• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free $5.99 PSN Credit Thread Of Why Not?! (Official Sony Promotion/NA region only)

yencid

Dambrosi said:
Why not? Not my fault Sony are stupid enough to give away PSN store credit for mere newsletter signups. They reap what they sow.

BTW, it was six accounts. Still more than enough. I'll see in a couple days if they bear fruit.
nice enough, not stupid enough.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Anything special about the PSN version of Chrono Trigger? Is it the best version? Is the Wii one better?

MrOogieBoogie said:
Anything special about the PSN version of Chrono Trigger? Is it the best version? Is the Wii one better?

If the Wii version is the SNES one then the PSN version has the anime cutscenes.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
yencid said:
nice enough, not stupid enough.
Nice enough to offer the codes, stupid enough to do it in a manner that could easily be abused. They could have at the very least put an IP check on there and limited it to one voucher activation per PS3.

Wii version is better for sure, the cutscenes in the PS1 version aren't worth the loading times it adds all over the place. If you really want to see the cutscenes they are all on youtube anyway.

blitzcloud said:
which checkbox? Both my US acc and EU acc display the very same?

I get 2 check boxes with my US account and only 1 with my EU account.

Also I signed with both at the same time and only got 1 code.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Okay, just picked up Silent Hill. Been meaning to play this one for a while.

Aru

Metalmurphy said:
I get 2 check boxes with my US account and only 1 with my EU account.

Also I signed with both at the same time and only got 1 code.

Got 2 checkboxes with my 3 accounts.
I don't know what happened with your page :/

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got my code. I'll save it for Sonic CD (and FFV).

Dambrosi

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Using non US accounts works but there's a checkbox missing when you sign up and you don't get the code.
Whuh? I always got two boxes with my accounts. You don't need to check the second box, btw.

Omega

Banned
I haven't redeemed any codes yet so if you guys don't get any I'll share some.

Making me feel bad and stuff :(

I decided to use it to rent Captain America from Sony's store last night, only to find out that instead of streaming rentals like EVERY OTHER COMPANY does these days, Sony makes you download these huge fucking 5 gig files from their slow ass PSN store servers. Pretty sure it barely finished d/l'ing this morning.

LifEndz

Ninja Scooter said:
I decided to use it to rent Captain America from Sony's store last night, only to find out that instead of streaming rentals like EVERY OTHER COMPANY does these days, Sony makes you download these huge fucking 5 gig files from their slow ass PSN store servers. Pretty sure it barely finished d/l'ing this morning.

That does suck, but free is free. Think I'll rent Thor. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks OP.

Ninja Scooter said:

I really don't understand why they do this. I'd have little problem using their services but they are so ass backwards. It's so inconvenient.

When it's actually easier to use a competitor's service ON YOUR OWN DAMN HARDWARE there is a big problem.

Takao

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:

You can stream video while you download, but I'm unsure how ...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
When did you guys sign up and when did you get your codes?

I signed up around noon yesterday, 24 hours down, so 48 hours to go

Nothing so far

Thanks for the heads up or else I would have never known about it. Got PixelJunk Sidescroller with the two codes I got. Pretty awsome game. I usualky get PJ games at launch but money was really short when it launched and I kinda forgot about it. But now I've got it and I'm gonna have some fun :)

Takao said:
You can stream video while you download, but I'm unsure how ...

It gives you the option right above "Download in the background", but if you do, it immediately starts your 24 hour rental period and considering how shitty and slow the server was going (it hit 10% at about the 2 hour mark) I wasn't going to take that chance.

GraveRobberX said:
When did you guys sign up and when did you get your codes?

I signed up around noon yesterday, 24 hours down, so 48 hours to go

Nothing so far
It took less than 24 hours to get mine. Maybe they ran out of codes but the promotion is supposed to last for a while so they might be able to generate some more or something.

Cruzader

Banned
electroshockwave said:
It took less than 24 hours to get mine. Maybe they ran out of codes but the promotion is supposed to last for a while so they might be able to generate some more or something.
They are limited so maybe they did run out or the service is taking a hit and maybe the emails are sent out in waves?

This has been spread on major sites like SD. SD tends to kill these promos so I don't really know if they are out or just taking some time to send all the emails.

Is there a way to do this and redeem the voucher without connecting my PS3 to PSN (CFW)? Would be nice if I could somehow add the money to my PSN wallet and use it on Vita.

Just signed up. The notice I got was that it may take up to 72 hours to get my code.

Can we go right back and disable e-mails after we sign up for this? Or should we wait until getting the code to turn them off?

Celcius

°Temp. member
AnEternalEnigma said:
Just signed up. The notice I got was that it may take up to 72 hours to get my code.

Can we go right back and disable e-mails after we sign up for this? Or should we wait until getting the code to turn them off?
Just to be on the safe side I'm waiting until I redeem my code.

Top Bottom