• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free game for 1556.81 USD

keraj37

1266.16 EUR = 1556.81 USD.

Don't get me wrong - I do like that game anyway, but I found the price for full game (full = base + all DLCs) just hilarious.

Screenshot_1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Flight simulators have always kinda followed this pattern though (short of the "free" base game) - DCS just figured out that the genre enthusiasts were likely to buy a couple of pieces of DLC anyway and they would come out ahead giving the game away for free.

Look at the original king, Microsoft Flight simulator

The game is 12 years old now and has regular DLC releases, of which total almost $4,500 if you want them all. Train simulator on Steam has always been pretty similar, giving away their base game in cheap bundles for years knowing that people will buy a couple of pieces of DLC to make up the difference.

Kadayi

Banned
The way Paradox is going with CK2 DLC they should be giving the main game away for free as well...:)

keraj37

Flight simulators have always kinda followed this pattern though (short of the "free" base game) - DCS just figured out that the genre enthusiasts were likely to buy a couple of pieces of DLC anyway and they would come out ahead giving the game away for free.

Look at the original king, Microsoft Flight simulator

The game is 12 years old now and has regular DLC releases, of which total almost $4,500 if you want them all. Train simulator on Steam has always been pretty similar, giving away their base game in cheap bundles for years knowing that people will buy a couple of pieces of DLC to make up the difference.

I think the present king is (in VR, which is what I am looking for only): Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator

The way Paradox is going with CK2 DLC they should be giving the main game away for free as well...:)

Yep, sooner or later all games are going to end up as FTP, draining your wallet like Clash of Clans or any other candy crash.

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Staff Member
I think Train Simulator still holds the title of greatest total cost. Image taken from google.

1454012854024157614.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Even more than the train simulators, that particular flight sim is absolutely 100% accurate. If you learn how to fly one of those aircraft in the sim (and it will take months of dedication), you will be able to operate it in real life, barring the physical requirements to handle the forces.

The aircraft DLC for DCS is worked on by different developers with permission from Eagle Dynamics. You can buy most of them at a discount during the steam sales.

DiscoJer

You actually see this on TV a lot lately.

"But wait, when you order, you also get _______ free! Just pay a separate fee."

keraj37

Even more than the train simulators, that particular flight sim is absolutely 100% accurate. If you learn how to fly one of those aircraft in the sim (and it will take months of dedication), you will be able to operate it in real life, barring the physical requirements to handle the forces.

Yes, I know - that is why I jumped into it - also cause VR which it is handling very well. To be honest in VR this game, I don't see a bit of reason why wouldn't it work great as a training for real life pilots.

Top Bottom