• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free $5.99 PSN Credit Thread Of Why Not?! (Official Sony Promotion/NA region only)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DMPrince said:
movie credit. there's nothing to use $5.99 on anyways. Chrono Chross is more D:

Suikoden? Front Mission 3? Parasite Eve 1/2?

Or Biohazard 2/3?
Dino Crisis 1/2?

...?

I'm already signed up for the newsletter because of GAP (lol when was the last time they sent beta invites via GAP?), but I "signed up" on that promo anyway. I could the $5.99

Emitan

Gunloc said:
Hmmm, I don't think I spent $60 in October, though I'm not 100% sure. Did they e-mail you a code or was it just automatically refunded?
I'm pretty sure I spent $50 and got it. I kind of regret it though, could have used that money for Skyrim.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Thanks OP. Will save my credit for when sonic cd is released.

Edit: Damn, so many ps1 games at 5.99...including parasite eve!

Zoc

I just tried all my accounts (Canada, US, UK, Hong Kong, Japan) and the site accepted all of them. We'll see if I actually get codes for all those accounts, though. (If I do, I guess I'm the reason we can't have nice things)

Greyvvolf

Thanks for the heads up. I signed me and my girlfriend's accounts up for this, she needed 99 cents for a map pack for the longest time.

So far I've got $16 from Sony this month, didn't seem like I spent enough to get the extra $10 back. I think I'll use this toward that new PSP Mini "Where is my Heart?", heard good things about it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You could also pick up the Sega Vintage Classics (they have trophies). If you're not bothered that they're Backbone ports, you should pick up Sonic 2 or Gunstar Heroes.

Anteater

Thanks. Hope this works! Not sure if I have anything to buy for 6bucks though, I hope there are map packs available for that much.

jiggles

Banned
Thanks for the heads up.

And thanks for the Qriocity account management link. I can finally change my email to one that actually still exists.

Grinchy

Banned
This is awesome. Now the hardest part is picking what to buy. I have wanted Shooter 2 for a long time but Vagrant Story and some other less expensive titles are calling my name.

ugh...just realized I forgot to thank you, OP. I knew about this credit, but I thought it was only for movies. Will be getting Alundra with it since I'm a huge Zelda fan.

DonMigs85

It looked like my Aussie and German accounts went through. Let's see if I also get codes for them. That's 4 total for me

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If someone feels like giving their code to another gaffer. I'll glady take the code. I'll be running short afterall (Im broke and I really want god hand damnit)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yes the "Movie Credit" isn't just for movies

GAFfer here gave me code for $2.99 for movie by wining the subway uncharted 3 content, I purchased a game, it took off $2.99 from it

Unless Sony updated it, you will be getting $6 to use for the entire store

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GraveRobberX said:
Yes the "Movie Credit" isn't just for movies

GAFfer here gave me code for $2.99 for movie by wining the subway uncharted 3 content, I purchased a game, it took off $2.99 from it

Unless Sony updated it, you will be getting $6 to use for the entire store

It is $6 for the entire store

interesting. can anyone tell me what i'd actually be signing up for? $6 is nice, but i'm a little bit cautious and don't want to be spammed by emails every day. anyone know the frequency of the emails, or if i am able to unsubscribe aftewards?

_Isaac

ihearthawthats said:
interesting. can anyone tell me what i'd actually be signing up for? $6 is nice, but i'm a little bit cautious and don't want to be spammed by emails every day. anyone know the frequency of the emails, or if i am able to unsubscribe aftewards?

You should get a spam e-mail specifically for signing up for stuff like this. :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
By the way, will it be emailed to me or will I receive a PSN message?

Nizz

Am I missing something? I went to that page and it says you get a $5.99 credit for a movie. I thought it was for anything in the store?

*edit-nevermind, just read a couple of posts up.

Top Bottom