• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition $79.99

statham

Forza001.jpg
"Forza Motorsport 5" Limited Edition

With multiple car packs, VIP membership privileges, and packed-in content, the "Forza Motorsport 5" Limited Edition is the ultimate package for "Forza Motorsport 5" fans. The "Forza Motorsport 5" Limited Edition features the all-new 2014 Audi RS7 Sportback on the cover and includes the following digital content:

Limited Edition Car Pack – This five-car pack features new cars that are already destined for legendary status. Each car in the “Forza Motorsport 5” Limited Edition Car Pack will feature a Limited Edition livery and will be tuned to the top of its respective class. The cars in the “Forza Motorsport 5” Limited Edition Car Pack include*:

2011 Audi RS3 Sportback – More than a mere grocery-getter, the RS3 Sportback marries performance with practicality. The result is a 340-horsepower grin-generator that will paste your head to the back of the seat and not crack a single egg in the process.

2012 Aston Martin Vanquish – As comfortable on the track as it is on cozy country lanes, the Aston Martin Vanquish is equal parts refined style and snarling, road-taming grit.

2013 Ford M Shelby Mustang GT500 – While the GT500’s aggressive lines suggest raw power and straight-line speed to spare, the sound of that big 5.8-liter V8 simply screams, “Get out of the way!”

2013 McLaren P1™ – The successor to McLaren’s legendary F1, the McLaren P1™ is an automotive highlight reel: technological innovation, gorgeous contours, and pure, unapologetic performance. Epic, legendary, astounding – words tend to fail when describing this car’s limitless potential.

2013 SRT Viper GTS – The return of the Viper has been celebrated by automotive fans worldwide. With an 8.4-liter V10 that’s capable of pushing the GTS to a top speed north of 200 mph, the 2013 Viper GTS has once again firmly entrenched its spot near the top of the American Muscle hierarchy.

VIP Membership – "Forza Motorsport 5" VIPs enjoy exclusive benefits, including 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, an exclusive in-game player card badge, and in-game gifts from the "Forza" community team.** VIPs will also have access to the "Forza Motorsport 5" VIP Car Pack, featuring five amazing cars only available to VIP members, including:

1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C — Marketed as “the fastest streetcar in the world,” the 427 S/C is the most desirable of all the Shelby Cobra variants. Out of the 100 that were planned only 53 were built. They are nothing less than a purpose-built race car converted at the last minute for street use.

1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird — Dubbed the “Yellowbird” by journalists during a test drive event, the 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird earns its name thanks to the canary-like chirping of its twin turbo blow-off valve. Just 29 of these cherished classics were built.

1991 Mazda #55 787B – One of the most beloved race cars of all time, the 787B holds the distinction as being Japan’s only winner of a 24 Hours of Le Mans race. Featuring a brash green and orange livery and an unmistakable screaming Wankel rotary engine, the 787B continues to inspire more than 20 years after its debut.

2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor — Say hello to your rear view mirror's worst nightmare. The Raptor is essentially a factory-built pre-runner race truck with suspension to match its under-the-hood muscle. Slide it, jump it, whatever you like — it just begs for more.

2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport – Even among hypercars, the Veyron Super Sport stands alone. After all, this is the car that currently holds the Guinness record for “World’s Fastest Car” at speeds approaching 270 mph.

Day One Car Pack – A three-car pack featuring special liveries and custom tuned cars. See below for details on the Day One Car Pack.

In addition, "Forza Motorsport 5" Limited Edition owners will receive a custom Steelbook™ case, a decal sheet featuring “Forza Motorsport 5”, “Xbox One”, and Audi window decals, and 1,250 car tokens (a $9.99 value) that will allow Limited Edition owners instant access to any car in the game. The "Forza Motorsport 5" Limited Edition will be available for an estimated retail price of $79.99 at launch and is now available for pre-order at participating retailers.
* The cars featured in the Limited Edition Car Pack and the Day One Edition Car Pack of Forza Motorsport 5 have been customized with unique Xbox One liveries and feature custom tunes designed by the developers at Turn 10 to improve performance above their stock counterparts. The stock versions of these cars will also be available on disc in Forza Motorsport 5.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/games-forza-le-sku

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
OP, better add this, maybe in bold, before there is confusion

* The cars featured in the Limited Edition Car Pack and the Day One Edition Car Pack of Forza Motorsport 5 have been customized with unique Xbox One liveries and feature custom tunes designed by the developers at Turn 10 to improve performance above their stock counterparts. The stock versions of these cars will also be available on disc in Forza Motorsport 5.

Dawg

I remember when LE's were something more than just renamed versions with "free" launch DLC.

At least the box is kinda cool.

m23

The box looks really nice. Pretty sad to see that not even a book is included this time. Oh well, I'll pre order.

op_ivy

and add this with a touch of rage

VIP Membership – "Forza Motorsport 5" VIPs enjoy exclusive benefits, including 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, an exclusive in-game player card badge, and in-game gifts from the "Forza" community team.** VIPs will also have access to the "Forza Motorsport 5" VIP Car Pack, featuring five amazing cars only available to VIP members, including:1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird, 1991 Mazda #55 787B, 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

bastards

Mobius 1

That's not very enticing...

And why the fuck to include an Audi sticker? I can put it on my Subaru car? Include Forza-related ones, maybe based on the track logos. Something useful.

G Rom

Meh. Forza 4 had an awesome art book by Top Gear, this is just standard stuff.

Awesome ? You mean the book which was just a transcript of Clarkson's Autovista dubbing for each Autovista cars and which had photos not matching some cars from the book/Autovista ?
FM2 and FM3 both had way better LE...
FM4, Horizon and FM5 LE should be called "VIP membership edition with a steelbook thrown in"

Tempted to go for it. My girlfriend loves any type of Shelby, and since she ain't getting an XB1 at launch I may as well allow her to play in her favorite cars.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, no Porsches, then. I has a super sad face, they better have the RUF CTR3 in the game and/or a Porsche DLC pack down the line.

G Rom

So, no Porsches, then. I has a super sad face, they better have the RUF CTR3 in the game and/or a Porsche DLC pack down the line.

RUF was far from being treated as a second-class manufacturer in FM4 with both CTR and CTR2 released as DLC. I wouldn't be surprised to see more RUF down the road.
I'll miss Porsche though, I hope they can sign a deal with the devil again to bring it back. 991 911 is just beautiful and we've yet to experience the RS 4.0, the 917, etc in Forza...

RetroStu

Banned
Exactly what I was wondering. For those of us going digital, they need to figure out a way to offer us some of these incentives.

They already have, just buy the god damn disk version. Honestly some of you 'digital' guys can be annoying at times.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
He says he wants some of these 'limited edition' features in the digital version and i'm saying just buy the disk version if he wants them. How exactly can you do a digital version of a limited edition game?

90% of the LE is digital, anyway. All that would be missing is a few stickers and a steel book case.

op_ivy

He says he wants some of these 'limited edition' features in the digital version and i'm saying just buy the disk version if he wants them. How exactly can you do a digital version of a limited edition game?

he wants the VIP stuff? the special limited cars (liveries and tunes)? some people, myself included, would rather have a digital version of the game and dont want to deal with discs. this mentions nothing about how that content may be accessible if you chose to go the digital route. clearly the special box and stickers wouldnt be included (who cares).

your solution? "buy the god damn disk version". now thats an annoying post to see.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
They already have, just buy the god damn disk version. Honestly some of you 'digital' guys can be annoying at times.

No. I don't want any physical items in the special editions because I want to go all digital. In the DRM days I could buy the physical discs and still not have to get up to put a disc in the drive because once installed I didn't need the discs. Since the DRM removal I have to have the physical discs available to play the games and I lose fast game switching so I'm forced to go all digital if I want the convenience of not using discs.

LEs should mostly include digital items as far as I'm concerned.

nib95

Banned
Really slick cover, but I expected something a bit more exotic on the front. What happened to the McLaren?

RetroStu

Banned
No. I don't want any physical items in the special editions because I want to go all digital. In the DRM days I could buy the physical discs and still not have to get up to put a disc in the drive because once installed I didn't need the discs. Since the DRM removal I have to have the physical discs available to play the games and I lose fast game switching so I'm forced to go all digital if I want the convenience of not using discs.

LEs should mostly include digital items as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah its so god damn hard to stand up and change a disk nevermind having to worry about where the hell you're going to put the said disk, its going to be damn hard when i think of it.

Don't worry, we are not too far away from this -

bishop3.jpg

You will be able to live your whole life from your chair then!.

Doodis

How about dialing back the douchebag factor a bit and realize that different people want different things out of their experience?

So I want to go digital with my library and still get in-game perks for being a fan of the game. There's no need to lambast others and insinuate that we're lazy assholes tied to our chairs if we want the digital version.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really care about Forze or the Xbox One, but it's exciting to see next gen become more real. It's almost here. :-D

Top Bottom