• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free portrait drawing inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlius

Banned
q7mEznK.jpg

AMAZING! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! love them!
the anime ones are awesome, if i can get someone to do an anime version of me that would be amazing i will give you something in exchange!

Do you guys make portraits of ugly people too? I would like one of myself

It's basically whatever people find interesting/think would be fun to draw/would be good practice/sometimes specifically picking skipped ones/etc.

It's entirely up to the artists' whims, but there's been all kinds of people drawn in this thread.

Lurra

Neo Member
AMAZING! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! love them!
the anime ones are awesome, if i can get someone to do an anime version of me that would be amazing i will give you something in exchange!
I don't know if this are "anime" enough, I've tried my best !(I've got 2 version of this lol)
IwKLQ2O.jpg

np3vWty.jpg

Lurra

Neo Member
Incredible man! just what i wanted! PM me and we can talk about an exchange, maybe a game or something.

nope don't worry it is only a sketch I feel bad xD
it's fun doing this kind of stuff! I started over drawing after like 15 years(when I was younger like at 10 years old I was drawing every day then I stopped), and just begin to draw with the digital tablet (is it the right term?) and it feels good having some practice with something new , so thanks to you :D

If you want something more elaborate I can work on that, send me the picture(s) with a PM etc :D

Lurra

Neo Member
Notice me senpai :/

I'm not senpai but I'm on it!

For others that might got skipped, It's troublesome find all the posts but till the 26 of october I have a LOT of free time so I'm planning to draw the shit out of whatever come to my eyes, so just send me the link of your post and I will draw :D

FloatOn

I'm not senpai but I'm on it!

For others that might got skipped, It's troublesome find all the posts but till the 26 of october I have a LOT of free time so I'm planning to draw the shit out of whatever come to my eyes, so just send me the link of your post and I will draw :D

Awesome! Much appreciated

Before the internet cuts out again(!)

Scanned version of ReturnOfTheRAT:

PedIQi3.png

Dying for a pen and tablet to at least give small splashes of color to these guys. Maybe I'll buy myself an early Christmas present. :D

jgwhiteus

Anyway, I think your shading experiment with Sol's friend was a big success. Looks like one of the professional sketches used by columnists in big newspapers. Very nice.

Ha, thank you so much! That drawing did me remind me of one of those WSJ illustrations after a bit. And by the way, I love how clean your linework is! My pen drawings are usually a blotchy mess (and I end up getting ink all over the bottom of my palm), which is why I tend to do stuff on tablet nowadays.

I took pictures of my friend, and if someone could make a drawing of her, I would be very grateful.

This is pretty simple, but I really liked your friend's outfit and thought it would make a good contrast against a similar background:

RP3ClXV.png

If anyone has some spare time or just wants some practice:

8SoB767.jpg

Such tragedy in your eyes in that pic, Fritters. Such moist sadness.

b8pwmx5.png

tried another colouring experiment in photoshop

still forgot your hair though.. haha sorry

He looks so cute with the cheek blooms~ Haha.

Ha, thank you so much! That drawing did me remind me of one of those WSJ illustrations after a bit. And by the way, I love how clean your linework is! My pen drawings are usually a blotchy mess (and I end up getting ink all over the bottom of my palm), which is why I tend to do stuff on tablet nowadays.

This is pretty simple, but I really liked your friend's outfit and thought it would make a good contrast against a similar background:

RP3ClXV.png

It really is pretty cool. If you're not already, you should pimp your stuff to budding journalists/bloggers. And the one you just did is like a bloody album cover. Skills~

For my linework, I do do a fair bit of clean up. Start off light, choose my lines, then abuse the shit out of the eraser. I feel you on the ink stuff, though. No erasing those mistakes. I have to be extra careful with pen stuff because I get impatient and forget to wait for it to dry. I don't post those. ^_^;

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well I think that now could be my turn :D
8YBJ0Ok.jpg

6FqxDPW.jpg
The twist: this user is an animorph and is actually the animal in both pictures

Edit: Or the first cat isn't real and I'm a blasted idiot

jgwhiteus

It really is pretty cool. If you're not already, you should pimp your stuff to budding journalists/bloggers. And the one you just did is like a bloody album cover. Skills~

Thanks - I appreciate that you think I'd even be qualified for that. But for now I just enjoy this as a hobby, and doing the occasional projects for friends - whenever I think of clients I think of deadlines, demands, revision requests, etc. Threads like these are great because you get to choose what you'd like to do and how you'd like to do it, just for the fun of it. Case in point:

So your clothes (and bird) in your second photo made me think of a pirate or dockworker, and I took the opportunity to fool around with some coloring:
tDGawnB.png

8YBJ0Ok.jpg

Alas, the cat didn't make it.

UTD3I9O.png

Wow! Thank you very much! This is simply awesome.
I wish I could draw like that.

Happy you like it. ^_^ And most anyone can draw. Just practice, practice, practice~

Oh my god, thanks, this is great.

I am sad because I haven't broken the habit of saying "Harvest Moon"

Just repeat after me: Story of Seasons Story of Seasons Story of Seasons...

I might have to go back and anime-up your eyes.

Thanks - I appreciate that you think I'd even be qualified for that. But for now I just enjoy this as a hobby, and doing the occasional projects for friends - whenever I think of clients I think of deadlines, demands, revision requests, etc. Threads like these are great because you get to choose what you'd like to do and how you'd like to do it, just for the fun of it. Case in point:

Haha. It's true. Not buttering up the toast at all, so to speak. And it is a fun little hobby. I, too, like the casual, no-pressure nature of the thread. It's a pleasure to have this set doodle time while I listen to podcasts. Makes me look like I'm actually working or something. My kingdom for some jawlines/non-straight on shots, though, people! :p

Kard8p3

Kard8p3Full.png
Kard8p3Av.png

I improvised with the shirt. The filter on the picture made it hard to tell what color your hair is, so I guestimated.

Holy shit I know this is HELLA late to respond to but goddamn! You did a hell of a job, the hair color is right, no worries :), shirt is also way cooler than what I was probably wearing!

Thank you!!!

Thanks - I appreciate that you think I'd even be qualified for that. But for now I just enjoy this as a hobby, and doing the occasional projects for friends - whenever I think of clients I think of deadlines, demands, revision requests, etc. Threads like these are great because you get to choose what you'd like to do and how you'd like to do it, just for the fun of it.

You're legit! You can easily get paid for your skills.

Anyone fancy trying a cartoon version of this - my boys first day at school

N1Ovoyol.jpg

Eternally grateful

Edit - just been back through and noticed YesNOnoNOYes did a version of s different picture for me sorry for seeming greedy and thank you madam!

Double edit - my bad

I would be absolutely honored if anyone would do a picture of my daughter, though I'd fully understand if not (I mean, these things ain't easy and it's not like I can pay you).

Here are a few pics, in case one is easier or provides more inspiration than another.

2015_10_15_20_20_52.jpg

2015_10_15_20_20_55.jpg

2015_10_15_20_21_05.jpg

This last one is us together (I'm only wearing the hat because she loves to snatch it off my head and run--or run as fast as a newly-bipedal toddler can run):

2015_10_15_20_21_11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom