• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Found a dead ant in my soup

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

I would much rather accidentally eat a tiny ant than eat organ meat for instance.

Organ meat is really good for you actually. Much more nutrient dense than muscle meat.

Predators instinctively go for the organs due to their higher nutritional density.

that soup looks really unappealing, ant is probably the best part about it

#dead
mpVUOIq.jpg

akira28

maybe was in one of the vegetables during harvest and just got caught in the soup. It's been boiled already, so at this point that ant is probably cleaner than most people's hands.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I haven't had it in over 30 years but I remember fried ants being delicious. How bad can this be OP. I would totally be grossed out if it was maggots or worms though.

way more

On my first day working alone as a garde manger/pantry cook, after training, at the dessert/salad station of a very nice restaurant I made my worst mistake in all of my cooking career. I served a salad with a grasshopper in it.

The sever who was alerted to this error burst into the kitchen and demanded to know what the fuck was going on. The chef asked what she was talking about and she showed him the cricket. At this point I recall backing into a corner and doing the human equivalent of putting your tail between your legs.

But the chef had been watching and he had heard how hard I worked so he defended me. I didn't even know his name at that point but the way I remember it is he stood between me and the angry server and told her that they buy the "organic", "non-pesticides", "fully natural" salads and that none of it was my/"his" fault.

The server left and I stood amazed I wasn't fired right there. As the chef passed by he slapped my shoulder and said, "Hey kid, look for crickets."

Radec

If you eat that ant OP, you are already dead.

With the upcoming ant man movie, the army of ants will now liberate themselves from the humans. Every ant colonies will form an alliance and the first thing they will do is to go inside of you while you are asleep and eat you up from the inside. You are already dead.

Curiocity

On my first day working alone as a garde manger/pantry cook, after training, at the dessert/salad station of a very nice restaurant I made my worst mistake in all of my cooking career. I served a salad with a grasshopper in it.

The sever who was alerted to this error burst into the kitchen and demanded to know what the fuck was going on. The chef asked what she was talking about and she showed him the cricket. At this point I recall backing into a corner and doing the human equivalent of putting your tail between your legs.

But the chef had been watching and he had heard how hard I worked so he defended me. I didn't even know his name at that point but the way I remember it is he stood between me and the angry server and told her that they buy the "organic", "non-pesticides", "fully natural" salads and that none of it was my/"his" fault.

The server left and I stood amazed I wasn't fired right there. As the chef passed by he slapped my shoulder and said, "Hey kid, look for crickets."

Wow.

Ive never had an incident like that.. *knock on wood that I dont*

But my dad had 2 incidents.
One time he was having tacos and found a dead moth in one of his tacos

The second, he would drink the caguamas(big beer bottles) and as he got almost done with it he found a dead mouse in it. Stopped drinking straight from the bottle after that.

EulaCapra

It beats having to eat breakfast only to notice you've just squirted syrup swimming with hundreds of ants onto your pancakes. And then see that the entire cupboard is infesting with ants and they've now climbed all over your body. :shudders:

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Could be worse, man. Could be worse.

http://i.imgur.com/oSrNmpF.gifv
Epic raid.

edit:

That's a really heartwarming story and besides crickets are almost 13g of protein. Dig in I say.

terrisus

You know what they say -

What's better than finding a dead ant in your soup?
Finding half a dead ant in your soup.

krzy123

Found a live tiny green caterpiller/larvae in a granola bar. Took a bite and there it was on the part I was holding. Pretty much freaked out. It was a nature's harvest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom