• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Hilarious dying right at the beginning of the round while you have to sit for 20 minutes. 4 rounds in a row now. There needs to be some sort of Grace period or something he finds me Everytime immediately. I'm not doing anything at all to draw attention, I don't understand how this is happening.

Umbooki

Hilarious dying right at the beginning of the round while you have to sit for 20 minutes. 4 rounds in a row now. There needs to be some sort of Grace period or something he finds me Everytime immediately. I'm not doing anything at all to draw attention, I don't understand how this is happening.
I'm not about to place the blame on you or anything, but who do you play as? If your character is too loud and you're sprinting near an objective, Jason is gonna snatch your shit up.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm not about to place the blame on you or anything, but who do you play as? If your character is too loud and you're sprinting near an objective, Jason is gonna snatch your shit up.

Forget her name. Good stealth top composer. Its just bad luck. They shouldn't spawn you near obvious landmarks like cars and shit.

Pilgrimzero

Forget her name. Good stealth top composer. Its just bad luck. They shouldn't spawn you near obvious landmarks like cars and shit.

Yeah if you spawn near the phone or a car/boat, you need to run away as fast as possible.

When I play Jason the first thing I do is trap the 4 door car gas and battery and double trap the phone fuse box.

Then I go hunting, returning to those 2 spots if I can't find a counselor.

Yeah if you span near the phone or a car/boat, you need to run away as fast as possible.

When I play Jason the first thing I do is trap the 4 door car gas and battery and double trap the phone fuse box.

tmk10s9j.gif

Depending if I've played with a lobby enough to know they'll go get momma Jason's sweater, I'll plant one right after the entrance too.

Stalk+Shift is so good. Especially around a group of people huddled around a car or phone box.

Pilgrimzero

Do private matches with friends.

I think it's funny when people say this. Not everyone has a legion of friends that play a specific game.

PS4 I have maybe 10 friends and 2 of them play F13. On PC I have maybe 20 friends and maybe 5 play it.

And none of us ever seem to be on at the same time.

jviggy43

I think it's funny when people say this. Not everyone has a legion of friends that play a specific game.

PS4 I have maybe 10 friends and 2 of them play F13. On PC I have maybe 20 friends and maybe 5 play it.

And none of us ever seem to be on at the same time.
Search in qp, meet people, invite to private matches.

Yeah if you spawn near the phone or a car/boat, you need to run away as fast as possible.

Also at the beginning he doesn't have his shift and would have just morphed. 4 out of 5 times you should be able to get some distance on him and get him to quit the chase that early. If he stays committed right out the gate he's letting some other stuff get out together quickly.

Umbooki

I follow a simple set of rules based on where I spawn and how many people are around me. If you're alone and away from any objectives, take your time to scavenge and avoid the noisy characters around the map. If you spawn near the car/boat, it may be beneficial to sprint a house or two away and scavenge. If you spawn by the fusebox, make it a priority to get that sorted out. Remember, when the round first starts, Jason is absolutely garbage at chasing people down.

All he has for the first couple of minutes are:

Traps (probably by objectives)
Throwing Knives (Don't run in a straight line!)
Sense (which has a limited range)
Faster Walking Speed (if he's a speedy Jason)

If he catches you before his second power up (Shift), you're either very unlucky, you were caught out in a bad spot, or he has a helper. Until Jason gets shift, most counselors can run circles around him and stay out of his range if they're paying attention.

Jason encounters don't get too hairy until he learns shift and even then, you can juke him with well-timed sprints and navigating trees, fences, and houses. Shift + Grab combos are the go-to because they abuse the grab range and make him invulnerable to weapons, but you gotta use your surroundings. Hell, dive into the shallow parts of the water 'cause shift cancels once he starts 'swimming.'

Stalk makes Jason deadly because he's able to sneak up on you without warning as long as you're outside of a house. Stalk + Shift basically forces you inside houses if you're not actively working on an objective, and your only real defenses are:

Pocket Knives (Love them)
A Jason misplay
Godlike Counselor reactions.

If you're playing as a stealth-based counselor (AJ, Jenny, Tiffany), then try to get perks that boost survivablity. Damage reduction, fear reduction, and stamina boosts (in the case of Jenny and AJ) are the best because it allows them to survive through the later stages of the game where shit breaks down and Jason is trying to run you down. Abuse the stealth, hoard the pocket knives, and don't be afraid to set up the other counselors as bait.

ryan13ts

And I don't blame em. No updates at all since their apology letter. Didn't think it took 2 weeks to certify a patch lmao.

I've already hopped on that train myself, and most of my online friends have as well. It's been almost a month and a half since the game released and there's only been one patch put out, which took more than a week and only has made the game BARELY functional (Was literally unplayable before that). There's no excusing it taking this long to get a patch out, much less not keeping the player base updated. I've almost just come to the belief that they've just said "Fuck it" and decided to not bother with the Xbox version anymore since they can't seem to fix the issues, while PC and PS4 are still getting some kind support.

It really just angers me, the actual game itself is fun (Much more than DBD to me) but the constant glitches, disconnects and crashes just destroy any kind of fun you might be having. The fact that I love the base gameplay is what pisses me off so much about how broken it is. By the time they get the X1 version remotely stable, the community will probably be all but gone.

Really wish they'd fix these XB1 issues.

They still haven't fixed the Xbox version yet? I'm so glad they didn't wait that extra couple of months to set-up a pre-order.

Not that I expect them to have actually, you know, fixed the game in that time frame.

HiiiLife

They still haven't fixed the Xbox version yet? I'm so glad they didn't wait that extra couple of months to set-up a pre-order.

Not that I expect them to have actually, you know, fixed the game in that time frame.

No. We've been waiting high and dry and for weeks now. No updates or nothin. Hilarious.

Seems like the consoles are not only behind on the advantages of the patches. They are also behind in the disadvantages of them. (That patch was released on PC a few weeks back and it also broke perks)

Ganhyun

And I don't blame em. No updates at all since their apology letter. Didn't think it took 2 weeks to certify a patch lmao.

Its funny since they were promising focus on XB1 at that point and obviously that isnt true since a patch hit pc and ps4 since.

I've already hopped on that train myself, and most of my online friends have as well. It's been almost a month and a half since the game released and there's only been one patch put out, which took more than a week and only has made the game BARELY functional (Was literally unplayable before that). There's no excusing it taking this long to get a patch out, much less not keeping the player base updated. I've almost just come to the belief that they've just said "Fuck it" and decided to not bother with the Xbox version anymore since they can't seem to fix the issues, while PC and PS4 are still getting some kind support.

It really just angers me, the actual game itself is fun (Much more than DBD to me) but the constant glitches, disconnects and crashes just destroy any kind of fun you might be having. The fact that I love the base gameplay is what pisses me off so much about how broken it is. By the time they get the X1 version remotely stable, the community will probably be all but gone.

If they would fix it it would be worth it.

Seeing as they cant seem to make a patch work on XB1 without failing certification...

No. We've been waiting high and dry and for weeks now. No updates or nothin. Hilarious.

There was the one apology update but otherwise jack shit.

At this point, the game should be made returnable for Xbox store credit.

It was at one point, seeing as, you know, XB1 got a different version of the game on day 1.

Latest PS4 patch broke my perks. It seems like only the first slot works.

Perks have been broken on XB1 since that NES jason update.

My perks havent been working for about a week either on xbox. Not even switching them around has worked.

Since the NES Jason patch. From what PC and PS4 people are saying they have that issue now.

I finally have the means and time to get this game, but I'm hesitating a little after reading some of the comments here. It sounds like cheaters and general connection issues are ruining the game for everyone. The mood in here is a far cry from the excitement near launch.

Just to note, I would be a PS4 user and don't really have any friends that play. However, I'm a huge Friday the 13th fan and the gameplay looks like a winner for me (when everything is working). Should I wait to purchase or go for it?

catspit

I finally have the means and time to get this game, but I'm hesitating a little after reading some of the comments here. It sounds like cheaters and general connection issues are ruining the game for everyone. The mood in here is a far cry from the excitement near launch.

Just to note, I would be a PS4 user and don't really have any friends that play. However, I'm a huge Friday the 13th fan and the gameplay looks like a winner for me (when everything is working). Should I wait to purchase or go for it?

I don't have the game.. but I will be waiting for the issues to be sorted out and the glitches. Most people say that it's best with a pre-made group as the community is fairly toxic by the sounds of it.

HiiiLife

I'd wait.

jviggy43

How can you tell there not working though??
Health pack perk is supposed to start me with a health spray. Never does. No matter what I do to move it around to different slots it never gives me a health soary to start. My other perks such as calling the cops quicker doesn't work either.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What's even fucking worse were they ended up being completely cool with the cheaters and helping them escape last round.

Malalaw

I've pretty much decided to take a break until xbox gets the patch. Tired of losing out on so much xp and cp from crashing.

jviggy43

Just had the best opportunity to kill Jason I've ever seen. We did so much damage to him that his mask came off in the first 5 minutes. I was Aj so I volunteered to get the sweater and the axe as Tommy was already there. I call out that I have everything and I'm coming to tommy. Of course Tommy is played by a guy without a Mic and decided to escape in the car by himself than help kill Jason. Legit fuck off, so frustrating.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just had the best opportunity to kill Jason I've ever seen. We did so much damage to him that his mask came off in the first 5 minutes. I was Aj so I volunteered to get the sweater and the axe as Tommy was already there. I call out that I have everything and I'm coming to tommy. Of course Tommy is played by a guy without a Mic and decided to escape in the car by himself than help kill Jason. Legit fuck off, so frustrating.
Even more reason why I agree with everything you said in your mic thread.

Top Bottom