• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free copy of Xenoblade Chronicles to one fellow neoGAFer [Up: Where is the prize?!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clefargle

Me and my girlfriend stopped at every gamestop along the way to alabama to stay with her mom and ended up getting this instead.

856876_621084407907531_1450632575_o.jpg
I live in Alabama, and I've been to most Gamestops in the northern part of the state looking for a copy... I need the game just to deal with the crushing weight of living in a state that outlaws sodomy, interracial marriage, and vibrators...

I' pretty sure there are more dedicated fans out there, but I'll give it a shot anwyay.

rpg_zps67f978ae.png

Quality jRPG (VC is a stretch imo but anyway) From 2007 that I still keep today (I skipped the entire PS2 era and I pirated in PS1 days when I was very young, so yea... Many are 1st print and original Japanese editions, All in perfect condition in their own original protective sleeves after playing. I bought the Japanese version of XenoSaga 3 brand new for something along 99USD during 2007 as it's pretty rare at the time already, played it twice both perfect runs, that's a platinum trophy stuff right there. MonolithSoft is one of my favourite jRPG studios of all time, tho a bummer they are under Nintendo only after splitting from Namco.

Err is this a wise thing to be bragging about?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Inspired to make a post about my giveaway thanks to Amir0x. I had made a posting in the "Free to a Good Home" thread but it hasn't gotten many views and I want as much exposure for this giveaway as possible. I'm copy and pasting the rules from the other thread:

I'm giving away an opened, "like new" copy of the game. I thought it was greedy of me to keep two copies just for the sake of doing so and now I'm giving away the extra. I know a lot of people on GAF really have wanted to but have not had the chance to obtain/play this game. I want it to go to someone who actually is an avid fan of the game/series and I'll determine that to the best of my ability.

I don't think it's greedy at all. It's a precaution for a rare game.

But good on you anyways.

Is a pic of the big FF 7 meteor tattooed on my back enough to show my love for the genre? :3
Nope, only for squaresoft and FF7. =3

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If this is legit, I'd love the game so I could play through it and donate it all the same to another fellow GAFer after I finish my play-through. I don't keep many games I play (I typically sell them or let friends borrow them "indefinitely"), and you can't really rent this one anywhere. I'd love the chance to play through it so I could experience it.

Also, it prevents me from having to do any softmod junk to my Wii U and deal with importing a copy.

My only local store that has some kind of record of this game here in Chile.

It says: Next Launch. Date of arrival: TBA.

It was solds here but is was so rare to find it and it´s like an urban legend here. So I will be amazed to win this game and have a little piece of operation rainfall.

By the way, you are amazing dude!!!

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I would love to have this game, but between having a 4 year old girl's daycare to pay for, groceries, her constantly needing new clothes, rent and internet bill I can only dream of affording the game off of ebay.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Well, if it's for people who have the biggest Xeno collection around then I'm out, although you'd think those guys would've played/owned the game already then.
What can I say, I remember following the trailer for Xenoblade, my interest was raised ten folds when the game was still called Monado in the US and showed at E3, that EPIC cover, the waiting without ever spoiling myself from surprises going on media black-out.. then the excitement when the game was finally out.
Unfortunately for reasons that I've only briefly touched on GAF before, I had my iPad gone, most of my consoles gone and yes, many of my games. Bye bye Xenoblade, I hardly knew ya. It would be awesome to get the chance to finally pick up again from where I left. I think this is going to be something special the day I play it... One of those cases where the word "game" is nothing short of reductive, and to define them as an "experience" seems way more apt to me. Well, that kind of special occasion, where art meets story, where gameplay meets excitement, when a game can break the barriers of categorization and genre to give its players something truly special... well to me that'd probably be Xenoblade. Damn, now I'm super hyped for this game again, why did you ths to us you monster! :p

edit: contest has ended, good luck to everyone, just hope it won't go to someone who'll just end up selling this piece of art... of course they can do whatever they want with it since now it is their after all. but man it seems such a waste and you're going to regret it! Don't do it lucky gaffer! ;)

If this is still open, I'd like to pitch my name in for consideration as well please!

EDIT:
I'll edit this later tonight with the requirements.

QP3

In before picture of Wii U with no games.

Also, there are some damn generous people on GAF. Good luck to everyone that enters!

RPGamer92

Banned
Well as a long-time RPG/Nintendo fan myself, I'd say that the amount I want to be able to own a copy of Xenoblade is very high. I have supported the JRPG genre for many years buying games in the more popular franchises such as Final Fantasy and SMT to more rare games such as Tales of Destiny for PS1 and Parasite Eve both of which I spent about $70 for each years after they came out. I've been trying to track a copy of Xenoblade for a long time and unfortunately haven't been able to find one for a price below $100. Also if I were able to obtain this copy of the game and play it, there's a very high chance of me enjoying the game and would be very willing to buy a Wii U for MonolithSoft's X when it comes out. I've done my best to avoid spoilers to this point and is something that remains unspoiled for me. I would very much like to be able to play this game so I could learn the story in a surprising way with nothing spoiled. JRPGs are some of my most played games. I have 100+ hours on many of my favorite JRPGs including the likes of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX, Tales of Symphonia, Persona 3 FES, and Persona. Please, I've been looking for a copy for a long time and I would definitely put it to good use. Another note is that I take very good condition of all my video games and this would be no exception. This is my plea to get a copy of Xenoblade.

Chake

Banned
How rare is this? Like REALLY rare? Cause i saw a ton of copies at my local gamestop just a few days ago.

How rare is this? Like REALLY rare? Cause i saw a ton of copies at my local gamestop just a few days ago.

Well go on ebay, look up how much they sell for, go back to the store and buy them out.

and are you sure they had a ton of copies or just a ton of DISPLAY copies. They tend to leave the display cases on the rack for some silly reason but when you actually ask for them, they have none available.

Arizone

Banned
4pi03QY.jpg

I have a very meager collection of games. I only know of how much petition there was to get the game to come to the US and I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

joedick

4pi03QY.jpg

I have a very meager collection of games. I only know of how much petition there was to get the game to come to the US and I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

Your meager collection includes Xbox controllers but no Xbox games? I don't think you're showing all your shelves!

nonnocere

Good on you for the giveaway. I'd love to play it, but would have to steal my in-laws Wii, so some dreams remain unattainable.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I want it because I want it.

Zwei

Cause i saw a ton of copies at my local gamestop just a few days ago.

Well, that's fortunate for you. I'm seeing used copies on eBay sell consistently around $80.

Although, isn't Gamestop selling their used copies for $60? lol

Chake

Banned
Well go on ebay, look up how much they sell for, go back to the store and buy them out.

and are you sure they had a ton of copies or just a ton of DISPLAY copies. They tend to leave the display cases on the rack for some silly reason but when you actually ask for them, they have none available.

Nah, i asked and they have some. Might pick two copies if i ever stopped by, since the one i own is the EU version.

shira

I'd say sell it on eBay, give the proceeds anonymously to a random charity.

- with a post-it - Believe!

DasMarcos

Banned
I'd say sell it on eBay, give the proceeds anonymously to a random charity.

- with a post-it - Believe!

There is a time for someone to donate to a charity, and there is a time to give someone a game that they'll keep and cherish for the rest of their lives. If I did an Ebay sell it would just go to the wealthiest individual and while yes the money would go to charity that isn't what this thread is about. Everyone here has an equal chance to obtain the game.

Nah, i asked and they have some. Might pick two copies if i ever stopped by, since the one i own is the EU version.

Well, if you're not going to buy a copy anytime soon or if you have no real plans to do so, you could post the Gamestop location in here, so that anyone else looking for a copy close by can grab one at the regular price.

Basch

If I had a decent camera I would take a picture of my empty wallet next my copies of Xenosaga and Xenogears. :(

katkombat

Banned
Wow! You're awfully nice! Giving away a $100+ game for free! :) I already have it but hope it goes to a good home! Have fun guys!

Final Fantasy XIII was so bad and I had such high hopes...my faith in RPGs have been destroyed and thrown in hell... and have been addicted to playing MW3....Please save my soul from eternal damnation with this game the one and the only Xenoblade Chronicles .

Basch

Final Fantasy XIII was so bad and I had such high hopes...my faith in RPGs have been destroyed and thrown in hell... and have been addicted to playing MW3....Please save my soul from eternal damnation with this game the one and the only Xenoblade Chronicles .

lol in true gaf fashion

ugly

last time i checked there werent even any copies on the new zealand ebay equivalent :( i always wanted this game, but cant justify spending the asking prices people have overseas. im not even a diehard rpg fan; i couldnt make a top ten list of my favourite rpgs and talk about the nuances in battle mechanics haha, but ive been hanging out for a meaty adventure game and im super duper keen on xenoblade! anyway thanks :)

shira

There is a time for someone to donate to a charity, and there is a time to give someone a game that they'll keep and cherish for the rest of their lives. If I did an Ebay sell it would just go to the wealthiest individual and while yes the money would go to charity that isn't what this thread is about. Everyone here has an equal chance to obtain the game.
I don't see how that prevents the future recipient from selling it for profit. The game might even be $200 in 10 years. And most people on GAF have at least a home PC and internet - so is it really doing someone a favor when most gaffers bitch about backlog. Most - not all.

At least if you have the charity aspect you know you did your part. Someone out there who wants the game gets the game who more than likely actually wants the game instead of backlogging it and someone else gets groceries for a month or a part of their rent paid.

B.K.

I deserve it! I've been following Takahashi ever since Xenogears!

PbadYQ2.jpg

I'm just kidding. I don't need it. I already have a copy.

sgb

3q6j7vcgb

q2ny1bvz3

Currently deployed on my second tour to Afghanistan, coming home in the next few days!

Been an RPG fan since I was a kid, raised on Phantasy Star IV, Shadow run, and Chrono Trigger. I have mostly collected pre-ps3 console and handheld games, really didn't get an opportunity to get into this Gen other than Vita, PSP, and DS titles due to always being in the field or deployed, but thankfully after this one I'll have some time stateside to catch up! Semper Fi and thanks for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom