• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software is "working hard on Elden Ring DLC" but still doesn't have a release date "at this time"

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Not really interested in an expansion anymore. Too much time has passed. Just turn it in to a sequel instead.
200w.gif

The expansion has been in development for almost about as long as a full game at this point... Not sure how accurate this really old "leak" is, but it was rumored that Elden Ring was to be developed as a trilogy (video is timestamped):

If true, I'm wondering if the trilogy will actually take the form of the base game and two massive expansions? Following this line of thinking, Shadow of the Erdtree would be considered the second entry and we'll have another expansion several years later to complete the series.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Not really interested in an expansion anymore. Too much time has passed. Just turn it in to a sequel instead.
I could see it being an expansion the size of a souls game that could be sold individually or allows you to import your Elden Ring character.

That would be so sick.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Id love for the expansion to feature the lands between many years before everything became dilapidated. A Stormvale castle in all its glory. Oh yes!

WitchHunter

Banned
I think it's rational optimism. ER dwarfs every soulsborne release to date, and I think its DLC will scale in a similar ratio. A lot of the fundamentals to world building are in place, and the scope of the world map lends itself to multiple expansions, not just one. You don't hire George R. R. Martin to write a backstory and not attempt to milk it. This DLC and hopefully successive expansions will be substantial.
The main game, no matter how everyone sucked up to it, had serious pacing issues and the you go where ever you want - because it's open world halleluja - idea is not working when you can literally do whatever you want, since there was zero balancing in the game. Once you cleared a lot of side missions/dungeons you became so powerful and high leveled, that a first seen boss can be walked over on the first try. And when I walked over the 3rd boss or so, and the filler enemies proved to be a bigger challenge I had enough. It was a good game for like 100 hours, then it went south. The visuals are unparalleled though.

So make the dlc a 3-4 day core experience, that's 16 hours max (I calculate with 4 hours per day) not counting the time it takes to retry the bosses. Fuck these overly elongated games. Everyone is pursuing these marathon like playtimes.

Easy mode for us old fucks who suck at games and just want to enjoy ourselves?lol
The whole game was easy mode. If you want anything easier watch on youtube the story montage videos.

Top Bottom