• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Trojan X said:
I can't believe Night, Real-time weather changes (inc. rain) and more beautiful cities based tracks are not included in Forza 4 after a whole years of constant requests.

Can anyone here or from TURN 10 that can explain the reason for this?

the answer is pretty simple - a 2 year turnaround and/or different priorities.

guest1321

kaskade said:
Oh damn, Enlighten me on how to get this setup.

My dad even liked playing the demo with the controller, so we were thinking of getting a cool little setup in the basement.

Edit: Oh is it just the standard porche pedals? I didn't notice them.
TBH I don't know much about Fanatec's line. I just recalled that people were strongly suggesting to avoid MadCatz since it is only $30 more for the Fanatec set-up. I'd assume that if the standard porsche pedals are only $30 then those are probably what people are referring to.

Galdelico

Preordered my CE this morning...

I got Forza 3 really late, so I'm still halfway through the single player career, but I literally couldn't resist. Forza 4 seems such a huge step forward compared to the prequel, and in all areas.

Can't wait for the 17 (assuming Amazon will be as fast as always).

skyfinch

sechsterangriff said:
Since Forza 3 I've become quite a fan of Lance Hayes. Since I'm currently travelling, I have yet to play the demo. How are the menu tracks? Has anything been mentioned regarding a release date for the soundtrack?

Menu tracks are simply amazing.

Trojan X said:
I can't believe Night, Real-time weather changes (inc. rain) and more beautiful cities based tracks are not included in Forza 4 after a whole years of constant requests.

no one ever said they would be in the game. everyone just assumed they would. They decided that weather and lighting nighttime courses was not going to jive with the engine they wanted to run (16 cars @ 60FPS etc), and didn't want to design tracks specific for night racing.

Xanadu said:
junkie xl > lance hayes

DAFT PUNK IS PLAYING IN MY HOUSE....MY HOUSE

Took a shot of the SRT8 Challenger on the Iberian track.

PcRgv.jpg

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
EteRnal_PAL said:
Took a shot of the SRT8 Challenger on the Iberian track.

PcRgv.jpg

I gotta say, although I prefer the modern Mustang, the Challenger is a damn fine looking muscle car. Certainly like it over the Camaro.

edit: see yall on the OT

samdavis

Neo Member
Could anyone with the game shed some light on the customization options for the Fairlady Z 432? Real-world aftermarket parts or the same old Forza-brand bumpers and spoilers?

XShagrath

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but Amazon has updated the LCE to Release Day shipping. If you ordered there, make sure to go in and update your shipping to get it on Tuesday!

XShagrath said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but Amazon has updated the LCE to Release Day shipping. If you ordered there, make sure to go in and update your shipping to get it on Tuesday!

Nice, just changed it for less than a dollar :D

Day 1 FM4 now fuck yea!

XShagrath said:

Awesome, just changed to it. Picked up the LCE when they had it for $59 and now I get free release date delivery. I'm starting off Forza 4 on a good foot. =D

Iknos

EteRnal_PAL said:
Yes, you get them for free fairly quickly. Saves you a lot of money too, in order to spend your credits on what's most important, buying new cars.

This was one of my complaints for FM3 and it looks like they've addressed it better than I thought they would.

Kotaku: Should you buy Forza Motorsport 4? Yes.
http://kotaku.com/5847412/should-you-buy-forza-motorsport-4-yes

Jalopnik: Forza 4: First Drive
http://jalopnik.com/5847234/forza-motorsport-4-first-drive

nismogrendel said:
These cars transfer from 3 to 4:

original.aspx

Your driver level in F3 gives rewards in F4:

original.aspx

If you preordered Forza 4, follow the directions here:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

You will receive a unicorn RX-7 in Forza 3 (one of the cars that transfers to F4).

If you are still playing F3 can you open storefront and search for "nisgren". I got a tune up for 1000 credits, I'm trying to get the achievement. I'll do same for you if you need.
All good mate, cheers.
I'll hit up the storefront tonight.

What's the deal with vinyl groups? You have to make 'skins/groups' of your car if you want a full design to transfer over. As in full car designs won't transfer, only groups...?

Edit: Also, wish FM2 stuff would transfer over, I haf some awesome vinyls in 2 ;-(

Trojan X said:

They already explained it in one of their under the hood articles on forzamotorsport.net.

krpiper

kx11 said:
the game is leaked to torrent , size is 15gb ??!

