• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free $5.99 PSN Credit Thread Of Why Not?! (Official Sony Promotion/NA region only)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for letting us know about this deal. Out of these four, which should I get? I'm up for other recommendations too.

Alundra
Front Mission 3
Legend of Mana
Threads of Fate

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'd say Legend of Mana. Beautiful visuals, beautiful soundtrack, lots of interesting and varied characters and stories... it's a bit of an odd one though. I hated it at first but it grew into one of my favorite games. I like that it has elements of being non-linear and yet still has structure.

Got Silent Hill! To play tonight, or not to play... :x

vall03

just got my code, then when I redeemed it I realized I only had $9.61, going to pass on buying anything first, will wait since Im in no rush to get any game on PSN now...

sakipon said:
Don't promonational codes often have expiry dates, though?
1/31/2012 code expires, but you can redeem it and wait for something that interest you. Then again, code sometimes don't expire after the date like those kz3/gt5/infamous2 codes.

Boogiepop

Just to clarify, you just follow the instructions in the email the way they tell you to, right? I won't accidentally add credit to a video account or anything if I follow their instructions on where to put the code, correct?
Anyway, thanks for the tip, definitely grabbing myself some PS1 goodness.

Mank said:
Just to clarify, you just follow the instructions in the email the way they tell you to, right? I won't accidentally add credit to a video account or anything if I follow their instructions on where to put the code, correct?
Anyway, thanks for the tip, definitely grabbing myself some PS1 goodness.
Redeem the code on psn. It'll add $5.99 to your wallet.

MooMoo

Sweet, thanks OP for the thread :D While there are definitely a lot of great $5.99 games, I think I'll nab Tactics Ogre for $14.00.

GeoramA

Got both my codes, sweet. Wish I kept the info for all the US accounts I've made. I'd have about $60 in my wallet...oh well.

Thanks again, Cruzader.

Card Boy

Banned
Took the plunge a got Supercars V8 Racing. Its got a 68% score but the reviews i read mostly mention the generic music and lack of modes. But praised the gameplay as being the games strong points.

For 5bucks i cant say no. Had an extra dollar for a second copy of Elemental Monster TCG (which was 99cents).

Cruzader

Banned
GeoramA said:
Got both my codes, sweet. Wish I kept the info for all the US accounts I've made. I'd have about $60 in my wallet...oh well.

Thanks again, Cruzader.
Np!

Got a dummy account but don't remember my gmail pass...x_x lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Square Triangle said:
Whoa, this is an awesome idea. At only 5 bucks, I'm sold.

You can't go online, thus get platinum with that $5 though. >_>

Also got my credit. w00t. Suikoden will be mine.

Ichor said:
Trying to decide which PSX JRPG to buy with mine. So many choices.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. On one hand I could go with something safe that I've played before, like Alundra (awesome). Or I could get something I haven't played before like Legend of Mana. Ah who am I kidding, my backlog is so big it doesn't really matter what I buy, I'll play it once and never touch it again.

simtmb

Signed up, is there supposed to be a confirmation email?

Anyways, if i get it. Legend of Mana will be my download, and i recommend that to others considering it/JRPGs.

Coxy

since I already have suikoden, alundra and grandia, I'll put this towards vanguard bandits :D
those 3 games are amazing value though and anyone who doesnt have them should take this chance to at least get one of them

simtmb said:
Signed up, is there supposed to be a confirmation email?

Anyways, if i get it. Legend of Mana will be my download, and i recommend that to others considering it/JRPGs.
There's no confirmation e-mail. I signed up yesterday and got two of my codes. Still waiting on one more.

My sister didn't get hers and she signed up an hour later than I did.

DonMigs85

Me and my friends signed up around 12AM EST yesterday and we all got our codes a couple hours ago.
Darn I wish I had made 10 US accounts before lol. I could've bought a year of PS+ or Crysis and a couple other games.

androvsky

Busaiku said:
Darn it, I still haven't gotten my code.
Me neither, and I signed up well before this thread was started. :( I started second-guessing myself and tried signing up again, and strangely it didn't give me an error. Maybe I did mess something up the first time (was having issues with the sign-in and my phone browser).

DonMigs85

If I were to change the email associated with the account AFTER registering for this, I wonder if it would route the code there or to the previous email?

Tizoc

Just got the amount and put it in my account X3
Now I'll try to get in touch with my brother and ask him to give me the code so I can have around 20 dollars in my account >=D
Stuff I plan on getting include: Rayman 1 and MK Kollection.
In fact, seeing as X-Mas gets a big sale going on then I'll prob. wait until then and do my purchasing.

Top Bottom