• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Changing to USD Pricing for Argentina/Turkey & Revised Regional Pricing for 25 Countries

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

New USD Pricing For Argentina and Turkey beginning November 20th.

The Steam store in Argentina and Turkey will start using USD, along with new regional prices for LATAM and Middle East/North Africa for 25 additional countries/ territories.

Starting on November 20th, Steam will change the currency used for sales in Argentina and Turkey to USD. We are implementing this with two new pricing regions: LATAM - USD (which includes Argentina) and MENA - USD (which includes Turkey). Some countries/territories in the list below may see pricing increase and others may see pricing decrease depending on how games were priced on Steam prior to this change. As with all Steam pricing, game developers choose the price they want to sell their game on Steam. See below for a list of all countries/territories included in these new pricing regions.
What will happen to my Argentine peso or Turkish lira Steam wallet balance?

On November 20th, 2023, any balance in your Steam wallet will be converted to USD at the day's exchange rate.
What is happening for those other countries/territories included in LATAM-USD/MENA-USD pricing?

25 countries/ territories in Latin America and the Middle East & North Africa will be receiving regionalized USD pricing for the first time. Some countries/territories in the list below may see pricing increase and others may see pricing decrease depending on how games were priced on Steam by the developer prior to this change.
What about in-game transactions?

Going forward, in game transactions will default to transacting in USD in these new LATAM - USD and MENA - USD pricing regions.

Last edited:

simpatico

CwTiRai.jpg

Sleepwalker

For those wondering here is the full list of countries:

LATAM-USD Region
Central America
  • Belize
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
South America
  • Argentina
  • Bolivia
  • Ecuador
  • Guyana
  • Paraguay
  • Suriname
  • Venezuela

MENA-USD Region
Middle East
  • Bahrain
  • Egypt
  • Iraq
  • Jordan
  • Lebanon
  • Oman
  • Palestine
  • Turkey
  • Yemen
North Africa
  • Algeria
  • Libya
  • Morocco
  • Tunisia
  • Sudan

My steam account's country has been spared, thank you merciful gaben

simpatico

What are the price differences like? Take a few games before and after prices, convert them to USD and post them here.

Guilty_AI

For those wondering here is the full list of countries:

LATAM-USD Region
Central America
  • Belize
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
South America
  • Argentina
  • Bolivia
  • Ecuador
  • Guyana
  • Paraguay
  • Suriname
  • Venezuela

MENA-USD Region
Middle East
  • Bahrain
  • Egypt
  • Iraq
  • Jordan
  • Lebanon
  • Oman
  • Palestine
  • Turkey
  • Yemen
North Africa
  • Algeria
  • Libya
  • Morocco
  • Tunisia
  • Sudan

My steam account's country has been spared, thank you merciful gaben
So, if i understood correctly, these countries apart from Turkey and Argentina had the regular USD price but now will have a regional price in USD?

Last edited:
Top Bottom