• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free copy of Xenoblade Chronicles to one fellow neoGAFer [Up: Where is the prize?!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
link?
C7r8Mrb.gif

photobucket.com/user/gamergonecrazy/library

You fail to miss the point on why this Community grows every day. Trust is a thin line, yet, you spend a lot of time to build it. You clearly do not care about being banned or not. That's your first mistake because you do not understand what it means to be a Member in here. All this attention with a thread, raffles, choosing a winner, the fact you ignored a PM from another GAFfer and why? Because you were annoyed? You expressed concern when you talked about your family, it's our (moral) "job" as fellow members to help each others in every way we can, yet, you see a message and you don't care? You should. You are either part of the Community or you are not. There's no middle in here, you may not care about him, but at least show him some respect and give him a quick short answer.

If you want to give away something, you just give. Simple. Do you have any idea how much I've given just by helping others in here, with some positive words? I've also sent many, many gifts like games on Steam, using PM's and nobody -aside from the winner- never knew. You know what? Because that's kindness. Pure and simple. You don't need for people to see your kind acts for you to be kind. You either are something or not.

Instead people have lost the trust of another member. And for what, what good did come from this? Nothing. Hate generates hate, the way you replied to a fellow Mod? Lack of respect. Simple. The way you say you don't owe anything to anyone? Wrong. You owe at least some respect to every single people in here because it is expected that they respect you too.

You brought shame to this Community not for delivering a game to the winner, but, for the way you acted, replied and answered to many members in here, people like duckrol and many others who work every day to make this a good place to be and to talk about what you love to talk.
This should be in the FAQ somewhere, archived forever.

duckroll

So the winner was not in the US but in the OP, it clearly said US only. So the OP screwed up in selecting a non-US gaffer, didn't want to pay the international shipping(his excuse?), and thus caused this whole thing?

That doesn't even make any sense because a sensible person would have said "sorry I can't ship internationally. :(" and picked another winner instead.

Either way, I think this is behind us. He didn't seem to value being a part of the community, and if his interest was only in the act of giving stuff away instead of interacting with NeoGAF as a community in a meaningful way,we won't miss him.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I can honestly say this was better than a Ripper Street episode

props to all the fellas who have made nice gestures, makes me feel all warm inside. You're gentlemen and deserve a hug

CodytheHero

Neo Member
This was the most interesting thread I've ever been in.
Hope you get your copy of Xenoblade dash. I'm hunting for it too.
It was so cool to see other gaffers going out of the way to help him. That is the kind of community I want to be apart of, and part of the reason I joined Gaf.

That doesn't even make any sense because a sensible person would have said "sorry I can't ship internationally. :(" and picked another winner instead.

Either way, I think this is behind us. He didn't seem to value being a part of the community, and if his interest was only in the glory of the act of giving stuff away instead of interacting with NeoGAF as a community in a meaningful way,we won't miss him.

Fixed, for how I viewed it.

Either way, I think this is behind us. He didn't seem to value being a part of the community, and if his interest was only in the act of giving stuff away instead of interacting with NeoGAF as a community in a meaningful way,we won't miss him.

Yeah, is not worth the time trying to understand his reasonings. He didn't send Dash the game. End of the story

Well, yeah, that's my point.

Oh well, this got resolved.

emb

Am I too late to summarize? It's probably a little out of order, and definitely missing some stuff (for instance the Fortune Street thing, the Wii U contest's tangential involvement, maybe some duckroll comments). But it should be an ok starting point if anyone wants to do it right.

(Late March)
Marcos offers Xenoblade giveaway
Inspired to make a post about my giveaway thanks to Amir0x. I had made a posting in the "Free to a Good Home" thread but it hasn't gotten many views and I want as much exposure for this giveaway as possible. I'm copy and pasting the rules from the other thread:

I'm giving away an opened, "like new" copy of the game. I thought it was greedy of me to keep two copies just for the sake of doing so and now I'm giving away the extra. I know a lot of people on GAF really have wanted to but have not had the chance to obtain/play this game. I want it to go to someone who actually is an avid fan of the game/series and I'll determine that to the best of my ability.

xenoblade_zps057cf8cd.png

Rules for applying next Monday are as follows:

1) Be able to explain why you deserve the software through one picture. It has to be a picture that you've taken yourself and it can be of anything that speaks to your love of Xenoblade Chronicles, the series at large, or jrpg's in general. Show me in one picture why you deserve it.

Alternatively you can write me a short paragraph explaining the same thing, no word limit.

2) Applicants can be from ANY Country. (Changed from U.S. only but bear in mind this is an NTSC copy)

3) You cannot already own a copy of the game.

Next Sunday, March 31st, at 10:00pm eastern time the contest ends. No cut off on applicants. I wanted to save myself time but hey this SHOULD be a community event. Thanks for the recommend Dwayne. Post your submission in this thread starting now! Winner will still be revealed April 2nd.

