• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fringe creators to write "Sleepy Hollow" pilot, Len Wiseman to direct/exec produce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox has given a pilot commitment to a TV series adaptation of the classic 1820 supernatural thriller short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" reports The Live Feed.

This contemporary version partners Ichabod Crane with the town's local female sheriff to bring peace to a beleaguered community. No word on the involvement of a headless horseman.

"Fringe" creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci will executive produce and are attached to write the script alongside Phillip Iscove. "Underworld" and "Total Recall" helmer Len Wiseman will direct the pilot and also executive produce.

At face value the idea of a Sleepy Hollow TV series is pretty dumb. But I love the legend and I will give the creative forces behind it the benefit of the doubt. Its Fox so it'll probably be canned regardless of quality.

Busty

Banned
I have to say that I still think one of the best things Kurtzman/Orci ever did was the pilot episode of Hawaii Five-O which was again directed by Wiseman. A great hour of TV and, dare I say it, a great reboot of the format.

This sounds very X-Files lite to me.., which was certainly a blueprint for Fringe as well.

But K/O aren't the sure thing they used to be. They had a 'dead cert' pilot at Fox a year or two ago called Exit Strategy that was directed by Antoine Fuqua and starring Ethan Hawke no less that went nowhere.

Xenon

The villain is a man who rides a horse and never had a woman go down on him.

edit: This concept sounds dumb.

HeySeuss

Sounds like they are going to try to ride the popularity of Grimm and make something similar. Not sure how far they can stretch out a series with just one main villain though. So I would think they would do black magic, trolls, and goblins route, which could be pretty cool.

wwm0nkey

I really, really doubt they can produce something as amazing as Durarara.

I still do not get what people liked about Durarara, it was painfully boring and as soon as I heard the yellow haired kid making lame ass boob jokes I just stopped.

Booser

Sounds pretty cool if they follow the Supernatural / Grimm format. Should have kept it in the 1820,s though.

pants

I still do not get what people liked about Durarara, it was painfully boring and as soon as I heard the yellow haired kid making lame ass boob jokes I just stopped.
Izaya Orihara's chess game with humans as pawns, Shizuo and Izaya's interactions and Celty did it for me.

Neither do I. I ignored it when showed up on adult Swim but decided to give it a watch later on Hulu. Incredibly boring show. Boring characters. Just a boring experience.

pants

Neither do I. I ignored it when showed up on adult Swim but decided to give it a watch later on Hulu. Incredibly boring show. Boring characters. Just a boring experience.

I1PZy.gif

Ok, you got me. That was probably one of a couple of scenes I enjoyed, Lol. The relationship between Izaya and Shizuo (and maybe Celty) were close but just short of anything remotely interesting.

From the people who gave you the initial shitty episodes of Fringe, and shitty scripts like Transformers trilogy, Eagle Eye and Star Trek. I hate these hacks.

Come on, I sort of liked Eagle Eye and maybe Star Trek. But Transformers, I definitely agree with you there.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
From the people who gave you the initial shitty episodes of Fringe, and shitty scripts like Transformers trilogy, Eagle Eye and Star Trek. I hate these hacks.

Decado

Every time I hear about a TV or movie that re-imagines a property with a "contemporary' setting, I think: "budget issues, they're being cheap".

Balphon

Fox has given a pilot commitment to a TV series adaptation of the classic 1820 supernatural thriller short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" reports The Live Feed.

This contemporary version partners Ichabod Crane with the town's local female sheriff to bring peace to a beleaguered community. No word on the involvement of a headless horseman.

"Fringe" creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci will executive produce and are attached to write the script alongside Phillip Iscove. "Underworld" and "Total Recall" helmer Len Wiseman will direct the pilot and also executive produce.

Strange, learned man teamed with female cop to solve otherwordly crimes, you say?

Sounds like a big leap for the makers of Fringe.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
"Contemporary" means teen melodrama doesn't it?

Maybe it'll be some old timey X-Files or some shit. Wait that's what we thought Fringe would be.

ZoddGutts

This, the only characters I liked were the knives dude and the blonde guy, hated the school characters, they made the show boring. Shame about that.

ivysaur12

Banned
1) This is not an idea by the Fringe team. This is Phillip's idea.

2) Phillip is a fantastic writer and an awesome dude. It's a really cool idea. He had a script on the black list a few years back.

It's a really, really great pitch. I hope it works out.

Sounds like they are going to try to ride the popularity of Grimm and make something similar. Not sure how far they can stretch out a series with just one main villain though. So I would think they would do black magic, trolls, and goblins route, which could be pretty cool.

I believe that's the plan.

Man, why won't anyone remake or reboot Eerie Indiana. :(

Anyway, I was interested until - This contemporary version - I understand the reason, doing a show set in the 1820's would probably result in skyrocketing costs, but I don't care.

Contemporary = no watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom