed by how much I dig it. It just felt awesome zipping around in that Lambo and then the Evo. I'm also shocked by how good it is visually. It's got it's own little look, but I dig it. I may have to add another racer onto my list for this fall. Going to race around some more.

FrankT

FML my X1 didn't download the queued FH2 demo download because it had to apply a Destiny update first.

I don't get what is going on with that. 2 times now I have had to do a manual update with games. Once with Diablo and once with Destiny. This should all be automatic with the setting I thought.

I don't get what is going on with that. 2 times now I have had to do a manual update with games. Once with Diablo and once with Destiny. This should all be automatic with the setting I thought.

Sadly if you own the disc version of a game you need to run the disc for an update to finish up, otherwise it sits there doing nothing.

If you mean problems with live bought games, no idea.

flashmouth

Neo Member
That game's so good, I wanna cry. But the handling could go deeper for my taste, nowhere near fm5, although they have all the options.

Some key improvements for me:
tuning options before the race are back, thank god for that
disabling rewind grants you +20% on rewards

really enjoying it, just blasting through the fields in cockpit view is amazing.

_DrMario_

Can I has a Canadian buy on the US store? Like I don't mind paying the canadian price on digital games but fuck paying a 15% tax on top of that.

FrankT

Sadly if you own the disc version of a game you need to run the disc for an update to finish up, otherwise it sits there doing nothing.

If you mean problems with live bought games, no idea.

Ah. Though my Diablo is digital. I suppose maybe it was updated close to the time I got on, but I'm pretty sure it was released earlier that day.

vrln

Neo Member
Hm...A genre where I typically pass on everything except Mario Kart, but I will probably have to buy this. Some observations from someone who never played Horizon 1, but has played a little bit of Forza 5 casually:

- Cleanest IQ I´ve seen on PS4/XBO yet. Yes, cleaner than Infamous (which is stunning too). Is this running 4X MSAA? Post-processing AA this simply cannot be. 1080P, and not a jaggy in sight. Technically this is probably the most impressive game on current gen yet if you ask me. For a console that is less powerful than the PS4, it certainly does not show.

- Mistook the game for a 60 fps one before I remembered that it isn´t. Best use of motion blur in a racing game I´ve ever seen.

- Fun gameplay, stunningly polished presentation. Best use of the rumble triggers so far.

- This is how you do a demo right. Some real content with variation. This is the work of a confident developer that has nothing to hide and is willing to let the game do the talking.

Sorry for the maybe overdone hype, but just credit where credit is due. Bravo Playground. My only gripe is I wish the wheel physics would be more arcade like (less drift).

Kssio_Aug

Playground are masters. They proved that with the first Horizon and have outdid themselves yet again. I don't see any racing game topping this. At least not for me.

Yup, neither for me. I am not a big fan of racing sims (besides FM5 surprised me), and I was looking for a more arcadey game that:
-Did not had cops to spoil your races.
-Did not encourage crashing to gain bonuses.
-That had good handling.
-That had tunning and visual customization.

Forza Horizon 2 seems exactly that, and even more!! With dynamic weather, real time day cycle, stunning visuals and apparently many different events! Loved it, trully! Day 0 here!

the cockpit view is the only one I'm using, I got used to it by playing Forza 5 and now I can't switch to a different camera.

loving this demo so much that I'm afraid I will be playing it everyday until the 30th

This demo is absolutely fantastic. The physics feel great, the framerate is solid, and the IQ is superb. I don't really have anything negative to say about it right now. It's just a really well made game.

Top Bottom