• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frogwares is now the sole publisher of The Sinking City

Draugoth

Gold Member
the-sinking-city-frogwares-is-now-the-sole-publisher-of-the-v0-EtfyFpf4dm5hOaPE39pb24RtHP1fayvjbAZ_M8jkdww.jpg

Frogwares is now the sole publisher of The Sinking City on all platforms, including Steam. We're happy to finally put this whole thing behind us, and we look forward to sharing more news about the future of the franchise down the line.

We will also release a new DLC, Merciful Madness, but please keep in mind that it will only work with the new version of the game. If you don't want to replay the game from scratch to access the DLC, you will be able to download the prepared saves that will take you straight to the start of the Merciful Madness quests.

TheUsual

Gold Member
That's good! Remember for a time you could only get their version only on Games planet and that was recently pulled by them on there

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Good for them, not been following the whole process but understood they essentially suffered the "macross" issue where someone said "no we own the rights to this X infinity" and anyone who questions the fact that they don't gets dragged the court and told to prove they don't while dragging it out on technicalities for as long as possible until they run out of money.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Sinking City was great. A sleeper hit for me. The Lovecraftian themes were done very well, and the story and characters were the best part of the game. It's exciting to hear Frogware talk about this IP as "franchise", which makes it seem they will do a sequel. New DLC is a nice little bonus too. Will do a new playthrough soon so I can play it.

Certinty

Underrated studio, they know what they're good at and stick to it.

Would be interesting if someone invested a fair amount more into them, then I wonder what they could produce.

mdkirby

That’s great. After getting royally fucked by nacon for years, and just as they were starting to untangle from them and get on their own two feet, Nazi Russians invaded their country 🤦‍♂️… yet somehow they managed to make an entire game during that time too.

Can’t wait to see what they are cooking up

The Stinking Shitty
Why the crap low effort post? It's actually a really solid game. Atmosphere of Silent Hill with hard core detective game play that never holds your hand. It's brilliant. Yeah it has the Euro Jank, but it's all part of the charm. Better than any recent Bethesda game which has far worse jank then this.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Yeah in Feb. But your old saves won't work with the new version. But Frog Wares will provide new saves. You can choose to keep playing the old version with your saves.

Didnt read anything about consoles so I bought the Sherlock Holmes combo. It was on sale. The next gen upgrade really looks nice.

Slava Ukraini

Top Bottom