• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News's Bill O’Reilly loses custody of children after alleged domestic violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
Schattenjäger;197179339 said:
Why is it a disgusting position?
He was never convicted of anything .. And I enjoy his show from time to time
If I was to boycott any entertainer that did something wrong, I don't think I'd have much to choose from
"Something wrong"? Bill is basically a criminal who hasn't gone to court yet (domestic violence, sexual harrassment).

There's a line between doing the wrong thing and doing a really bad thing.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
"Something wrong"? Bill is basically a criminal who hasn't gone to court yet (domestic violence, sexual harrassment).

There's a line between doing the wrong thing and doing a really bad thing.
Where are you getting your facts from? Calling him a criminal is a stretch

Schattenjäger;197179783 said:
Where are you getting your facts from? Calling him a criminal is a stretch

Uh... choking your wife and dragging her around by the neck is against the law last time I checked.

Afrodium

Banned
Schattenjäger;197179339 said:
Why is it a disgusting position?
He was never convicted of anything .. And I enjoy his show from time to time
If I was to boycott any entertainer that did something wrong, I don't think I'd have much to choose from

Your original post basically said that if he abuses his family in his free time then that's his business, the only thing that matters is that you still get to be entertained by his show. That's pretty disgusting dude.

Schattenjäger;197178601 said:
His personal life is his personal life
All that matters is that I can still watch his show

Not surprising in the least

Funny how this position only applies white straight conservatives because everyone else's personal life is fair game

Schattenjäger;197180005 said:
He's denied it

When people are in custody battles, things get said
If he got convicted, then that would be a different story

His 17-year-old daughter was the one who told the judges that she saw her father dragging her mother around by the neck...

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Your original post basically said that if he abuses his family in his free time then that's his business, the only thing that matters is that you still get to be entertained by his show. That's pretty disgusting dude.
You are putting words in my mouth

kess

Schattenjäger;197180005 said:
He's denied it

When people are in custody battles, things get said
If he got convicted, then that would be a different story

It's nice to know you respect the due process of law when Bill O'Reilly is involved.

Herbs

Banned
Schattenjäger;197180239 said:

nah, you just got caught in a disgusting position and were called out for it. watching you try and fail to squirm out of it is satisfying though. keep wiggling.

Hey, remember the name "Shawn Hornbeck"?

Remember that kid in Missouri that was thought to be dead for almost a decade and then someone busted his kidnapper with Shawn and Ben Ownsby.

Remember that fuckawful thing he said that Shawn Hornbeck enjoyed being molested and never fucking apologized for it, the motherfucker.

Ben is from same city that I live in right now.

I want Bill O'Reilly's life in shambles and reputation to be a dumpster fire. That would satisfy me.

ApharmdX

Banned
To be as wealthy as O'Reilly and to lose custody of your kids, he must have really crossed the line. Wow. Good that the court got those kids out of there.

His 17-year-old daughter was the one who told the judges that she saw her father dragging her mother around by the neck...
How vile does a person have to be to make you not only want to drag them around by the neck, but actually do it.

Also, how do you drag someone around by the neck? Did he grab her neck skin like a cat and start walking around the house?

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
nah, you just got caught in a disgusting position and were called out for it. watching you try and fail to squirm out of it is satisfying though. keep wiggling.
So the 3.2 million viewers of his show are all disgusting too? Or how about the people that go on his show like President Obama?

GorillaJu

Not surprising in the least

Funny how this position only applies white straight conservatives because everyone else's personal life is fair game

Horseshit. This place was raging, and rightfully so, when the same publication (Gawker) outed a married CEO for pursuing same sex relations with a male prostitute.

Schattenjäger;197180875 said:
So the 3.2 million viewers of his show are all disgusting too? Or how about the people that go on his show like President Obama?

Yes all of his viewers are vile shitbags of human beings with no sense of logic and rationality. Almost all his fucking guests are also vile shitbags of human beings. Don't bring Obama into this.

danm999

If true, really is the cherry on top of the shit sunday that has been years of O'Reilly lecturing the black community their problems stem from poor family values.

Herbs

Banned
Schattenjäger;197180875 said:

wiggle and wiggle some more.

If true, really is the cherry on top of the shit sunday that has been years of O'Reilly lecturing the black community their problems stem from poor family values.

Wasn't Bill one of the one that kept propping up Cosby as moral figure in the black community?

From one human shitpile to another shitpile. GG Bill.

Herbs

Banned
Schattenjäger;197181544 said:
Ok well I made some shitty points.. Quote me when you decide to engage in actual discussion considering this is a discussion board and all

wiggle.
ftfy

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
O'Reilly is obviously a piece of shit but fuck Gawker and their invasive reporting of private personal matters. Absolute scum.
Invasive reporting? The documents were public and the hearing(s) were public.

And a lot of people would contend that when you are in the public eye, influencing politics and people, people have a right to know when you a giant, gaping hypocrit.

GorillaJu

Invasive reporting? The documents were public and the hearing(s) were public.

And a lot of people would contend that when you are in the public eye, influencing politics and people, people have a right to know when you a giant, gaping hypocrit.

Were they? The article frames it as though they are leaked documents. If so then it's fair game.

On the second point I agree, when there's an actual conclusion to the case, not when it's still underway.

Blader

Schattenjäger;197180239 said:

What you said was, literally, "all that matters is that I can still watch his show." In a situation where he's being accused of assaulting his wife -- enough to make his daughters feel threatened to live under the same roof as him -- you feel that the most important takeaway is being able to watch his show guilt-free. That's "all that matters."

Nobody is putting words in your mouth, you put them there in the first place.

n70eNan9X5LJS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom