• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

jono51

Banned
More facts over at ForzaLife

- traffic with licensed cars
- cars you can´t buy like unicorn cars in Forza Motorsport, but find in barns
- 3 radiostations: Drum n' Bass , Dub and Rock/Mattel. via radio you´re informed by events too
- snow
- destructible objects
- animated environment
- rewind function
- speedtraps

3 radio stations is kinda crappy, but everything else sounds pretty good.

More facts over at ForzaLife

- traffic with licensed cars
- cars you can´t buy like unicorn cars in Forza Motorsport, but find in barns
- 3 radiostations: Drum n' Bass , Dub and Rock/Mattel. via radio you´re informed by events too
- snow
- destructible objects
- animated environment
- rewind function
- speedtraps

Barn finds is actually a really awesome idea. I am definitely digging that, as it shows the game will let you just cruise in the open the world. I am guessing speedtraps is just like the thing in PGR/NFS where you have to get the highest speed at each of the traps.

Eurogamer says it does have cockpit view

No tuning?
Does that mean no upgrades?

Fuck that if true...

Honest, if this is true then it becomes an instant no-buy for me. The biggest thing about these games for me is tuning/modifying the cars to match my playstyle. It is boring to keep all the cars stock when there is nothing more exciting than a 400hp shitbox or a 2000hp Ford GT.

BADNED, someone, please tell me this isn't true because I honestly don't want the game if it is....

Edit: I am hoping that just means you can't modify like camber/ratios/suspension/etc. While that is still SUPER shitty, it is at least someone plausible given the NFS vibe.

Xanadu with a negative post...................................

Let's just be honest here and admit that he never has anything decent to say about, well, anything really. He isn't a GT fanboy, he is just someone who likes to complain.

no cockpit - no buy. hope we get more info soon

The Eurogamer quote looks like it will have cockpit views. It is pretty much a given this generation and is stupid to leave it out considering they already have them all modeled.

Snubbers

forza motorsport was once my favourite racing game franchise, shame

LOL, we get it, you love Forza really, but show it by constantly ragging it to pieces. :D

What is particularly shameful about this game? Sounds like the best attempt at open world racer I've seen!

Forza physics, 65 surfaces, open world, dynamic day/night and we know they access to an incredible library of cars.. What is their not to like?

This game is coming this fall, but they can't show gameplay yet?

I smell trouble.

The same thing went on at E3 last year for FM4. They debuted a trailer and then they had some demo units on the show floor. I am guessing we will start seeing some gameplay vids from the major sites soon.

Xun

Heh, I thought the music in the trailer was terrible, but the actual game looks cool as hell.

I didn't see a single Ferrari though and this disturbs me.
As I said a while back, I really doubt we'll see Ferrari in the game.

Looks great either way.

kafiend

Finding cars in barns? Just what I always want to do in a game about driving, stopping at buildings just in case there is a car in it.
It couldn't be a method like winning non buyable cars from racing events triggered by finding them driving around. No, no, no... Look a barn lets stop driving!

I wonder if the livery editor is in, and if its the same as F4, and if so can I transfer them over like from 3 to 4. I have a few that make me some money, and dont want to remake them.

Finding cars in barns? Just what I always want to do in a game about driving, stopping at buildings just in case there is a car in it.
It couldn't be a method like winning non buyable cars from racing events triggered by finding them driving around. No, no, no... Look a barn lets stop driving!

Some of the most fun in TDU was driving around where you were not supposed to be.

G Rom

Livery editor and upgrades confirmed :

The Horizon Festival is also the hub around which Forza Horizon revolves. Go here to buy or sell cars to and from your personal collection; design and paint the cars you own using Forza’s incredibly flexible livery editor; upgrade your cars to take them to the next level of performance; upload your automotive masterpieces and browse your friends’ in-game creations.

Source

Edit :
Forza Horizon is jam-packed with specialty events the likes of which you’ve never seen in the Forza series, such as non-sanctioned street races that take place only at night, pitting you against the legendary Forza AI in a white-knuckle winner-take-all sprint to the finish line.

Seriously Turn 10 ? :D

Edit 2 : Rivals mode confirmed :
Experience the evolution of Rivals Mode as every event in Forza Horizon can be raced online.

