• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News reporter: Hillary Clinton left 9/11 ceremony with 'medical episode'

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Rick Leventhal, Fox News:
BREAKING: law enf source: Hillary Clinton just left 9/11 ceremony w/medical episode, appeared to faint on way into van, helped by security
Source tells me Hillary Clinton "clearly having some type of medical episode" & had to be helped into van by her protective detail at WTC
MORE ON #HILLARY per witness: "unexpected early departure"; she stumbled off curb, "knees buckled", lost a shoe as she was helped into van
https://twitter.com/rickleventhal/

Oh boy.

Latest update:
Statement from Clinton's doctor:

CsGj7GSWIAA2pDj.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A video has surfaced:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statement from the Clinton Campaign:

CsFOpPQXgAAw1da.jpg

Paz

Kinda expecting this to be either untrue or massively overblown, but don't you find it terrifying to be one serious illness for one person away from a Trump presidency? Crazy world.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Medical episode makes it sound like she had muscle spasms and started foaming at the mouth. Likely she just tripped.

Makonero

You say something stupid enough times and people begin to see smoke where there's no fire.

This is a full on campaign at this point. Disgusting.

Could be exhaustion. She needs to take a break for a bit. The worst thing that could happen right now is catching some kinda illness from over-working.

Zushin

I'm completely ignorant to the US political system, but what would happen if a candidate were to pull out due to health reasons?

I'm imagining the history books of some dark future, describing how President Trump only got elected because his opponent contracted pneumonia during the campaign.

Said history books will be carved into the walls of the caves where the last remnants of humanity wait out nuclear winter.

RPGCrazied

Proof? Even if true, and she wouldn't be able to serve, I'd rather Tim Kaine be president then Trump or fucking Pence.

Diablos

I see this being reported nowhere else, perhaps it's because it would be such a sensitive story and it would be improper to break it in the middle of a memorial service. Hopefully it's bullshit or an exaggeration of sorts.

I'm completely ignorant to the US political system, but what would happen if a candidate were to pull out due to health reasons?
This close to November? Probably chaos since it might be too late for another candidate to be registered on all the state ballots.

I hate to dignify the thread topic with a response, but the Democratic party would rush to nominate another person to head the ticket, which would involve getting top officials from each state to vote. States would probably have ballot issues due to the late nature of the change (particularly red states, because reasons).

The individual states have dates by which a hopeful candidate has to demonstrate enough support to get on the ballot. Those dates have all passed, I'm pretty sure.

So if HRC is actually seriously ill and can't finish the campaign, Trump will win by default.

I'm pretty sure the running mate (Tim Kaine, remember him?) automatically gets the ticket if Hillary were to die before the election. Hillary being incapacitated doesn't actually remove her from the ballot.

Zushin

The individual states have dates by which a hopeful candidate has to demonstrate enough support to get on the ballot. Those dates have all passed, I'm pretty sure.

So if HRC is actually seriously ill and can't finish the campaign, Trump will win by default.

Wow, that's fucked. Would of thought there would be some form of postponement, not just default to Trump :/

Edit: Not all would be lost according to other posters. Thanks for the info all

BriGuy

This. It's fucking fox news.
As much as I despise them, they tend to be pretty good about getting out "breaking news." I hope it's nothing, because love her or loathe her, this country can't survive a Trump presidency.

Nope, The democratic ticket would remain on the ballot. A vote for Hilary in this situation would just be a vote for Tim Kaine.

I'm pretty sure the running mate (Tim Kaine, remember him?) automatically gets the ticket if Hillary were to die before the election. Hillary being incapacitated doesn't actually remove her from the ballot.

I hope I'm wrong? I was thinking of all the talk with getting another GOP guy to run against Trump and all the problems with that scenario, but maybe it doesn't apply to a 'top two' party candidate.

No, he doesn't. Both parties have established policies for replacing a candidate that is no longer able (or chooses not) to run. I don't recall when or if those policies have ever been executed, but they are in place and it's not just a matter of elevating the VP candidate by default.

sazzy

I wouldn't be surprised if this one of those shitty 4chan/r/donald things they do where they spread fake news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom