• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - Official Thread of Inherent Greatness

Scribble

That interview suggests that we probably won't be seeing him in Zelda again. But this team seems pretty damn eager to make Tingle the star of his own franchise. I'm just really surprised how they just out right said that there WILL be more Tingle games, but they don't have any concrete plans yet. I expected them to be more...vague about his future.

Kosma

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
But he's supposed to be annoying. He's a 35 year old fairy that demands money. What's not inherently charming about that?

Dunno.

Wario is an annoying guy too but he's got his own games too. (Wario Land on GB still being the best everrrr)

Scribble

oo Kosma oo said:
Dunno.

Wario is an annoying guy too but he's got his own games too. (Wario Land on GB still being the best everrrr)

I think people let Wario get away with it because he's butch.

Joe Molotov

4kcgshz.jpg

Civil

Okay, Tingle has to be something like the pinnacle everything masculine and brawny in Japan, right? And you're all rabid gaijin otaku?

I just wanted to get things straight here.

this has to come out in north america, i mean there are like no DS games on the horizon after december. come on nintendo, we need our filler :D

Scribble said:
That interview suggests that we probably won't be seeing him in Zelda again. But this team seems pretty damn eager to make Tingle the star of his own franchise. I'm just really surprised how they just out right said that there WILL be more Tingle games, but they don't have any concrete plans yet. I expected them to be more...vague about his future.

Hell yeah. Keep Tingle out of the Zelda games! I dont mind him getting his own game.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i really don't see why it would be a big distraction if tingle had a map shop in a zelda game. the shop in twilight princess (malo's? i think?) was pretty damn fruity and didn't detract all too much from the game.

beelzebozo said:
i really don't see why it would be a big distraction if tingle had a map shop in a zelda game. the shop in twilight princess (malo's? i think?) was pretty damn fruity and didn't detract all too much from the game.

At this point, it's just "cool" to hate Tingle. Mob mentality, FTL.

TheGreatDave said:
But he's supposed to be annoying. He's a 35 year old fairy that demands money. What's not inherently charming about that?
Thats not charming at all.

* His flamboyant-ness
* He is 35 and behaves the way he does
* He charged a lot of rupees for the map thingy in Wind Waker (so annoying)
* His appearance

tingle.jpg

Kill it with fire!

beelzebozo said:
Buying maps in the first place is annoying. So FU on that idea.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
but his ambiguousness is the joke. he's 35 and wants to be a fairy. maybe that's completely innocent, but it seems completely weird. he has magic words. he's almost like someone's interpretation of what a modern day peter pan would be like: more creepy and bizarre to most people than charmingly youthful

every moment he's in wind waker is cast in this ominous duality--he seems harmless, care-free, and happy, but according to the guys turning the windmill he's dressed them up that way and is practically enslaving them. that's just funny to me. it takes the whole "is he totally harmless, or is he an old creep" joke to the next level

Buying maps in the first place is annoying. So FU on that idea.

so make it a bomb shop. who cares?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Joe Molotov said:
:lol :lol
Civil said:
Okay, Tingle has to be something like the pinnacle everything masculine and brawny in Japan, right? And you're all rabid gaijin otaku?

WTF? Did you just troll this game and all of Japan in one go?

Civil said:

You won't last here long.

CTLance

GeneralIroh said:
Kill it with fire!

Tingle is not pleased with this.
53ags3c.jpg

Yes, he's fucking creepy, but that's his charm. He's unique. How many fairys trapped inside 35-year-old-men IN SKINTIGHT BODY SUITS do you know? Huh? Only HE could make it look that... "cute", though.

We need a church of Tingle. I'm not worthy yet, but I'm pretty sure he'll come into the dreams of the chosen ones and tell them his words of absolute truth and wisdom. We need to prepare the earth for His arrival. All hail Tingle. :D I volunteer for the post of brainless minion!

GeneralIroh said:
Thats not charming at all.

* His flamboyant-ness
* He is 35 and behaves the way he does
* He charged a lot of rupees for the map thingy in Wind Waker (so annoying)
* His appearance

[MG]http://web.mit.edu/bmoore/www/miscphotos/tingle.jpg[/IMG]

Kill it with fire!

I dunno, ask me what I remember from Wind Waker and he's one of the characters. In fact, other than the "SPLISHHHHHHHHHHHHH" guy I don't remember anybody else. Memorable > Bland.

angelfly

grandjedi6 said:
I hate all the people that downvoted a NA release of this game in that survey NOA had

Did you really expect it to come out differently?

I think Nintendo should bring it here the same way they brought Electroplankton here.

Joe Molotov

Flynn said:
Really? Why do they treat games differently from DVDs? I buy movies from them all the time.

I don't know what their deal is. Maybe they're afraid of making game publishers mad, since games do have those "Not for sale outside of..." warnings on them. For what ever reason though, they won't ship games outside of the UK.

lo zaffo

Day one purchase for me, that is September, 14th, since Italy is supposed to be in Europe!!
Do anybody go crazy for the soundtrack? NoE site video of Tingle brings a jazz tune, amazing!!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Oy completely forgot this was out at the end of the week. Will try to find it tomorrow morning before work, impressions as soon as possible.

Tiktaalik

Damn I want this game but the import prices are craaazy. It's hard to justify paying C$60++ for a DS game, even if it does have Tingle. :lol

I might wait in hopes that prices come down. How fast do prices in Europe drop? I know in NA Nintendo game prices don't drop very fast...

Kosma

Banned
I sooooo want to buy this. But I've just started playing FF6 on my DS (first time!) and I still got FF5 waiting for me after that. Maybe I'll cave in though when I'll be working the 14th and looking at the box all day long.

Tiktaalik said:
How fast do prices in Europe drop? I know in NA Nintendo game prices don't drop very fast...

On Nintendo published games? They don't. At all.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dragona Akehi said:
NA gamers have a fetish for bald space marines

Hey, don't insult ALL of us like that!

Anyway, the problem we're going to face here is that Euro DS games are still stupidly expensive in comparison to DS games in the USA/Canada, unless something changed radically and I didn't notice. As a result, the best deal might be to find some Euro GAFfer who wants something that was never released in the USA, and offer a game-for-game swap.

Hey, that's how I got my Doshin the Giant and Euro Luigi's Mansion!

Capndrake

Got the game today, pretty fun so far (Starts off a bit confusing though). None of the gay animations from the Japanese version that I know of (Like this one) have been removed, they're all still in. Translation's also really good.

Only complaint so far is that negotiating prices is really just a wild guess, there's no way to tell most what money range you should be asking/giving sometimes (A few NPCs give a small hint but it's only been like 2 for me so far, and I've negotiated like 30 times).

Keio

For a Finer World
Capndrake said:
Got the game today, pretty fun so far (Starts off a bit confusing though). None of the gay animations from the Japanese version that I know of (Like this one) have been removed, they're all still in. Translation's also really good.

Only complaint so far is that negotiating prices is really just a wild guess, there's no way to tell most what money range you should be asking/giving sometimes (A few NPCs give a small hint but it's only been like 2 for me so far, and I've negotiated like 30 times).
Wohoo! Non-censored version of Tingle FTW!

Thanks for the impressions!

Capndrake

AndyMoogle said:
Is this a long game? I will buy it if it's a 15+ hour game, but I doubt it is...
I have no idea how much continents there are, but the first continent alone has 5 different islands which so far all take over an hour to fully explore and get everything on. So if there's 4+ continents, it should be pretty long.

EDIT: Wikipedia says 11 islands (So I assume 2 continents, first one 5, second 6). I assume the time to do stuff ramps up later, so yeah, it should still be pretty long.

Top Bottom