• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

jcutner

I need the BMW 1 Series M.

I will pre-order at Best Buy just to get that.
But, I imagine the LCE is a Gamestop exclusive (at least in Canada)

Since Gamestop has the Alfa if you pre-order, that sounds like I can't get the 1 Series M.

Makes me sad :(

Also I wish there were more physical things in this LCE like with FM3. The USB drive and Keychain were nice additions.

edit: preordered from bestbuy.ca to get the pre-order code

saladine1

I was actually expecting some type of feature announcement today. Still waiting on customization/tuning/upgrades information. Turn 10 seem to always leave those sort of reveals really late which shits me to no end. Oh well, just have to wait some more...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Slayer-33 said:
Yes!

Man it's going to be glorious..[/QUOTE

its tempting... if only more games supported it. would be pretty awesome for halo too

G Rom

LiK said:
VIP is a great deal if its the same as F3. The gift that keeps on giving until they release it for the masses.

Fixed.

Seriously, the day they released the VIP pass for FM3 on the marketplace was pretty much the day those gifts ended... :-/
I hope we get more of those face-off between cars where players choose the next gift though. I liked those. :)

I can't see clearly enough on my netbook but it looks like the M5's headlights are illuminated on the LCE cover as is the 458's on the regular edition.

Could this be a hint that they might be usuable?

DasRaven

G Rom said:
From BADNED's current signature and Forzacentral members' detective work, the "old" BMW M Coupé should be in the game

TYBG! That's three off my most wanted wishlist from FM3:
93 Porsche 928 GTS
94 Nissan 240SX
*95 McLaren F1 LM (we got the original shorttail, so I'm counting it)
01 BMW M5 (I think this is a given now that the F10 is in)
*02 BMW Z3 M coupe
09 Honda S2000 CR
10 Honda HSV-10
11 Audi RS5 (also almost a given)
*11 Lamborghini LP570-4 Superleggera (finally a post-facelift LP model)
11 Kia Optima SX

G Rom

DasRaven said:
93 Porsche 928 GTS
94 Nissan 240SX

*02 BMW Z3 M coupe
09 Honda S2000 CR
10 Honda HSV-10
11 Kia Optima SX

Porsche looks more and more unlikely unfortunately... :(
The 240SX was in that list supposedly found in FM3:UC that contained unreleased Forzalopnik cars among others. Some of those cars were hinted/confirmed by BADNED (FT86, Z3 M coupé, ...) recently. If the 240SX makes it in, I expect the FM.net forums to go down as it's has been one of the most requested car over there.
lol.gif

I would love to see some E39 M5 action in the game too !

DasRaven said:
93 Porsche 928 GTS
94 Nissan 240SX
*02 BMW Z3 M coupe
09 Honda S2000 CR
10 Honda HSV-10
11 Kia Optima SX

I really do hope they get the mclaren f1 LM in the game. i have yet to see this car in a simulator but hopefully turn 10 is listening ;)

i have a good feeling it will be included in the gAme- given the fact that he original is in the game- i reall dont think it would be a licensing issue.

LiK

G Rom said:
Fixed.

Seriously, the day they released the VIP pass for FM3 on the marketplace was pretty much the day those gifts ended... :-/
I hope we get more of those face-off between cars where players choose the next gift though. I liked those. :)
True, probably went full on with the sequel so no more free cars.

G Rom said:
I think they don't want to blow all their loads early. I mean, during this month, based on real races/events, they could have shown the Nordschleife and Le Mans already...
BADNED already said that not everything was shown.
Gamescom and TGS will both be held before release so they'll probably show stuff there.

That's true; they've got to pace themselves with these reveals. I guess I'm just being impatient. ;)

In BADNED we trust.

atomiswave said:
I really do hope they get the mclaren f1 LM in the game. i have yet to see this car in a simulator but hopefully turn 10 is listening ;)

i have a good feeling it will be included in the gAme- given the fact that he original is in the game- i reall dont think it would be a licensing issue.

When you include the misshapen F1 GT that nobody likes, they've got two of the three roadgoing F1 variants; it'd be a crime to leave out the most badass one of all. I don't think they will.

Come to think of it, there really isn't another game out there with a more comprehensive supercar lineup. We've finally gotten a modern, street-legal Pagani, some newer Koenigseggs, the Veyron SS, an LP560 Gallardo among other Lambos, a wide selection of Ferraris, oldies but goodies like the XJ220 and EB110, plus models from more obscure manufacturers like Noble, Spyker, and Mosler. Even with the potential loss of Porsche, it's an embarrassment of riches.

G Rom

It sure looked easy. Maybe he still had steering assist activated (doesn't illuminate IIRC) ?

The tracks looks like a (too ?) desaturated version of the FM3 Nürburgring GP with no public, better looking trees (similar to those we saw in the Road Atlanta footage) and maybe some 3D grass here and there.
Now gimme some Nordschleife footage please ! :p

eso76

drugstore_cowboy said:
Surprised to see it's not a straight port of Forza 3's, I hated the dark, oversaturated look of it before. Much nicer now.

i hope it's not just because of the offscreen capture, but yeah, colors and lighting look a lot more natural here; the colors for nurbugring gp in fm3 didn't belong in reality, that green was absolutely unreal.
Can't see much else since the pc i'm currently using is unable to play the video at more than 0.5 fps, though.

Edit; duh, it's not the offscreen capture. Photomode shots show a completely different palette too and a significant overhaul of the track i might say.
It appears T10 finally started using photographs as color reference !

G Rom

duk said:
OMG MY E92 M3 IS IN AUTOVISTA????!?!?!?!

MUST HAVE NOWWWWWWWW

No, cars shots in the hangar aren't necessarily Autovista cars !!
This environment is most likely one of the new homespace for career too.

duk

Banned
G Rom said:
No, cars shots in the hangar aren't necessarily Autovista cars !!
This environment is most likely one of the new homespace for career too.

OHHHH thanks =////////

I wonder if the new E90 CRT is in???

statham

this kills fm3 in graphics by that video. gt5 , some times it looks better, some times fm4 looks better. cockpickwise forza wins

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
op_ivy said:
great video. the better colors (could be a result of an offscreen video), FOV and especially the cockpit lighting all show a HUGE improvement over F3. cokpit looks comparable to gt5, but with better trackside detail. impressive!

Jesus fuck at the FM3 v FM4 comparison video... God damn. (GT 5 was shown in the video too)

Damn... The lighting and track look afuckingmazing on FM4.. I am wet thinking about the triple screen setup I have planned now if that's the sort of detail we are going to get across the board.. Jeez.. Notice the SKY on FM4 vs FM3/GT5 too.. Fuck? What have you done T10?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
sneaky77 said:
i think they can use a better sensation of speed in the cockpit, but it looks great

Low fps video bro lol..

Someone post that video of the "pro game tester" guy in the Alps, shit is batshit awesome.

sneaky77

Slayer-33 said:
Low fps video bro lol..

Someone post that video of the "pro game tester" guy in the Alps, shit is batshit awesome.

That video is not in cockpit view. I hope it is the video, I was just saying, since FM3 cockpit view was not all that good in sense of speed either.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Spaceman Spiff said:
BAM!

Driven by one of the Turn 10 devs.

The GTO sounds insane, and it hauls ass like a motherfucker.

Jesus Christ.

Man that GTO sounds fucking amazing... When it ran out of the tunnel it was a moment of fucking glory.

DAT GTO DOWNSHIFTING SON.

Top Bottom