• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free copy of Xenoblade Chronicles to one fellow neoGAFer [Up: Where is the prize?!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasMarcos

Banned
Inspired to make a post about my giveaway thanks to Amir0x. I had made a posting in the "Free to a Good Home" thread but it hasn't gotten many views and I want as much exposure for this giveaway as possible. I'm copy and pasting the rules from the other thread:

I'm giving away an opened, "like new" copy of the game. I thought it was greedy of me to keep two copies just for the sake of doing so and now I'm giving away the extra. I know a lot of people on GAF really have wanted to but have not had the chance to obtain/play this game. I want it to go to someone who actually is an avid fan of the game/series and I'll determine that to the best of my ability.

xenoblade_zps057cf8cd.png

Rules for applying next Monday are as follows:

1) Be able to explain why you deserve the software through one picture. It has to be a picture that you've taken yourself and it can be of anything that speaks to your love of Xenoblade Chronicles, the series at large, or jrpg's in general. Show me in one picture why you deserve it.

Alternatively you can write me a short paragraph explaining the same thing, no word limit.

2) Applicants can be from ANY Country. (Changed from U.S. only but bear in mind this is an NTSC copy)

3) You cannot already own a copy of the game.

Next Sunday, March 31st, at 10:00pm eastern time the contest ends. No cut off on applicants. I wanted to save myself time but hey this SHOULD be a community event. Thanks for the recommend Dwayne. Post your submission in this thread starting now! Winner will still be revealed April 2nd.

Good luck to everyone and anyone. Also, this is the most updated sheet of rules for the giveaway so disregard my post in the other thread as well.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Top work!
Own a PAL copy thanks :)

Consider pimping it out? lol like a list of people wanting it, play upon receiving then send to next person until needed?
Good on you

Dwayne

why the weird rules btw, why not just accept entries in the thread from now to end date? instead of forcing a PM race 5 days from now

Fandangox

why the weird rules btw, why not just accept entries in the thread from now to end date? instead of forcing a PM race 5 days from now

I think he is so that more people have the opportunity to read the OP.

Not everyone is able to log in everyday.

Skyzard

Banned

Avoiding thread creation time bias I think.
(beat)

Very nice of you OP - good luck guys. Have too many games at the moment myself.

PANDADjCK

Neo Member
I made this poem that explains why I want the game: crab walk hub world
eat bamboo house to inhale cloudy summer
xenoblades chronicling
a loli is flowing apart

get it for free if I need help

somebody an emo
calling you.

I would like it, but I'm not enough of a superfan to deserve it for this contest, honestly.

I put off buying a US copy because I intended to import a UK copy (as sort of a mini-rebel against NoA dragging their feet for so long, while rewarding the side that was much faster and more open about bringing it out in English), but always put it aside until it was too late.

Dwayne

Inbox death :p

This actually gives people who really care a better chance too, quite a good idea imo.

That's why I said post in the thread. Then we can see our competition as well, makes it more of a community thing.

anyway obviously this all falls on deaf ears, good luck to those super fans who deserve it (and don't own the game).

Me and my girlfriend stopped at every gamestop along the way to alabama to stay with her mom and ended up getting this instead.

856876_621084407907531_1450632575_o.jpg

Necrovex

How does a picture of a nude me with only the Xenosaga games covering my privates sound to you? Instant winner, no?

Its great you're giving this away, but wouldn't someone who already really loves Xenoblade own it or at least have played it?
I know a lot of people on GAF really have wanted to but have not had the chance to obtain/play this game. I want it to go to someone who actually is an avid fan of the game/series and I'll determine that to the best of my ability
these sentences just seem contradictory

Its great you're giving this away, but wouldn't someone who already really loves Xenoblade own it or at least have played it?

You ever heard about those people who really want to play it but can't because of horrendous prices on eBay etc.?
Those are the people the OP is reffering to.

I for once got this game since PAL release so I don't need it. Good luck to everyone else!

olimpia84

Awesome giveaway. I already have the game so I'm not entering but for those of you that don't have this yet DO IT. One of the best games this gen

Fandangox

Oh man. Well I don't think I "deserve" the game, that's a weird way to put it.

All I can say is that I don't have a car so moving around stores to get it its sort of hard, last time I tried to look for it I found The Last Story (the limited edition) so ended up happy anyways.

isual

Hello,

thank you for the time to make this contest.

The reason I would like to win this game is because I love jrpgs. My first jrpg was breath of fire 3, and I loved it. As I got older, I've played through a lot of jrpgs - from final fantasy, to star ocean, shadow hearts, and a myriad more.

For me, the jrpg is all about the story, then the gameplay, music and sidequests. I'm a big fan of jrpg music, and I've heard great things about xenoblade's musical score.

I would like xenoblade because I heard great things about it - the open world, the music, story, and the plethora of sidequests that are attainable. thank you and I hope I win.

I would be so stoked to have a copy of the game! this is a very cool idea, especially for a gaming community like NeoGaf haha. But i guess my only reason for why i deserve a chance to win the game is that im a broke college student who works hard, and doesnt have much cash these days for games. ive been waiting in anticipation for when i get some spare cash so as to pick Pandora's Tower at some point. But I really have been wanting to play Xenoblades since operation Rainfall started. but now that the game is stateside, the $99 entry price on Amazon.com or Ebay makes it impossible for me to buy a copy. If you end up picking me, know that the copy of Xenoblades will go to an avid Nintendo fan and someone who would definitely have nothing but gaming time to dedicate to Xenoblades, and Xenoblades alone lol. thanks again!

tumblr_m2gfmzFNQn1r614uo.gif

Not to be a douche but...

this game kinda goes for 200+ on ebay. The free copy you're gonna give away will probably be played once then discarded for dem greens. Sell it on eBay OP and enjoy dem greens.

Good luck to whoever gets it.

There is a lot to like about XC. Lovely gigantic world. Fantastic music. For some reason I just can't get into it though. It's been out a year and I'm probably only like 50% of the way through.

Varth

Not to be a douche but...

this game kinda goes for 200+ on ebay. The free copy you're gonna give away will probably be played once then discarded for dem greens. Sell it on eBay OP and enjoy dem greens.

I second this. As much as I'm sure anybody here would love the game, if you wanna do something good, sell it and donate proceedings to cancer research. Helping others>giving to community.

Maybe once in a while mods can organize some charity raffle with all the stuff that gets donated. I would chip in too with some leftover psn codes.

Astery

I' pretty sure there are more dedicated fans out there, but I'll give it a shot anwyay.

rpg_zps35a0058b.png

Quality jRPG (VC is a stretch imo but anyway) From 2007 that I still keep today (I skipped the entire PS2 era and I pirated in PS1 days when I was very young, so yea... Many are 1st print and original Japanese editions, All in perfect condition in their own original protective sleeves after playing. I bought the Japanese version of XenoSaga 3 brand new for something along 99USD during 2007 as it's pretty rare at the time already, played it twice both perfect runs, that's a platinum trophy stuff right there. MonolithSoft is one of my favourite jRPG studios of all time, tho a bummer they are under Nintendo only after splitting from Namco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom