• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition $79.99

How about dialing back the douchebag factor a bit and realize that different people want different things out of their experience?

So I want to go digital with my library and still get in-game perks for being a fan of the game. There's no need to lambast others and insinuate that we're lazy assholes tied to our chairs if we want the digital version.

Seconded. RetroStu seems to enjoy insulting others.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Yeah its so god damn hard to stand up and change a disk nevermind having to worry about where the hell you're going to put the said disk, its going to be damn hard when i think of it.

Don't worry, we are not too far away from this -

bishop3.jpg

You will be able to live your whole life from your chair then!.

I grew up in a time when you had to get up to the change the channel on the TV as well, we got over that and invented remote controls. I don't hear people clamouring for those days.

I use my Blu-ray movie discs exactly once, to rip them onto my media computer. Then they go back in the case and I never have to touch them again. I have over 500 movies, it's MUCH more convenient to browse my collection from the couch with a remote control than it is to stand in front of my Blu-ray shelves and have to stand and crouch for 10 mins while we decide what we're going to watch.

So yeah, be a smartass but I'm over having to get up to change discs, get out of the dark ages, we can do it better now.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Boom!

I'll change my preorder.
Same here. Those car tokens sold me.
RUF was far from being treated as a second-class manufacturer in FM4 with both CTR and CTR2 released as DLC. I wouldn't be surprised to see more RUF down the road.
I'll miss Porsche though, I hope they can sign a deal with the devil again to bring it back. 991 911 is just beautiful and we've yet to experience the RS 4.0, the 917, etc in Forza...
I just want the 918 Spyder Hybrid, is that too much to ask?

Helios, care to comment?

HeliosT10

Same here. Those car tokens sold me.

I just want the 918 Spyder Hybrid, is that too much to ask?

Helios, care to comment?

Same situation as E3 which is at this time unfortunately Porsche will not be in the game. That's not to say they might not appear in the game in the future, but as of this moment, there is no Porsche in Forza Motorsport 5

Xanadu

Banned
Same situation as E3 which is at this time unfortunately Porsche will not be in the game. That's not to say they might not appear in the game in the future, but as of this moment, there is no Porsche in Forza Motorsport 5

theres no chance you keep doing this to get more money out of us is there? porsche pack should be FREE

theres no chance you keep doing this to get more money out of us is there? porsche pack should be FREE
It isn't about a pack... EA has the exclusive rights that porsche is fine with. Dan G said they tried, felt like it was bad for everyone, and gave up holding ferrari as an exclusive in hopes EA would see it the same way. No Porsche unless EA and turn 10 can work out another deal.

Xanadu

Banned
It isn't about a pack... EA has the exclusive rights that porsche is fine with. Dan G said they tried, felt like it was bad for everyone, and gave up holding ferrari as an exclusive in hopes EA would see it the same way. No Porsche unless EA and turn 10 can work out another deal.

but why did they charge for the porsche pack last time?

Artorias

Banned
Yeah its so god damn hard to stand up and change a disk nevermind having to worry about where the hell you're going to put the said disk, its going to be damn hard when i think of it.

Don't worry, we are not too far away from this -

bishop3.jpg

You will be able to live your whole life from your chair then!.

This is a truly bizarre meltdown in response to some very basic questions. The only physical part of the LE is a sticker, surely they could put this up for download if every game has a digital counterpart, no?

While I'm not sure if I'm going to get Forza or not yet, I am interested in the digital LE stuff you guys are asking about. I plan on going all-digital as well.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Please promise two things. One, that you guys will keep negotiating with EA in good faith for a Porsche sublicense, I need the 918 Spyder Hybrid in this game.

And two, that the RUF lineup will be more complete. Give me the CTR 3, 3600K and Rt 35th, and it'll be perfect.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm not usually a negative conspiracy theory kind of guy, but i wouldnt be at all surprised to see porsche once again be offered as DLC down the road. surely it costs MS to use the license from EA and people seemed happy enough to pay on top of the game's 60 bucks for that the last time around.

Xanadu

Banned
i'm not usually a negative conspiracy theory kind of guy, but i wouldnt be at all surprised to see porsche once again be offered as DLC down the road. surely it costs MS to use the license from EA and people seemed happy enough to pay on top of the game's 60 bucks for that the last time around.

wonder how much profit they make? i bet a lot

Top Bottom