CamHostage

Looks fun, but I kind of wish it was just driving and not all this weaving through traffic and smashing stuff and evading cops. I'd like to have just one game that's about the fun of getting behind the wheel of unique and customizable cars. Too much Need for Speed, not enough Forza from what I've seen so far. But maybe the trailer was just hopped-up for show and there are more features for straight car-nuts in there as well?

Source

Edit :

THANK BABY JESUS!!!!!!

So it seems like it is just "tuning" that is out. While that sucks, it is definitely doable.

And, no offense, but you can tell who the car guys are. The idea of finding cars in barns is like the greatest thing for a car guy. I hope we get to find them all rusted out and covered in dust and then we get to sort of "restore" them. Honestly, I would love to have to pay money to restore the barn finds back to drivable condition.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I really REALLY hope Pikes Peak is in the game. Hell, I would be happy with a fictional version but I just want some awesome hill climbs to take cars on.

Here is also hoping for some legit widebody and rally inspired kits.

Forza Horizon is jam-packed with specialty events the likes of which you’ve never seen in the Forza series, such as non-sanctioned street races that take place only at night, pitting you against the legendary Forza AI in a white-knuckle winner-take-all sprint to the finish line.

I laughed in real life.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Finding the scraps in TDU was fun... this is basically the same thing. Encourages you to go off road and explore every nook and cranny.

saladine1

Source

Edit :

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

Honestly, I can live without tuning in a game like this. As long as I can upgrade and customize, then I'll be in heaven!!!

After reading the articles at FM.net, it seems that this game is very ambitious. So much stuff to see and do. Very happy...

The same thing went on at E3 last year for FM4. They debuted a trailer and then they had some demo units on the show floor. I am guessing we will start seeing some gameplay vids from the major sites soon.

The game is on the show floor, but not important enough for E3 to present it in their conference. No Kinect, no show.

Just like they didn't show gameplay of 4 at last years E3?

My bad. A friend told me they showed a CG trailer.

Now I see it was real time.

Yeah... I mean, their AI isn't TERRIBLE but I think "legendary" is a bit much.

AI in Forza is so, so bad. You can play on Professional and still beat them by 20+ seconds in most races. The hardest part is actually passing them. Once you pass, they give up. It's bizarre.

Whoever built their "Drivatar" technology didn't do their job very well.

Seanspeed

Banned
I wonder how big the area is?
Thats my next big concern now that we know that upgrades and a livery editor are in. These two are absolutely essential for a thriving online community.

I also hope there's some sort of option to turn traffic off or at least have times where we dont have to deal with it driving on the open road.

Thats my next big concern now that we know that upgrades and a livery editor are in. These two are absolutely essential for a thriving online community.

I also hope there's some sort of option to turn traffic off or at least have times where we dont have to deal with it driving on the open road.

I would hope location and time of day would affect this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where did that come from?

Few devs/pubs have had as good a relationship with Ferrari over the years as T10/MS, so I'd be astounded if their cars were not in Horizon for some reason.
Somebody was saying it in this thread or the other. Highly unlikely I thought too, that's why I'm questioning it.

Also, we should be posting in the other thread, not cluttering up discussion here.

It should be a bit like real life most likely. Highways more crowded, mountain roads nearly empty... Night time with less cars.

I truly hope it's a big world. TDU 2 was immense, it was a shame one island was only an upgrade, and that in total it was two separate islands. One big landmass like in Fuel would be the best. Specially with these graphics.

What has bummed me so far is that it looks like the festival is the place for new cars/upgrades. Did anyone not enjoy the fact in TDU each town had various dealers? That gave an incredible sense of place to the world. And in all honesty so did houses, which had various dealers in towns too. It was fun looking for the right house for your money, because they had the garage spots for your cars. So you had to choose a house 4-slot garage, or maybe a 2-slot only, so you could afford a new car right after.

DAN ON GTTV! Right now.

Seanspeed

Banned
Doesn't look like you can drive off-road. Seems like there's off-road surfaces, but you'll still be stuck within a limited path.

Physics definitely dont look like Forza's, but it doesn't seem as bad as TDU's, so thats acceptable for me.

Top Bottom