• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

French top 10 July 31 to August 6, 2004.

Deg

Banned
1. Spider-Man 2 (Activision) – PS2
2. DRIV3R (Atari) – PS2
3. Formula One 2004 (Sony) – PS2
4. Athens 2004 (Sony) – PS2
5. Spider-Man 2 (Activision) – NGC
6. Spider-Man 2 (Activision) – GBA
7. Pro Evolution Soccer 3 Platinum (Konami) – PS2
8. SingStar (Sony) – PS2
9. Onimusha 3 : Demon Siege (Capcom) – PS2
10. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow (Ubisoft) – PS2

http://www.jeux-france.com/news5691.html&lp=fr_en&tt=url

Fularu

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
Looks like Onimusha 3's a hit in France, and the GC > Xbox there.

France has been known for a long time as a nintendo loving country (the N64 performed a lot there, and so is the GC)

cvxfreak

I knew they were a Nintendo country, but Europe's been one of those "Xbox > GC" territories that it's sort of easy to forget the GC's not so bad off in the area. :p There's also the Germany factor, so it might just be the UK where Xbox dominates.

jarrod

Banned
XBox also dominates in Scandanavian regions and Ireland... GC is ahead in Spain and Italy as well though. It's actually sorta like the MD/SNES split, both platforms slightly ahead in different markets but close overall. :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
CVXFREAK said:
I knew they were a Nintendo country, but Europe's been one of those "Xbox > GC" territories that it's sort of easy to forget the GC's not so bad off in the area. :p There's also the Germany factor, so it might just be the UK where Xbox dominates.
Actually as far as I have been told Xbox is 2nd everywhere in Europe except France and another country (I think Italy). There have been a lot of changes at the french MS Gaming division not so long ago because of that. Xbox is closing the gap since a few months though.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Blimblim said:
Actually as far as I have been told Xbox is 2nd everywhere in Europe except France and another country (I think Italy). There have been a lot of changes at the french MS Gaming division not so long ago because of that. Xbox is closing the gap since a few months though.

GC took the lead in Germany (source: new thread at gaf) ..

what are the major territories in europe? (as far as videogames are concerned?)

cvxfreak

Spain, Italy and Portugal also play major roles in Europe's game market, but the biggest comes from those three mentioned above.

Solid

Sweden top 10.

1. Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (PC)
2. Spider-Man 2 (PS2)
3. Athens 2004 (PS2)
4. Driv3r (PS2)
5. Spider-Man 2 (Xbox)
6. Formula One 2004 (PS2)
7. The Sims Unleashed (PC)
8. Battlefield: Vietnam (PC)
9. The Sims On Holiday (PC)
10. The Sims Makin' Magic (PC)

wazoo

Considering you can get an xbox with 5 games for 209E in France (and the christmas bundles can only be better), the situation of Xbox in France is bound to get better, at least in term of sales.

Top Bottom