• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday is Smash Day. What are your plans?

nns3d

Hoping that my friends preordered a copy so that I can just stop by and play it. If not My PS4 should be coming in the mail that day as well so I'll most likely be playing that.

I'll be attending snake's funeral and hoping for a Resurrection.

This too.

TWILT

Banned
Preordered it, but won't be able to pick it up until around 3-4PM. After that though, planning to play it for the rest of the day. Smash hype!

Choomp

Banned
Play smash! For as long as possible. Go out to see family in for Thanksgiving on Saturday, hopefully play with some friends once I get back.

Rival

Gold Member
I may pick it up but I will probably be spending all day playing far cry. I love having Friday's off from work.

darkmagus

I just got noticed that i got the day off on friday from work, it is so awesome because i was out of free days. I tried anyway and it got aproved lol

Samurai must be looking out for me :)

Anyway the plan is to play Smash all day!

also i am getting Omega Ruby.

Jagsrock

Banned
I work all day friday =( but i'll probably pick it up at lunch along with a samus Amiibo and adapter. A painful 8 hours later I shall smash all night long.

Learned yesterday that my Gamestop won't have a midnight release shamefully smh. Apparently there is a midnight release already and they wont be doing 2 in a week smh. But I'll pick it up Friday and I'm throwing a smash party from the morning till night!

Will have every iteration up: A GCN for melee, a Wii for SSB64 and SSBB, obviously the WiiU for Smash4.

Guys! I need a good rec for a HDD for my Wii U. I feel like 500GB should be enough for me, but I guess 1TB could work too. Preferably something on Amazon so I can have it delivered by Prime in time for Smash!

exfatal

Im having my birthday party the day smash comes out. so i'll be getting the 12am digital version picking up adapter later that day in store and an extra pro controller and play some 8 player smash for the first time and probably the last lol.
and of course get drunk and high wooot 25 bday party your all invited

Sawneeks

Banned
Get it Friday morning from Best Buy and buy either a Samus or Pikachu Amiibo ( maybe both ). I'm going to POWER through it for a few hours to unlock as many people and stages as I can before some friends come over. Going to play until my wrists snap.

Saturday is when I'm hanging with another group of friends and basically repeating Friday afternoon, aka Smash Bros. for HOURS. 8 Player Smash, Board Game Smash, try out Amiibo...

I'm way too excited for this game.

Tentative plans:

Go to GS at around 10:00 PM on Thursday, get the bundle around midnight, come home and play for a bit - aka, as long as I can stay up for.

Sleep in a little, go to class until 1:45, come home and rock out.

Already pre-ordered and downloaded it. Will wait for it to activate at 9PM PST and will play for a few hours before heading to bed since the next day my wife and I will be doing a 36 hour Pokemon marathon on Twitch :)

AdanVC

I work till 2 pm on friday, then I would meet my cousin at the mall to go for my bundle pre-order. Then we would eat something there while we do the unboxing of the bundle haha and finally go home to play. It's actually the first time I see my cousin in like 2 years, so we would play some MK8 and DKC: Tropical Freeze first since he haven't seen those games yet :) It'll be a nice way to break from the awful routinary-monotone schedule that is going in my life right now. A fun day for once, yay :)

1: Going to Gamestop tomorrow to pre-order a copy of the game (hopefully).
2: Impatiently wait until Thursday at midnight to get it.
3: Play Smash until I fall asleep.
4: Play Smash after I wake up.
5: Amazon will deliver my bundle and separate copies of the game, controller, and adapter.
6: Play Smash using GCN controller and adapter.

Already thinking about what food/drinks to get for Friday as well.

PusherT

Is Best Buy doing a Midnight launch? If not i'm going at 10am getting my GCU Pre-order discount and picking up mah AMiibos (Donkey Kong) & (Wii Fit Trainer).

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Amazon is dropping it off to my house so I don't really have to go anywhere but unfortunately I won't be partaking of any previous midnight release Smashing like some of you.

I expect it to be a nice sized package, as I have the entire Wave 1 Amiibo set bought as well, coming along with the Smash U/Adapter/Controller bundle.

I'm just trying to figure out where I'm gonna put all those Amiibo lol. Probably just keep them in the box they shipped in until I get another shelf.

mrmickfran

I'm off Friday, hooray!!

I'm buying it launch, but I'm not as hyped as I was for Bayo 2. Of course I had to work a long shift that day.

game is pre-loaded onto my wii u will start playing at midnight then go to gamestop in the morning when the open to pick up my 12 amiibo, my gamecube adapter and my 2 new gamecube controllers :)

Hylian7

Eagerly awaiting work to be over that day so I can go home and play it. My girlfriend preordered the Gamecube controller bundle before it sold out for me, and it's being delivered.

Pick it up and play it. I literally have no expectations. I haven't even looked at a single thread on the game and hardly even know who is in it or what the features are. Am I hyped? Hell yes! Going in blind should be fun. Have nobody to play it with and will probably do single player stuff till I'm ready to go online.

Also downloading Pokemon using my credit I got from all my Wii U digital downloads. Those really added up and all I need to put down is $10.

I took Friday off, since I have GCU I preordered at Best Buy and will pick it up Friday AM. Grabbing breakfast, getting the Smash bundle, Pokemon OR/AS, Pikachu and Marth Amiibo, and booking it the fuck home to play for the rest of the day.

I invited various people over and said it's open house for whenever they feel like swinging in, so hopefully that happens and we can play Smash forever.

Bookoo

Apparently there are some Smash tournaments in Claredon, VA. I may go and check them out...although I suck at the game.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Gonna be a good weekend, Smash GC controller bundle should arrive Friday morning, hoping to get out of work early then having 3 friends over to play. I have two relatively new platinum GC controllers and then the black one w the bundle. So one sad soul will be stuck using the Wii classic controller.

alf717

My plan is to hope Best Buy can deliver the game to me on the 21st. Never did a pre-order with them before so I'm not sure what to expect.

JCX

Taking off work, hanging with a bunch of friends, buying the game at midnight, then playing like crazy.

Get the game at Walmart around midnight. Play with my brother until the sun is up. Go to class without any sleep. Come home with wings and play some more. Then play online with some buddies.

SirNinja

Oh wait, Pokemon OR/AS is coming out at the exact same time?! I haven't even decided which of the two to get yet, haha.

Friday is gonna be nuts...

kamakazi5

Pick it up Saturday afternoon and play as much as possible until Tuesday and knowing myself probably not play much after that.

Top Bottom