• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free $5.99 PSN Credit Thread Of Why Not?! (Official Sony Promotion/NA region only)

sazabirules said:
Thanks for letting us know about this deal. Out of these four, which should I get? I'm up for other recommendations too.

Alundra
Front Mission 3
Legend of Mana
Threads of Fate
legend of mana!

I got my code. Now can someone help me make a decision:

Resident Evil 2 or Paradise Eve?

EDIT I went with RE2, if I get credit from my main account as well then I'll get PE.

Omega

Banned
For once, having a million accounts pays off. (Well not once, I also put them to use during those Xbox Live MSP "giveaways")

I have 8 or 9 e-mails of my own and my friend who barely uses his PS3 is letting me get the credit from his two names.

With at least $60, I don't even know what to get. Any suggestions?

USF

Rob N Banks said:
For once, having a million accounts pays off. (Well not once, I also put them to use during those Xbox Live MSP "giveaways")

I have 8 or 9 e-mails of my own and my friend who barely uses his PS3 is letting me get the credit from his two names.

You can't combine them can you?

sakipon

Foxix said:
Still waiting for my codes =/
I'm also still waiting for my code. I can't remember the exact moment I sent it in, but it has been over 20 hours atleast. Oh well, I hope it appears soon.

Doomshine

Got my code, what US only stuff is worth getting for 5,99$?

I'm on a PAL SDTV though, does that mean I can't play US ps1 classics?

DGRE

Banned
Rob N Banks said:

This is a bit dishonest...

Rob N Banks said:

Maybe you could get some kind of conscience for that amount of money, I dunno.

You being so greedy means that 8 Gaffers that requested a code now won't get one. WHAT A GUY.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Rob N Banks said:

Rob N Banks

DarkFlow

Banned
Rob N Banks said:

If I don't get one, I'm coming after you.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Did mine yesterday afternoon and haven't gotten a code yet, guess it was too late since people like Rob N Banks got a bunch of them.

Aru

So it works with other PSN accounts other than US/CA ones ?
I tried with my EU and HK accounts. I'll see tomorrow if it works or not.
If it doesn't, it's okay. I already got a code with my US account :)

Rob N Banks said:

And the accounts are all american?

Cruzader

Banned
Aru said:
So it works with other PSN accounts other than US/CA ones ?
I tried with my EU and HK accounts. I'll see tomorrow if it works or not.
If it doesn't, it's okay. I already got a code with my US account :)
I think a few users said no. But I'd wait 3 days and see for sure.

I wonder how many dummy accounts Wario64 has and how much he is gonna make. O.O He should be nice and hook me up with an extra code, haha!

signed up, thanks OP. anxiously awaiting the code, I'll probably use it on towards InFamous 2 vampire dlc... once I get InFamous 2, that is

Doomrider

Gryphter said:
signed up, thanks OP. anxiously awaiting the code, I'll probably use it on towards InFamous 2 vampire dlc... once I get InFamous 2, that is
It's a standalone expansion, so you don't need to wait until you get Infamous 2. I heard there are no spoilers for the main game either, so... Go for it!

Cruzader

Banned
Gryphter said:
You don't need Infamous 2 to play the PSN game. Its a stand alone release, though it may contain spoilers.

jcm

Rob N Banks said:

Greedy people suck.

Ovid

gdt5016 said:
Awesome. Gonna buy a $20 PSN card with a kmart coupon, and put that with this to get the UC3 dlc pass.
Doesn't come out to paying more (tax) when you buy those cards in a store?

Requeim

God i don't know what to pick. Rayman would be my obvious go-to choice here, but i haven't played any PS1 rpgs at all. Maybe Vagrant Story?.

Radec

Redeemed mine.

Rob N Banks said:

this is why we can't have nice shit.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Rob N Banks said:

Share the codes with GAF, or suffer the consequences of your greed.

Dambrosi

Banned
Fuck me sideways, inputting my UK PSN account name and password worked!

I've got eight accounts! brb, scamming Sony for free money.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
tarius1210 said:
Doesn't come out to paying more (tax) when you buy those cards in a store?

Er-no? States like Florida have no sales tax on the cards because there is no sales tax for digital purchases. You're giving $20 in cash to the store to pay $20 in digital currency to Sony.

Cruzader

Banned
Dambrosi said:

Nvm, thought you got credit off that account. FYI, you can input any region account deatils but doesn't mean you'll get credit.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Dambrosi said:

I've got eight accounts! brb, scamming Sony for free money.
Probably won't get anything, seems like they've been out of codes for a while now.

Dambrosi

Banned
DarkFlow83 said:
Don't do that dude, don't be greedy.
Why not? Not my fault Sony are stupid enough to give away PSN store credit for mere newsletter signups. They reap what they sow.

BTW, it was six accounts. Still more than enough. I'll see in a couple days if they bear fruit.

Top Bottom