• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News's Bill O’Reilly loses custody of children after alleged domestic violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Schattenjäger;197180614 said:
You are basing this on a Gawker article of all things
Where is the police report?
Show me the police report and I will stop watching his show

Crimes don't happen unless they get reported to the police!

There are plenty of reasons why people, especially abused women, might not want to go the police. You just got your fucking report, direct testimony. Unless this news item is made up. All the squirming you're doing is the effect that happens when someone can't rectify their shitty views with reality, but holds onto those views at all costs because they've built an identity around them.

Feel free to come back to reality at any time. There's still hope.

donald-trump-bill-oreilly.jpg

"Hey, Bill. Guess who's taking your Fox News time slot if I lose this election?"

LiK

dude is an ass. i actually admired him for a while years ago. i fell down that O'Reiily shithole after 9/11 happened.

Herbs

Banned

There are plenty of reasons why people, especially abused women, might not want to go the police. You just got your fucking report, direct testimony. Unless this news item is made up. All the squirming you're doing is the effect that happens when someone can't rectify their shitty views with reality, but holds onto those views at all costs because they've built an identity around them.

It's funny too because his post history indicates a bias against Ray Lewis who was found innocent in a court of law and yet he declares him guilty. As long as it fits his disgusting narrative I guess it works for him.

Not like he has money to make a paper trail disappear

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Christine

Schattenjäger;197179339 said:
Why is it a disgusting position?
He was never convicted of anything .. And I enjoy his show from time to time

I'd imagine that your position was met with disgust because it is unarguably selfish. You've declared that the only material issue with respect to your consumption of your entertainment is whether or not you enjoy it.

If I was to boycott any entertainer that did something wrong, I don't think I'd have much to choose from

Your thinking is wrong. Even if you made it your mission to never watch anything anyone you ever disapproved of ever worked on, you could never experience all of the works you didn't exclude in your lifetime.

Schattenjäger;197180614 said:
You are basing this on a Gawker article of all things
Where is the police report?
Show me the police report and I will stop watching his show

I wonder if you bother to read the article or not. On the one hand, if you had you would know that the basis of the reporting was a court decision. On the same hand, you would also know that the basis of the reporting was a court decision rather than a police report. :/

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Schattenjäger;197179339 said:
If I was to boycott any entertainer that did something wrong, I don't think I'd have much to choose from

How about just entertainers who preach Bill's line of family values bullshit and are proven to be massive hypocrites in how they actually behave when the cameras are off? It's not a simple matter of "famous person does wrong thing," it's a matter of "famous person who built career on telling others how to think turns out to not be able to follow his own damn doctrine."

Ryaaan14

Banned
This dude's gonna have a meltdown eventually because u just know people are gonna harass the fuck outta him w this

Hard to come back from somethin like this

I don't get why all the white Irish leaders can't come out and lead their people to denounce this. But no, all they do is ignore the violent culture that only encourages white on white crime.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"Mr O’Reilly’s 17-year-old daughter told a court-appointed forensic examiner last year that she saw her father dragging her mother down a staircase by the neck."

HOLY. SHIT. I can't wait for the Smoking Gun documents on this case. That's gonna be hella juicy from the domestic abuse alone.

akira28

Schattenjäger;197178601 said:
His personal life is his personal life
All that matters is that I can still watch his show

someone has hacked his account and is now posting self-parody.

like me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Thats too bad. I always thought he was one of those guys who put on an act for tv but was nice in real life. Guess not.

Good for the kiddos.

Your thinking is wrong. Even if you made it your mission to never watch anything anyone you ever disapproved of ever worked on, you could never experience all of the works you didn't exclude in your lifetime.

In part because you'd spend as much time researching creators' histories as you would consuming their content.

"Mr O’Reilly’s 17-year-old daughter told a court-appointed forensic examiner last year that she saw her father dragging her mother down a staircase by the neck."

HOLY. SHIT. I can't wait for the Smoking Gun documents on this case. That's gonna be hella juicy from the domestic abuse alone.

...having sat through multiple criminal trials, hearing evidence being presented is never 'juicy'

Breads

Banned
Didn't need any more reasons to dislike that loud piece of shit.

I got them. But I didn't need them.

I feel sorry for his ex wife and kids for having to deal with him.

Schattenjäger;197178601 said:
His personal life is his personal life
All that matters is that I can still watch his show

Fuck that. His show is built around him being a moral crusader lambasting EVERYONE for their sins and missteps.
I dont want to hear the man speak on the "corrosive culture" of "broken" single parent homes ever again when he has this baggage on him.
I dont want to hear him speak about music and artists corrupting young minds when he's a domestic abuser.
I dont want to hear him talk about family values ever again when his own kids dont want to live with him.

cj_iwakura

On one hand, shocking news.

On the other, I'm glad they're away from that dick. I hope his show burns with his reputation, but we're not that lucky.

SeanC

His next book should be "Killing O'Reilly's Career" and just be an autobiography.

Sorry..."biography." Bill is too talented to write his books himself.

On one hand, shocking news.

On the other, I'm glad they're away from that dick. I hope his show burns with his reputation, but we're not that lucky.

His fans hate liberals/ Obama/ etc. more than they feel anything toward O'Reilly. Hard to imagine this having much of an impact.

wildfire

Banned
What a total "family values" fraud.

Great Christian family man right there.

He's a sterling example like the Palin family. Honestly it always surprises me when these domestic abuse cases come up. I don't get what's wrong with certain people that they have to get so physical with family. It's really fucked up.

Strike

Hypocritical, self righteous, pathetic excuse for human being. Him losing custody is probably the best thing to happen to those kids in a long time.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
On one hand, I'm happy that his kids are away from an abusive relationship. On the other, Gawker is slimey as hell for digging into this.

I'm not particularly a fan of O'Reilly, but Jon Stewart appeared to have a rapport with him. I also like during one of his interviews with Stewart where he called out the people who went far right for the money. I prefer him to Beck or Hannity, that's for sure.

I suppose now you all are going to show me examples where Jon Stewart is one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever exist in the entertainment industry and my world is going to fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom