• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Front Mission 1st DS - official site opens!

duckroll

Lee N said:
but x0.5 is 50% of the original number.

x0.5 doesn't increase anything, it splits the original value in half.
x1.5 would add 50% to the original value.

see for yourself:

100 x0.5 = 50
100 x1.5 = 150

It's pretty simple math, really..

No you are the only one misunderstanding here. The game asks you how much harder you want to make the game, not what difficulty you want to game to be at. x0.5 means you want the game to be harder by half. x1.0 means you want the game to be twice as hard. It's simple math, it's just a different way they are presenting the option, and you're making a big deal out of nothing. There are multiple ways to say things, it doesn't make it wrong.

Phife Dawg said:
Trailer here.(right click, save as)
Hope this isn't old news.

WHY THE F-U-C-K DO PEOPLE POST WITHOUT READING THREADS THEY'RE POSTING ON FIRST? :p

Lee N

Membre
duckroll said:
No you are the only one misunderstanding here. The game asks you how much harder you want to make the game, not what difficulty you want to game to be at. x0.5 means you want the game to be harder by half. x1.0 means you want the game to be twice as hard. It's simple math, it's just a different way they are presenting the option, and you're making a big deal out of nothing. There are multiple ways to say things, it doesn't make it wrong.

Without the x it would make perfect sense.. but "x1.0" doesn't mean twice as hard, "x2.0" would mean twice as hard. And there aren't different ways of saying this, math is pretty constant.

duckroll

Lee N said:
Without the x it would make perfect sense.. but "x1.0" doesn't mean twice as hard, "x2.0" would mean twice as hard. And there aren't different ways of saying this, math is pretty constant.

No, you are STILL misunderstanding. The choice between x0.5, x1.0, x1.5, is NOT the total difficulty result. It's simply the FACTOR of difficulty being ADDED.

This is retarded as hell, but anyways the way I figure its like

Enemy has a skill of 10.

10 x.5 = skill of 15
10 x1.0 = skill of 20
10 x1.5 = skill of 25

Whats so hard to understand?

duckroll said:
WHY THE F-U-C-K DO PEOPLE POST WITHOUT READING THREADS THEY'RE POSTING ON FIRST? :p
Sorry I only read about tons of pics and info and then the whole argueing about numbers ensued which made it hard to keep attention :p.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Phife Dawg said:
Sorry I only read about tons of pics and info and then the whole argueing about numbers ensued which made it hard to keep attention :p.
At Sales-Age, there's always arguing about numbers!

Lee N

Membre
GreenNight said:
This is retarded as hell, but anyways the way I figure its like

Enemy has a skill of 10.

10 x.5 = skill of 15
10 x1.0 = skill of 20
10 x1.5 = skill of 25

You figure..

You should try your own math with a calculator.

If the original value was 1.0 and it was increased with 0.5 there wouldn't be any confusion, that would be simple addition. 1.0+0.5=1.5, but the "x" that's listed indicates that it's multiplication and 1.0x0.5=0.5.

GreenNight said:
Whats so hard to understand?
That's what I'm wondering.. I mean, really...

x indicates multiplication, think about that one for a while.

XiaNaphryz said:
At Sales-Age, there's always arguing about numbers!
Well I don't want to discredit any of the posters but the whole discussion in this thread seems pretty pointless. Discussing sales-age might be pointless as well for some people but this is a different level ;).
But yeah guilty as charged. Look on the positive side though, I could've started a new thread.

Top Bottom