• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What region is the best for Steam right now?

I had previously changed my region to avail myself of more favorable pricing offered to Turkey. However, the current situation is atrocious, as the prices are nearly half of those in the United States, which is infuriating. So, since the LATAM region pricing sucks now, I am now contemplating the most advantageous country to transition to my Steam region. Do you have any suggestions?

I thought all steam regions are USA pricing now. Effectively, I thnk it doesnt matter any more. could be wrong though

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
I had previously changed my region to avail myself of more favorable pricing offered to Turkey. However, the current situation is atrocious, as the prices are nearly half of those in the United States, which is infuriating. So, since the LATAM region pricing sucks now, I am now contemplating the most advantageous country to transition to my Steam region. Do you have any suggestions?
Don’t be cheap

Guilty_AI

Still too high compared to the old turkish prices, I'm not willing to give more than $5 for an AAA game.
well good luck then because even in the lowest regions, for the developers who actually implement proper regional pricing in the first place - as many of them don't in order to avoid having people doing what you're doing - they would still cost something like $20

Last edited:
I've heard rumor of Steam being generally, "uncool" with people region hopping for better prices. I'd bet there's some kind of account risk if one were to do it too many times shopping for the most favorable price. That said, I don't actually know anyone that's had that happen to them. I've only ever changed Steam regions back in the day for early game unlocks. Good luck!

Fbh

If you are that cheap honestly just pirate games instead of screwing us over by abusing the regional pricing system until they disable it in our countries.

Top Bottom