Good luck to everyone and anyone. Also, this is the most updated sheet of rules for the giveaway so disregard my post in the other thread as well.

Dash's entry
Well, if it's for people who have the biggest Xeno collection around then I'm out, although you'd think those guys would've played/owned the game already then.
What can I say, I remember following the trailer for Xenoblade, my interest was raised ten folds when the game was still called Monado in the US and showed at E3, that EPIC cover, the waiting without ever spoiling myself from surprises going on media black-out.. then the excitement when the game was finally out.
Unfortunately for reasons that I've only briefly touched on GAF before, I had my iPad gone, most of my consoles gone and yes, many of my games. Bye bye Xenoblade, I hardly knew ya. It would be awesome to get the chance to finally pick up again from where I left. I think this is going to be something special the day I play it... One of those cases where the word "game" is nothing short of reductive, and to define them as an "experience" seems way more apt to me. Well, that kind of special occasion, where art meets story, where gameplay meets excitement, when a game can break the barriers of categorization and genre to give its players something truly special... well to me that'd probably be Xenoblade. Damn, now I'm super hyped for this game again, why did you ths to us you monster! :p

edit: contest has ended, good luck to everyone, just hope it won't go to someone who'll just end up selling this piece of art... of course they can do whatever they want with it since now it is their after all. but man it seems such a waste and you're going to regret it! Don't do it lucky gaffer! ;)

(Early April)
Marcos declares a winner
The game goes to Dash Kappi! Congratulations. You have 24 hours to claim your prize and if you do not in that time frame it will go to my second choice.

Dash is happy.
HOLY. MOTHER. OF. GOD!

...I ...I don't know what to say man! o_O
I'm so, so freakin' happy! I've never won anything and as I'm the one who actually organize the iOS GAF Challenges I've always excluded myself from being eligible for the prizes. I really can't wait to finally be able to play this game, this time it's gonna be even better than what I had since from what I've read the US version plays more smoothly at 30fps instead of 25 like the PAL version does. Whoa. Still can't believe I've won, so rad and so generous of you man! :))))

I hope the other gaffers will not hate me for this :)
Anyway, I've sent you a pm.

tumblr_m2zwm0tkMK1qh59n0o1_500_large.png

(December 27)
Dash mentions that he never received the game
Sorry for the necrobump, but you know what, I was just reading this thread:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=94918708#post94918708
and I thought that maybe it was time to let you guys know that this "contest" was a sham.
DasMarcos is just a sad attention whore who never had any intention of giving away the game.

Dash gets offered a bunch of Xenoblade. :)
It's actually five now. Five awesome gaffers offered me a copy of the game, it's unbelievable! But yes, at this point it almost seems rude to keep saying no.
Let's see how this whole thing pans out first, tho. I'm not going to deny that IF possible I'd love to play the game in what seems to be its best form (I've read that the NTSC copy runs much better than the PAL copy) and it was one more reason I was so happy to have won this "contest" (read my posts about it itt, lol) but of course whatever comes my way will be super appreciated so don't read it as me being picky, I'm just saying what I've read here on GAF.
As I've said to one of the generous members via PM, don't you guys think for a moment you can't back out of your offer, again it was me who kept saying no to everyone, so changing your mind would be totally understandable; it was an offer I had refused and not a giveaway after all. Also, afaik you could bank some good money if you sell the game and by all means I still think you should do that or maybe do another giveaway or pass it to a real friend or something. *If* when the dust settles you still feel like sending one my way, we can talk about it.

I'm honestly blown away and I truly thank all of you guys from the bottom of my heart

....without actually shipping any of them in the end XD

Didn't you get the memo, my plan worked so good I'm actually getting FIVE copies to flip :p
#getrichordietryin

DasMarcos responds
Well this is awkward.

I never thought I'd see someone on the internet bad mouth me for doing something fun and kind! I sent out the game long ago. I had told Dash Kapei that my grandfather had recently passed away so sending the game was going to take me some extra time. I eventually did send it off via USPS priority (I send all of my things via priority mail).

I give/have given away a lot of things on NeoGaf. I've given over 1000 coins worth of merchandise from my Club Nintendo account and a download code for a game. I also just gave away a Majora's Mask CD disk that I'm shipping out tomorrow.

So again. I don't know why someone would try to abuse my charity and I'm much more confused/perplexed at this point then angry.

Dash plans to publish the PMs
ROTFL

You're digging your own grave here, you better stop it.
Don't try to pull this shit with me son.

Wanna publish the PMs?

Marcos oks it, deleted his copies of the PMs.
Go ahead and publish the PM's. I deleted our exchange so I'd like to see them too.

Marcos claims to have sent it, tracked it, not kept tracking info.
I sent it 8-9 months ago via priority (automatically has tracking) and it said it arrived 8-9 months ago so I just continued on with my life.

He never gives recipients tracking numbers.
I've given away a lot of things and 9/10 I never forward a tracking number to the receiver.

Offers to buy somebody else Xenoblade.
I should buy someone else Xenoblade Chronicles while Dash posts his evidence? Any takers? Will ship directly from Ebay.

Dash eventually gets them up.
I'm on my iPad mini guys, be patient :p
I've also noticed there personal info I need to crop

sPvZ1RQ.jpg

sBIDFrE.jpg

I2j0Qnh.jpg

j8gXleV.jpg

2U4VfMk.jpg

zkKkz0E.jpg

Why bother reading PMs or communicating?
Yes I sent the game without notification and again I do this countless times, or have done it countless times this way.
I just didn't feel the need to even read his PM's even I had sent the package. I was a bit annoyed by his messages so I felt sending it was enough since eventually he'd get the game and that'd be that'd.

He sends a copy to someone else.
Untitled_zpsc5a9f8b6.png

Sent to American Gafer. At this point I don't care what happens to me or my account. I'm just glad someone will be able to enjoy the game. I apologize to Dash for not taking all the necessary steps of communication and I own up to my ineptitude but I still stand behind the fact that I did send the game and I again apologize.

And they confirm. Plan to send it to Dash.
Ya the screenshot is my address.

Like i said, if i get it ill send it to the original winner.... With a tracking number :p

Dash politely declines.
That's awesome of you and a classy, kind gesture... which is more than enough for me.
Keep the game, if you ever get it, it doesn't belong to me after all. Thanks! :)

Marcos asserts his apathy and good intentions
Duckroll with all respect I don't give any care to what you care about, or anyone else for that matter. I wanted to gift Xenoblade to someone on Gaf and eventually I did. Was it sloppy, inept, and questionable? Yes. Could I have done a much better job to cover myself? Yes. And yet again all I care about is that someone will be able to enjoy the game. I don't care about my account, about any accusations, or anything else.

He gets banned.
Fair enough.

And it happens before he can send Milennia the tracking number.
If he actually comes through and sends me the copy, I'm sending it to Dash, already PMd him.

He got banned before giving me the tracking number though.

The_Monk's thoughts.
You fail to miss the point on why this Community grows every day. Trust is a thin line, yet, you spend a lot of time to build it. You clearly do not care about being banned or not. That's your first mistake because you do not understand what it means to be a Member in here. All this attention with a thread, raffles, choosing a winner, the fact you ignored a PM from another GAFfer and why? Because you were annoyed? You expressed concern when you talked about your family, it's our (moral) "job" as fellow members to help each others in every way we can, yet, you see a message and you don't care? You should. You are either part of the Community or you are not. There's no middle in here, you may not care about him, but at least show him some respect and give him a quick short answer.

If you want to give away something, you just give. Simple. Do you have any idea how much I've given just by helping others in here, with some positive words? I've also sent many, many gifts like games on Steam, using PM's and nobody -aside from the winner- never knew. You know what? Because that's kindness. Pure and simple. You don't need for people to see your kind acts for you to be kind. You either are something or not.

Instead people have lost the trust of another member. And for what, what good did come from this? Nothing. Hate generates hate, the way you replied to a fellow Mod? Lack of respect. Simple. The way you say you don't owe anything to anyone? Wrong. You owe at least some respect to every single people in here because it is expected that they respect you too.

You brought shame to this Community not for delivering a game to the winner, but, for the way you acted, replied and answered to many members in here, people like duckrol and many others who work every day to make this a good place to be and to talk about what you love to talk.

Another generous offer
I'll send Dash a copy of Xenoblade. PM me the address. NTSC version?

I don't know much about the game being offered? But is it a rare find? I spotted in my local ebgames and other ones, I heard about it being a good game, but it is a rare find in retails and such?

hitmon

Generous of Milennia and Evil Lore to offer to send the winner the copy.

I was hoping for OP to back himself, but seems he just didn't care.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So the winner was not in the US but in the OP, it clearly said US only. So the OP screwed up in selecting a non-US gaffer, didn't want to pay the international shipping(his excuse?), and thus caused this whole thing?

Either way, the The_Monk's post is a well written post.

You missed this from the OP:

"Applicants can be from ANY Country. (Changed from U.S. only but bear in mind this is an NTSC copy)"

Kokonoe

Banned

This post should be made into a sticky.

I don't know much about the game being offered? But is it a rare find? I spotted in my local ebgames and other ones, I heard about it being a good game, but it is a rare find in retails and such?

It was originally released only through Nintendo's Shop and Gamestop. The first print was very rare and prices climbed over $100 through early this year. Then Gamestop suddenly got a reprint of it, initially sold them "used" for $90, pissed off a bunch of people for selling a gutted new game for double MSRP, and then slowly lowered the price to $70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom