• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free portrait drawing inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think that now could be my turn :D
8YBJ0Ok.jpg

Sorry I didn't fit in Mr. Kitty. Maybe next time.

tumblr_nwaexzNbPa1uc35p2o1_1280.jpg

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry 'bout the late responses, this thread moves pretty fast and I missed the posts addressed to me!

Thank you for the insight! I'm not well versed with drawing, but you seem to have a really good eye for the distinctive facial features.
Do you draw for a living?

No problem! And thank you for the compliment regarding faces, it's definitely something I try to work at. :) I do some freelance art and commissions sometimes but it's not my main job, just a lifelong hobby!

I'm impressed with your work ExMachina. Have at this

Thanks! :D And I got you, dude - check below.

A couple more portraits in ink:

Anyone wanna give me a shot?

Thanks in advance!

Fixed it. Thanks in advance!

I has been skipped

tumblr_nwc4nj0e5T1rn8nkfo1_1280.jpg

Since people are saying doing this for free is greedy, can I pay one of you guys like 15 bucks for a portrait of my girlfriend? You guys take Google payments or Amazon? I would love one of her and I together, or just her alone is cool.

So, this request is actually for a friend of mine whose birthday is friday. I love a lot of the designs here, and would love if someone could make something really nice looking of her and her daughter so I could make an 8x10 of it and frame it. Maybe even some variations. She's a great person, and doesn't have many people in her life that are going to get her stuff, and think this would be a neat, thoughtful option for her.

Not looking to line jump, but if folks get to it, I'd absolutely appreciate it. :)

KdlC6aD.jpg

I really like your drawing style. Could you please do one of me and one of my girlfriend?

yj6IhSw.jpg

TEzut8S.jpg

I know asking for two is greedy, but she'd really like it too. :3

Cheers for that~ For portraits, it's not meant as a direct request thread, really, (more of a whim kind of thing), or for non-Gaffers, so no promises, but I'll surely be stretching the sketch muscle more later in the week.

Since people are saying doing this for free is greedy, can I pay one of you guys like 15 bucks for a portrait of my girlfriend? You guys take Google payments or Amazon? I would love one of her and I together, or just her alone is cool.

Well, as it was originally meant it's a no pressure trade off: practice with a variety of subjects to choose from, so I think it's just more the direct requests/requests with specific purpose other than just doodle practice for the artists that makes it a bit less in the spirit. However, if you're still very keen for a portrait for a non-Gaffer, perhaps an offer to donate to a charity of choice? No one's doing this for money, just fun, but I don't think anyone would be bothered by more good coming (i.e. the small charity donation route) out of a fun exercise if you do have a specific want.

Lurra

Neo Member
Sorry I didn't fit in Mr. Kitty. Maybe next time.

tumblr_nwaexzNbPa1uc35p2o1_1280.jpg
Thanks that's so cool *_* I really love this! It really look like me a lot ahah
The twist: this user is an animorph and is actually the animal in both pictures

Edit: Or the first cat isn't real and I'm a blasted idiot
Well I also have another cockatiel (yes the bird in the picture is real), 2 hamsters another cat and a dog, so my animorph options are really wide ahah

So your clothes (and bird) in your second photo made me think of a pirate or dockworker, and I took the opportunity to fool around with some coloring:
tDGawnB.png
this is wonderful I love this so much, do you mind sign it so I can print it/post it on fb (or if you have some site, deviantart account etc so I can post that together to credit you)
This was my bird face when she seen you drawing
yExPeQx.jpg

Alas, the cat didn't make it.

UTD3I9O.png

mething. My kingdom for some jawlines/non-straight on shots, though, people! :p

I love this as well, I really like your style of lineart, it is so polish, I always struggle with lineart, mine are so messy

I never draw cats :s
jwTcAOC.jpg

Oh gosh this is so cool, I really like this style of yours, it seems like something draw without take the pencile from the sheet, in a positive way *-*

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
Do me please! I'd rather use a cool sketch then my ugly mug on social media.

memememe_zpsy9038phi.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
20151023_003652_zpsuuvtpkxi.jpg

Some great artists in this thread. And good looking gaffers. Been trying to take up drawing while I'm on the road for work.

At the very least I'll get some good practice out of this thread.

Zakalwe

Banned
Cheers for that~ For portraits, it's not meant as a direct request thread, really, (more of a whim kind of thing), or for non-Gaffers, so no promises, but I'll surely be stretching the sketch muscle more later in the week.

There's no rule in the OP about not asking directly nor this being gaf exclusive, I didn't think there'd be any harm in asking.

Of course I understand if you can't do it, but if you get the chance it would be really appreciated. Could maybe work out some kind of trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom