• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

BShadowJ

So I'm thinking of getting the game (kinda late to the party yes), can anyone confirm to me how can I get the game from the HK store? Does the buy a gift card + pay rest with Paypal still work, or would I need to buy enough gift cards to cover the price?

danowat

Banned
So I'm thinking of getting the game (kinda late to the party yes), can anyone confirm to me how can I get the game from the HK store? Does the buy a gift card + pay rest with Paypal still work, or would I need to buy enough gift cards to cover the price?

I'd just get enough gift cards to cover it to be on the safe side, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

BShadowJ

I'd just get enough gift cards to cover it to be on the safe side, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Hmm it's just that the difference between the regular HK price and having to buy enough gift cards to cover it all is still somewhat big... If the old method doesn't work anymore I'll have to think about it then.

Noobcraft

I may have to defect from the [oven] club I used for Forza Horizon 2 and join the [GAF] club. Only picked it for the [oven] tag, don't know anything about the rest of the club lol.

Daffy Duck

Yeah, third festival expansion I think. It's further in than it was for FH2 anyway.

Is this different to the Forza Community through the dash?

And are these clubs limited like the ones in FH2, we filled that up pretty quickly.

You guys also doing anything round here for a launch event?

Noobcraft

Still haven't shipped my Ultimate Edition yet eh Amazon....
Never too late to go digital
Depending on internet speed it might almost be too late to go digital
. You get $10 back in MS credit if you get the digital version from the Microsoft store, and it gets you the game on Windows 10 and XB1.

ToiJu

Still haven't shipped my Ultimate Edition yet eh Amazon....
Seems like there is some trouble with stores getting the Ultimate Edition at least here in Finland. Some stores have changed their release dates to 30th. I hope this isn't true. I already bought a new S controller just for tomorrow because the old one rattles when it vibrates, but now it seems I have to wait until next week for the game and in the worst case, till the end of the week. I know going digital is an option but I really want the steelbook.

U2NUMB

And are these clubs limited like the ones in FH2, we filled that up pretty quickly.

You guys also doing anything round here for a launch event?

I am also wondering if its limited to 1000 like last time. We could have used well more than that around launch. Either way.. excited to join!

ekim

Some questions about voice chat in MP. Haven't tried that on PC yet. Do I need to form a party outside of the game for voice or is there a general voice channel in free roaming and other MP modes?

Noobcraft

Yes. The ForzaGAF club through the dash will ideally be helpful for arranging tournaments and finding groups to play with through LFG. The [GAF] club ingame will leverage the community features ingame.

As far as limitations, I'm not sure if they raised the cap ingame to allow more than 1000 members, but the dashboard one doesn't have any size limitations that I'm aware of. There are Xbox clubs with over 7000 members.

witness

. You get $10 back in MS credit if you get the digital version from the Microsoft store, and it gets you the game on Windows 10 and XB1.

I would love to go digital, but the 20% off with Prime was too good to pass up.

deoee

Got the digital Ultimate Edition for 60€ in Germany, can't complain about that price.

It's a bit more "tricky" to get it that way but it will be worth it :D

Now get me on board of that hype train!!!

ShapeGSX

Do they email the code to you from the Microsoft Store if you get the digital version?

I'm just trying to figure out why it says this:
"Pre-order by 10AM PST on September 20 and get it the day it's released."

m23

Jealous of all you lucky people being able to play. I'll get my copy Saturday morning though, just a couple more days for me.

Echoes

There's no tax there :)
If you have a PayPal account the best and cheaper way is to get 300 HKD on Play-Asia for example and pay the rest with PayPal (you can't use just PayPal on the Xbox Store, it will just fail).

Don't worry, just look at the store where you bought it, not the "wrong" store :)

Thank you. I decided to wait and finish up all my duties for today, and then jump in the morning. Still jealous of everyone! :p Enjoy the game.

Noobcraft

Do they email the code to you from the Microsoft Store if you get the digital version?

I'm just trying to figure out why it says this:
"Pre-order by 10AM PST on September 20 and get it the day it's released."
If you get it digitally you get the code instantly. They don't even Email it to you it just pops up in the next page lol. I preordered mine after 10AM PST on September 20th, that's for the physical copy.

zorbsie

Clubs took a bit longer than I thought in FH3 to unlock. Maybe it was because I was driving around trying to get every road early on. :) When you unlock clubs in game and want to join GAF car club. Send me a message either here or on live and I'll hook you up. We slipped down to 12th but it's only me in the club. Get in here and lets rank up!

Top Bottom