• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fresno man predicts his own death, said Fresno PD is out to frame/kill him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeband

Banned
First of all that's not thermal imaging equipment. Second of all it proves nothing which was my point. I've seen city contractors photographing places for various reasons numerous times before. Could it still be some super secret op to kill the dude? Yeah, I suppose so. But I prefer to take an Occam's razor approach to things and not assume a string of events seemingly random are suddenly related just because they fit my paranoia.

Occam's razor when black vans keep videotaping you is that you're in some deep shit.

ElTopo

Banned
First of all that's not thermal imaging equipment. Second of all it proves nothing which was my point. I've seen city contractors photographing places for various reasons numerous times before. Could it still be some super secret op to kill the dude? Yeah, I suppose so. But I prefer to take an Occam's razor approach to things and not assume a string of events seemingly random are suddenly related just because they fit my paranoia.

It's still suspicious as fuck dude... Kind of goes without saying.

I'd like to know what his family had to say about his mental health. He mentions a daughter and ex wife. If his family steps forward and verifies him as being a paranoid schizophrenic then okay, I eat crow and the guy is the luckiest/unluckiest paranoid schizophrenic to just so happen to have city contractors stop directly in front of his home, take footage from within a van with a pretty sophisticated rig, and then leave just as quickly as they came just as the camera inside recording them got a nice zoomed in shot of them...

ElTopo

Banned
Lol.

Thermal sensoring from a DSLR and a gimbal? Ok sure

http://www.intelligent-aerospace.com/articles/2013/10/sofradir-ec-atom80.html

http://www.cnet.com/news/heat-seaker-thermal-imaging-camera-for-the-masses/

May not be a thermal sensor, but it's still very sketchy.

Also, it can't be men working for google doing Google Maps work because this is what a Google Map car looks like:

device-carousel1.jpg

And notice how the guy with camera doesn't pan around to photograph other houses. Plus the camera seemed to be hooked up to a laptop so I think that rules out a hobbyist who just so happened to stop in front of the wrong home.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
He knew he was going to die.
If I knew that, I would also invite armed friends to my house. (or call the police, but in that case... yeah...)

How do you know he knew that?

Here's what we know:

1) He thought he was going to die
2) He died

These things are not necessarily connected. They could be. I'm not ruling that out, but you shouldn't blindly take his word for it either, especially as unhinged as this guy sounded. You could be convinced that the government is going to murder you due to paranoia, and because of that belief do dangerous things, which could lead to your death.

Fuchsdh

Guys in this thread might want to brush up on the concept of the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon. People are geared to see patterns and conspiracies.

How does the license plate scam work exactly? They scan your plates in a private parking lot and then do ???? to justify giving you a citation?

ElTopo

Banned
I don't have time to watch all the videos. Can you link the other ones have black vans videotaping him? I'd like to see the dates.

Only when you're under the preconceived notion that it's suspicious, and thus looking for it.

I would be suspicious of anyone stopping directly in front of my house, recording footage from within a van (not stepping outside mind you) of just my home, and then speeding off after less than a minute.

I would be suspicious of anyone stopping directly in front of my house, recording footage from within a van (not stepping outside mind you) of just my home, and then speeding off after less than a minute.

In that case I advise you not to look out your window at 6:47 tonight.

jorma

is now taking requests
I don't have time to watch all the videos. Can you link the other ones have black vans videotaping him? I'd like to see the dates.

Only when you're under the preconceived notion that it's suspicious, and thus looking for it.

Nah, it's suspicious with or without "preconceived notions".

I don't think that the police are out to kill me, but i'd still be suspicious as fuck if the men in that van were filming me and my home. My assumption would probably be that they were out to intimidate me.

I was followed to Copper Hills Elementary School while picking up my daughter from a softball game by a green mid 90's Toyota Camry type 4 door vehicle. The driver was a male wearing a baseball hat. Very strange because the car was similar to my Saturn and the driver was wearing a baseball hat similar to what I typically wear. The driver appeared to be arrogantly mocking my appearance. The driver made eye contact with me and smiled, which appeared to be an overt and sarcastic way to let me know he was following me.

Yep, these leaps of logic in particular are like a textbook example of schizophrenia, although a lot of his other writings seem more self aware than this. It kinda reminds me of a less extreme version of the late Francis E. Dec, Esq:

"Deadly assaults, even in my yard! With knives, even bricks and stones! Even deadly touch tabin or electric-shock flashlights! Even remote-electronically-controlled around-corners-projection of deadly touch tarantula spiders! Or even bloody-murder "accidents" to shut me up forever with a Sneak Undetectable Extermination! "

NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJHiU-X9Y-0

213372bu

Banned
After reading and not just looking at a video of the van with a camera, it seems like things simply don't add up.

Claims to have broken the last straw of his marriage through a parking ticket

Believes that someone wearing a baseball cap and a similar common car is "arrogantly mocking" him

Despite being followed for the better part of the year and claiming "police and assailants" have been rushing through vacant buildings, dude knows the exact time that the police have enough of him with no basis.

Creates blog detailing conspiracy, no mention of the big weekend or why they are finally out to get him despite telling those on Facebook.

It was kind of interesting before I read up on that though.

ElTopo

Banned
After reading and not just looking at a video of the van with a camera, it seems like things simply don't add up.

Claims to have broken the last straw of his marriage through a parking ticket

Believes that someone wearing a baseball cap and a similar common car is "arrogantly mocking" him

Despite being followed for the better part of the year and claiming "police and assailants" have been rushing through vacant buildings, dude knows the exact time that the police have enough of him with no basis.

Creates blog detailing conspiracy, no mention of the big weekend or why they are finally out to get him despite telling those on Facebook.

It was kind of interesting before I read up on that though.

I'm not saying flat out that there was a conspiracy, but there's things that don't totally add up and there needs to be an independent investigation.

Nah, it's suspicious with or without "preconceived notions".

What. If it makes you suspicious then you've been preconditioned to the notion that someone taking photos of your place is cause for alarm. I'm not saying that alone is weird or paranoia. But going from "they're taking a photo" to "they're part of a conspiracy to kill me" is wacky sauce. Unless of course you have actual evidence of attempts on your life made by mysterious photographers.

jorma

is now taking requests
What. If it makes you suspicious then you've been preconditioned to the notion that someone taking photos of your place is cause for alarm. I'm not saying that alone is weird or paranoia. But going from "they're taking a photo" to "they're part of a conspiracy to kill me" is wacky sauce. Unless of course you have actual evidence of attempts on your life made by mysterious photographers.

Taking a photo of my place is one thing. But that's not a two man in a black van job, unless some suspicious shit is going down.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yep, these leaps of logic in particular are like a textbook example of schizophrenia, although a lot of his other writings seem more self aware than this. It kinda reminds me of a less extreme version of the late Francis E. Dec, :
It could very well have been his paranoia attributing malicious behavior to something benign. However, the thing about the car, clothes, and person looking similar could set off alarms if you believe that the police are trying to frame you. i mean, looking like the person you are going to frame for a crime would be the first thing you do.

All of it could be madness but the videotaped evidence shows something is going on so maybe his paranoia and hypervigilance was justified.

akira28

if he did have some dirt or something, I could see someone taking him out.

but immediately after he posted on facebook about it? was something time sensitive? I would at least call for independent investigation.

A man predicted his own murder and gets murdered, and you all are going "LOL JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS." Disgusting.

NeoGAF.gif

SaganIsGOAT

Honestly, looking at his website, this looks 100% like a classic "gangstalking" paranoid schizophrenic. If that somehow led to his death, that's really regrettable.

If someone was outside clarly filming me and my doings I would start to feel intimidated and paranoid

ElTopo

Banned
A man predicted his own murder and gets murdered, and you all are going "LOL JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS." Disgusting.

NeoGAF.gif

No one is saying that. Most people here are saying there should be an independent investigation. You're the one with this mat:

tumblr_inline_mk8cjlhJIm1qz4rgp.jpg

Paranoia is a hell of a mental illness.

Seriously, an employee from his job at a tire center, his neighbor along with the police are out to kill him?

It definitely is really hard to peg this in one way or the other just yet... I was watching his videos, and some of them are just him filming a carpet cleaner van, or... a regular van... with leaps of logic in the description, but then this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORSp42JQo9Y

This guy looks into his yard for a second before instantly turning back the way he came, checks his phone and dawdles aimlessly for a bit before getting into what looks to be almost certainly an unmarked cop car. This would freak me out too...

NeoGAF.gif

It's funny that you used that quote in particular to presumably mock and shame people for not immediately buying into a literal conspiracy theory

It definitely is really hard to peg this in one way or the other just yet... I was watching his videos, and some of them are just him filming a carpet cleaner van, or... a regular van... with leaps of logic in the description, but then this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORSp42JQo9Y

This guy looks into his yard for a second before instantly turning back the way he came, checks his phone and dawdles aimlessly for a bit before getting into what looks to be almost certainly an unmarked cop car. This would freak me out too...

How do you know it is "almost certainly an unmarked cop car"?

terrible

Banned
He just sounds like he's mentally ill. Him setting his house on fire and then stabbing himself seems far more likely than the picture he was trying to paint.

Some of his claims are also way out there. At this point we live in a country where if someone told you the police killed someone in custody, pulled someone over on false pretenses, or planted evidence on a traffic stop it would be believable because there have been examples of that before.

But in this case we would need to believe that first they tried to frame him for working on 2 stroke jet skis illegally. Then the police moved in a sex offender next to him for some reason. They also were controlling a co-worker. They broke into his house to plant evidence apparently, then never used it, instead opting to kill him shortly after he publicly said they were going to kill him - in his own home in the afternoon, not bothering to do it somewhere it could look like an accident. They also decide to kill him up close and personal with a knife instead of just shooting him. Instead of using a covert surveillance van they use one that has a sliding door with a camera right behind it and a dude in a cowboy hat filming. So many red flags in this!

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤

Yet you have the time to post and reply in this thread? x

How do you know it is "almost certainly an unmarked cop car"?

Yeah the more I watch it the less convinced I am of that, most of these videos just seem to be any old thing that he could possibly twist into part of his narrative. If you run a surveillance system 24/7 for several months monitoring your front yard and what looks to be a pretty busy street just outside and you're looking for anything that could somehow be construed as some undercover sting operation aimed at you, I'm sure you'll end up with plenty of videos to upload.

MisterR

Yeah the more I watch it the less convinced I am of that, most of these videos just seem to be any old thing that he could possibly twist into part of his narrative. If you run a surveillance system 24/7 for several months monitoring your front yard and what looks to be a pretty busy street just outside and you're looking for anything that could somehow be construed as some undercover sting operation aimed at you, I'm sure you'll end up with plenty of videos to upload.

Yep, there is clearly nothing to this. There are tons of corrupt cops, but most of them probably aren't planning elaborate conspiracies to film and murder people for complaining about police budgets on a local newspaper comment section.

Yet you have the time to post and reply in this thread? x

Is time a difficult subject to grasp? I'm at work and posting takes seconds. Watching a dozen videos takes more than a few seconds, especially when I'm uncertain which contain the subject matter discussed. I watched three and only one had what was discussed. The other two were completely mundane.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Considering Police are killing people on a daily basis, I believe this.
Seriously.

I'm not calling anyone out or anything but the difference in reactions from the Chicago pd breaking their cameras thread and this one are fascinating, from a psychology standpoint. You got a lot of people in that thread saying they aren't surprised at all. But in this thread a lot of reactions are that this guy is insane. Is it because it's easier and "safer" to believe that this guy is crazy instead of a few cops or a police department framing/harassing/or even murdering people they don't like?

There are tons of stories out there about cops abusing their power to harass people.

I remember one on investigation discovery where this couple lived next to a cop who started harassing them, they call the cops and they believe his side over yours. What do you do then?

Seriously.

I'm not calling anyone out or anything but the difference I reactions from the Chicago pd breaking their cameras thread and this one are fascinating, from a psychology standpoint. You got a lot of people in that thread saying they aren't surprised at all. But in this thread a lot of reactions are that this guy is insane. Is it because it's easier and "safer" to believe that this guy is crazy instead of a few cops or a police department framing/harassing/or even murdering people they don't like?

There are tons of stories out there about cops abusing their power to harass people.

I remember one on investigation discovery where this couple lived next to a cop who started harassing them, they call the cops and they believe his side over yours. What do you do then?

"Chicago police are breaking cameras" is a completely different statement from "Fresno man predicts his death at the hands of local authority." I mean like... these statements are solar systems apart from one another.

Are you sure about that assertion you are making? Thermal imaging equipment comes in many form factors can be easily mounted on such a rig.

Anyone reporting how many times/where he was stabbed? I could definitely see someone barricading himself in his house and setting it on fire, but suicide by stabbing you don't hear every day, unless maybe it was something like he slit his jugular but they weren't ready to officially rule it a suicide?

Are you sure about that assertion you are making? Thermal imaging equipment comes in many form factors can be easily mounted on such a rig.

Yes. Unless you can correct me by finding thermal imaging equipment that looks anything at all like what was in the video. Several others have pointed out it's not thermal imaging as well, and at least one of them is familiar with photography equipment.

Won

It was already said, but yeah, this sounds like gang stalking paranoia. In this case it just took a bad end. Pretty sad. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom