• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday came up so quickly. What's on tap for this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Friday, August 8th. That was fast.

So, this weekend is the first ever VT GAF meetup.

It's Sunday at 4:30 and I'm psyched. We're going to Guild Tavern:

guild_steak.jpg

Yum. It's not too late to attend so just let me know if you want to come. Otherwise, planning on lots of R&R. Some Extant and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.

So, what are y'all up to this weekend?

Halcyon

I don't think anything of note is going on today, but tomorrow I'm hopefully finally getting my Jim Lee inspired batman tattoo on my shoulder.

Edwardo

My family from Florida is still staying at our house. So i'll be enjoying time with my godson until they leave on Sunday or Monday. That actually reminds me I need to buy him a bday present after work. Little guy turns 2 next week.

I'll probably end up seeing TMNT at some point too.

I'm going to Funspot with some friends.

Nice. I think we're going to head up there next weekend.

Job interview today. Hoping I don't blow that. Followed by possibly going to the movies tomorrow night to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And I don't care if it sucks. I'm a nostalgic fanboy.

Riki

Job interview today. Hoping I don't blow that. Followed by possibly going to the movies tomorrow night to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And I don't care if it sucks. I'm a nostalgic fanboy.
Good luck on the job! Just be yourself!

Myself:
After a full week without her because of her field work, I plan on monopolizing pretty much all my girlfriend's time and hopefully going out hiking together.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Working 12 hours Saturday then getting revved for not having the job done. Smokin and drinking now to make tomorrow even worse. Will get home smoke up have a drink, walk the dog, watch Giant Bomb UPF and maybe some wrestling with more drinking and smoking and listen to some CHOOOONSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

TxdoHawk

Friday: Right now I'm wrapping up a short shift at work (thank you, summer hours). By the time I get home, the GF should have swung by. I'm going to cook us some late lunch/early dinner and we'll probably just spend the evening at home relaxing.

Saturday: Breakfast, GF leaves for work, and then I'm going to drive an hour and a half to snag a barely-used Fuji x100s from a Craigslist seller at deep discount. The rest of the day will probably be spent ogling the new toy and taking test shots.

Sunday: Going to drive for Lyft on the serene and high-customer-demand 4 am to 9 am shift. After that, catch up on sleep and just play some videogames and/or shoot some photos.

It's Sunday at 4:30 and I'm psyched. We're going to Guild Tavern:

Holy balls, that looks delicious.

2 weeks vacation till the 25th! Woot!

beaches, bars, games, movies, and relaxing ^_^

Maybe spend a night or two in Busan as well ^_^

Jarlaxle

My mom turns 60 today. We are throwing her a big surprise party tomorrow night. Basically like a reception. 4 hours of free drinks means I'm going to be a very drunk boy.

Godan

Not much planned for me. Fly out to Cologne on Wednesday for Gamescom so will pack my things for that over the weekend I think.

ur mum

Jokes aside, I'm going shopping for pants today, then I'll come home and stream some shitty video game until the late hours.

Tomorrow I'm either going to a friend's house to cook/play with a pug, or a 50/60's style party. Hopefully the former.

Edit: Why isn't there a Chicago meetup?! Damnit Gaf get on that shit!

New002

I'm going to go check out that $10 endless appetizers deal at Friday's with some people /shame. Preparing for the worst.

My mom turns 60 today. We are throwing her a big surprise party tomorrow night. Basically like a reception. 4 hours of free drinks means I'm going to be a very drunk boy.

Oh don't do what my friend did when his mother turned 60. They are this really big clan and loads of people were there. He got absolutely shitfaced and embarrassed himself literally in front of basically every relative he has.

I am going to a barbecue in 3 hours, can't wait, the weather is great.

Seeing Soundgarden and NIN tonight. Super excited!!! They are playing my absolute favorite Soundgarden song, The Day I Tried To Live. I will cry fanboy tears.

Yazuka

I'm just going to chill! Been one hell of a work week, so now it's going to be really nice to relax. Well I'm going out to eat some ribs with a friend today, so that's nice.

Kwixotik

Going to a German restaurant with a friend I haven't seen in a while today, then tomorrow I'm seeing the new DBZ movie and going to a friend's wedding.

RangerX

Banned
Probably meet up with some mates and go out on the lash. Same thing I do every Friday until University starts in September.

I have a serious life changing moment happening today. If it doesn't happen I'll be ok but if it does... Man it's going to be awesome.

Just waiting for the news for now.

Celegus

Sick once again, so lots of sleep and soup. Job interview on monday, so I have to get better by then. But I do have to see a house tonight we might buy (very excited for this one) and help my sister with her apartment hunting.

brandnew

Wisconsin State Fair tonight. Bacon wrapped cheddar melts, deep fried oreos, baked potato, grilled cheese, beer float, krispy kreme burger, so much more. Best time of the summer.

Going to my first Anime Con (Otakon). Meeting some GAFers there so I am excited for it. Then seeing my Brother on the way back from Baltimore.

I have a serious life changing moment happening today. If it doesn't happen I'll be ok but if it does... Man it's going to be awesome.

Just waiting for the news for now.

Good luck to you!!

Tonight it's a soccer match...

Tomorrow is daddy, daughter time while my wife runs some errands. Then we will be looking at some houses with our real estate agent. We decided we would like to move to a more relaxed area (and gain some square footage).

Sunday is a lazy "clean up the house" type of day...

TheUsual

Gold Member
Going to check out Howling at the Moon piano bar tomorrow night for a friends birthday1

The place sounds exciting!

hoss

Wisconsin State Fair tonight. Bacon wrapped cheddar melts, deep fried oreos, baked potato, grilled cheese, beer float, krispy kreme burger, so much more. Best time of the summer.

I'll be there tomorrow with the wife. Fried cheese on a stick here I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom