• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FREE copy of Marvin's Mittens for all GAF members! Believe...in magic!

Sat down tonight to play Secret World or Xcom or Dishonored, all of which I just got...instead played this....after 4 hours got everything besides 7 snowflakes.

The game was fantastic. Ended up being the true sequel to Crackdown of all things.....gotta get those orbs to jump higher! Platforming for the joy and peace of it.

Thanks very much for the game and please keep us informed about future projects like this one. I upvoted it on greenlight!

Amazing feedback! Smiled immediately after seeing this. Crackdown was actually one of the major inspirations for the flakes mechanic :)

There were a bunch of "secret" areas off the beaten path that I didn't want to show in screenshots or videos that I'm glad you guys get to experience first-hand.

Wok

Don't worry, I got it! We're just deciding what, if anything, can be done about the mysterious random crash just yet.

Cool. Maybe if you could make the game generate a crash dump. The game breaks just after the "breakfall" logo appears.

kfS3N.png

Dambrosi

Banned
I just had a quick go of this (installing Desura was quick and painless), and I have to say that Marvin's Mittens is a sweet little morsel of wintery joy, so it is. Thanks so much for the seasonal giveaway.

And the Crackdown comparison The Illiterati made is spot on, but may I also say that jumping from tree to tree, traversing caverns and the predominance of sloping/uneven platforms reminded me a lot of Muramasa: The Demon Blade?

Jason this is a really good game. I let my son play it and he loves it. Especially since there's no added pressure of winning/losing. It's refreshing. In his words: "It's fun to play a game where you just play".

Edit - he's 8. I'll have my daughter give it a spin next. She's 14. I'd like to get that female/teen perspective as well. I'll update this thread with her review as well.

mac support?

At this point in time, just Windows!

I just had a quick go of this (installing Desura was quick and painless), and I have to say that Marvin's Mittens is a sweet little morsel of wintery joy, so it is. Thanks so much for the seasonal giveaway.

And the Crackdown comparison The Illiterati made is spot on, but may I also say that jumping from tree to tree, traversing caverns and the predominance of sloping/uneven platforms reminded me a lot of Muramasa: The Demon Blade?

I haven't actually had a chance to play Muramasa just yet, but I'll have to make time to play this :) So glad you loved it!

Jason this is a really good game. I let my son play it and he loves it. Especially since there's no added pressure of winning/losing. It's refreshing. In his words: "It's fun to play a game where you just play".

Edit - he's 8. I'll have my daughter give it a spin next. She's 14. I'd like to get that female/teen perspective as well. I'll update this thread with her review as well.

Haha, for some reason the little ones seem to have the best way of describing things. Definitely going to pass all of this on to the rest of the team. They'll be delighted to know people of all ages are getting into the spirit of this thing :)

ReyBrujo

Graduated gamer only playing occasionally, but wanted to post anyways to thank you for doing this. Shared it with others who might be interested in it.

Thank you so much for the key. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but I definitely will today. I also voted for it on greenlight as well. Hopefully it makes it into the next batch of greenlight games. Thanks again.

Top Bottom