2 discs.

Anyway any comments on the speed wheel with this game (or Forza 3) I am debating going and picking the wheel up after class today, but I'd like to hear some opnions :)

I am a casual-ish racer. I am trying to drive manual and with most asists turned off (ABS is the only one I use in F3)

krpiper said:
2 discs.

Anyway any comments on the speed wheel with this game (or Forza 3) I am debating going and picking the wheel up after class today, but I'd like to hear some opnions :)

I am a casual-ish racer. I am trying to drive manual and with most asists turned off (ABS is the only one I use in F3)
Scroll through the last 10 pages or so ... you should see a few members impressions. So far they seem pretty positive. Better than controller seems to be the main consensus.

Some impressions probably in here too:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432818

evil_as_skeletor said:
All good mate, cheers.
I'll hit up the storefront tonight.

What's the deal with vinyl groups? You have to make 'skins/groups' of your car if you want a full design to transfer over. As in full car designs won't transfer, only groups...?

Edit: Also, wish FM2 stuff would transfer over, I haf some awesome vinyls in 2 ;-(

I'm guessing you bought my tune because I had $1000 when I logged on. I didn't get the achievement, not sure whats up w/ that. Not a huge deal, thanks for helping tho :)

I also didn't get my unicorn preorder car yet, how long did it take everyone else to get theirs?

*edit* Got my unicorn car today, took about 4 days from when I sent in the pic.

caramac

kx11 said:
the game is leaked to torrent , size is 15gb ??!

15gb!... oh my, l'm on my second 360 since release and I've still got the original hard drive. Can't even remember what size hard drive it is. Was it 20 or 30 gb?

Anyhow l know l've only got about 5gb spare but thats with FM3 fully installed.

sneaky77 said:
I thought it was determined by car PI, the higher you got the further up the grid you were
Yeah mate, that was me. I purchased it quite a few times but it would take my damn money, I was trying to donate a little more. Check the storefront regularly, sonetimes it takes a bit to show up the chievy.

Yeah I got my spirit r the other day after waiting a fair bit...

evil_as_skeletor said:
Yeah mate, that was me. I purchased it quite a few times but it would take my damn money, I was trying to donate a little more. Check the storefront regularly, sonetimes it takes a bit to show up the chievy.

Yeah I got my spirit r the other day after waiting a fair bit...

Hey I got the achievement today, thanks a ton! :)

Driving the spirit r stock was a bit underwhelming... not sure what I was expecting, but free shit is always welcome.

I'm still trying to get my hands on an LCE. I stopped by best buy, they said they may have some extras that aren't claimed. I'm gonna run by there in the morning, if they don't have any I'll pick my copy up from GS.

No gamestops in my area are doing midnight releases, guess F4 isn't big enough? :( Ah well

Izayoi

Banned
I just took a screenshot of my Amazon receipt and put my gamertag on it.

Is that going to be fine for the incentive program, or do I have to print it out, borrow a camera from a friend, and then send in that image?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Izayoi said:
I just took a screenshot of my Amazon receipt and put my gamertag on it.

thats exactly what i did and i got my rx-7 in a few days

I've finally decided to go with the standard game and the season pass. The overall impression that credits are easier to come by sort of made my mind up for me, only wanted VIP for the auction house and selling. I'll probably pick up VIP when it comes to the marketplace just for the cars.

I'm loving the idea of the season pass and not having to worry about points all the time.

Edit

Ugh, please let this thread die now we have the OT. Otherwise I'll post here instead of there. Doh.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
-MikePriester- said:
I've finally decided to go with the standard game and the season pass. The overall impression that credits are easier to come by sort of made my mind up for me, only wanted VIP for the auction house and selling. I'll probably pick up VIP when it comes to the marketplace just for the cars.

I'm loving the idea of the season pass and not having to worry about points all the time.

Edit

Ugh, please let this thread die now we have the OT. Otherwise I'll post here instead of there. Doh.

God dammit didn't know we were in here LOL...

skyfinch

djSyndrome said:
My apologies if it's already been discussed (I didn't see it), but is there any downside to playing this on a 4GB Slim console? I had read elsewhere that replays are affected, but what else?

If it's running off the disc, probably load times and textures loading in before a race.

Edit, damn, thought this was the official thread. Someone needs to close this one. Confusing.

Top Bottom