• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday is Smash Day. What are your plans?

Astorgh

Getting out of college at 11:30am, go back to my parents house at my hometown were my Wii U resides and were I preordered my Smash bundle, get some cousins to stay all weekend and just play till sunday night. Still can't believe we'll be able to play all 7 together.

I bought a new TV for it that arrives Saturday morning. I will probably pick up the package from Best Buy but I will wait for giant pikachu upon that screen for 12 hours.

Cody_D165

Banned
  1. Drive to Best Buy and waltz in the moment it opens
  2. Pick up bundle
  3. Walk next door to Toys R Us
  4. Buy Amiibo
  5. Go home
  6. Unbox
  7. Insert adapter into USB ports
  8. Insert controller into adapter
  9. Remove cellophane from game
  10. Open game
  11. Remove disc
  12. Insert disc into console
  13. Close case
  14. Power on Wii U
  15. Tap Smash logo
  16. Begin

jacobeid

Banned
Well, I started a new job this week so I'm already feeling pretty exhausted just trying to play catch up from the last person and getting everything going.

I have the full bundle paid off, and I'm going to stop right after work to pick up my copy. My three buddies from high school are getting together to play Smash and the Mario Kart DLC.

I can't wait.

Coppanuva

Start working at 8:00am, but getting it delivered to the office... and we're all looking forward to it. Probably smashing after about 4:00 for 2 hours before I head home.

I already have it pre-loaded, but I probably won't play it till Friday at 6pm when I'm out of work.

Smash is a game I really want to have on my Wii U forever so I had to get it digital.

tch

LOL your lost

Nope. I don't have a wii U. If I happen to get one (and my $60 order is honored) then I'll be smashing online. If not no Smash for me, instead, LBP3

This is all based on interpreting your post as "you're lost" and not "your loss". If it is the latter then yes it is because I'm broke

Mistle

Sadly Smash U doesn't come out in Aus for an extra week ;_;

However, the New 3DS comes out on Friday! So I guess my Smash plans will be Smash 3DS with Super 3D, c-stick, l/r buttons..

Azuran

Banned
Go to class and then cry for a while because I have an exam at 6:30pm that day.

Actually, now that I think about, Smash will barely get any play time since ORAS is coming out the same day.

Crayolan

1. Go to classes
2. Go buy Smash and Pokemon
3. Play Smash all day with TPP OR/gaf in the background
4. Go to bed
5. Wake up
6. Resume 3

Kinda OT, but man do you make a lot of Nintendo threads...

Salex_

I'll have a lot of school work to do within the next 3 days, so I'm glad this is coming out on Friday. Assuming BB delivers the bundle on release day:

1. Unlock all characters
2. Training mode with all characters
3. Find 1-2 chars I really want to learn, useful tactics with them, and general gameplay things I should know.
4. For Glory and training mode (if I lose to something I don't understand) for the whole weekend.

jorgejjvr

Man you REALLY don't like non-Nintendo things, do you?
Not true at all, I've been playing AW for example (not what I expected tho)

Anyways, it's just people's price expectations of wii u is crazy xD I know he was half kidding tho :p. Anyways, I just feel sad for anyone that won't get to experience smash!

And what's this $60 Wii U, I thought it was a joke, but is something like that actually real or a mess up?

JC Lately

Work. Because I somehow managed to screw negotiate away my day off so I could have three days last week so I coukd take my wife on a series of increasingly romantic surprise dates.

I'm still not sure if I made the right choice. Lol.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Im working til 7-3:30. Gonna buy the digital version and preload sometime this week. If I'm not too tired I'll play some friday. Really not gonna dig in until sunday tho.

Got my gamecube controller adapter bundle, and controller locked down and pre-ordered for the UK release next week!

JhEj66v.png

dcassell

Banned
Saturday Super Smash Bros Booze night after release. 15 people coming over specifically to drink and break this in. Pumped.

PhoEdge

Neo Member
Out of class at 10:20am. Head to Best Buy. Pick up order. Go home. Play Co-op Events with a friend until other friends come over. Start 8-player Smashing.

I preloaded, so I'm planning to play it alongside my best friend on Thursday from 9PM till around 2 AM, sleep a few hours before work, then leave work and pick up the game & controller & adapter bundle, ORAS, and some amiibo. But not much play on Friday since it's Viernes Botanero :)

Pick up at midnight, then go to sleep. Finish homework for the weekend, go to class till 2 pm. Finally, go for my daily run, eat dinner, then play the rest of the night.

JMizzlin

Crying then petting my kangaroo.

November 29th, though, will be the day myself and five of my friends brandish our gamecube controllers and tourney endlessly.

It's actually next Friday for us Europeans. I have such an amazing 48 hours planned. On the Thursday, I take delivery of my brand-new Ford Fiesta ST-2 in the day, then I've been invited to this VIP opening night of a restaurant in my city - free food and drink all night. Then I'll head back home for around midnight, finish off the pre-load and Smash for a good few hours.

The next day, I've invited some old friends round; we used to play Brawl a lot together at the weekends, but haven't done it for years. We're all gonna Smash it up whilst eating Carribean take-out. So excited.

1) Wake up early to buy Pokemon.
2) Buy Pokemon.
3) Go to class.
4) Go home, where Smash should be waiting for me.
5) Decide what to play first and play it.

Velcro Fly

I work until 3.

And then I'm going to Best Buy to pick up Pokemon ORAS and maybe some amiibo. And who knows maybe Smash too. Don't have a Wii U yet :(

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
MIDNIGHT LAUNCH SON
then go to sleep like a responsible adult because I got work the next day.

gosox333

I've taken Fri through Sun off of work and will be skipping the everliving fuck out of class that Friday to play Pokemon all weekend after getting it midnight.

And I'll have a nice Smash Bros party break at my buddy's on Saturday, he's getting the game and doing that.

Probably the best weekend I'll have all year.

Azuran

Banned
1) Wake up early to buy Pokemon.
2) Buy Pokemon.
3) Go to class.
4) Go home, where Smash should be waiting for me.
5) Decide what to play first and play it.

Pokemon is life. I got a lot of breeding to do now that move tutors are back! Praise Arceus for no more gimped Gen VI Scizors!

Inventory on Thursday night at my job. Should be out by midnight. Gonna go to galloping ghost and watch their tournament. Sleep. Best buy. Play all day on my day off

BigFwoosh

Smash at midnight, head to Best Buy in the morning to get a Gamecube controller adapter, play all day, head to my brother's place and play Smash and PT. I do hope the Gamecube adapters are in stock.

Bar results come out at 6pm. I'll be shitting bricks for most of the day. If i fail, I'll be depressed beyond all measure and go to bed by 7pm. Pass, I'll go out and buy smash, play a bit, and then get completely hammered.

God. Nervous.

Top Bottom