• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen 2 Rumors: Iceburns and Miss Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Many people were excited when it was confirmed that the next part of the movie, "Frozen" will be hitting the movie theaters soon. American film director, Chris Buck admitted that there is definitely a new "Frozen" movie; however, he revealed that there is still a lot of work to do to finalize everything.

In a report by CrossMap, Buck did not make any comments with regard to the plot and casting of "Frozen 2." Although it has previously been reported that fans will be looking at a new Anna and Elsa in the next movie, Disney did not elaborate much of how the two princesses would appear.

There are also rumors that Queen Elsa will be Prince Hans love-interest in the new movie, which was a total shocker for many "Frozen" fanatics.

Meanwhile, the next installment of the movie "Frozen" have just become more interesting as reports of Ms. Universe, Pia Wurtzbach inclusion in the cast is circulating in the movie world.

If the rumors would appear to be real, this will be a big break for Wurtzbach after winning the most prestigious beauty contest in the world. Although, the pageant ended up in a dramatic, yet controversial fashion, critics and netizens expressed their satisfaction of the winner.

According to Movie News Guide, the beautiful Ms. Universe from the Philippines caught the attention of Jimmy Mulligan, an artist from Disney, who turned Wurtzbach into a princess in one of his sketches.

Mulligan posted a video of him on Instagram, sketching what appears to be Princess Elsa from the movie Frozen sporting a Ms. Universe crown with a caption and a hashtag, "Just sketching on my#ipadpro... "

There are already speculations that Wurtzbach will play the role of Elsa in the next "Frozen" movie. Mulligan may have provided fans a good indication of what is going to happen in the next episode.

In his final drawing of Wurtzbach as Elsa, the photo received more than 7,500 likes from netizens, and there are many comments who praised both the Ms Universe and Mulligan.

There has been no official statement yet from Disney; however, many believe that this is one way of promoting "Frozen 2" with Wurtzbach as part of the cast members. Mulligan's drawing and statements have become viral over the internet with people reposting the photo.

In his part, Buck did not make any comment with regard to Wurtzbach inclusion in the "Frozen 2" cast members.

http://www.latinoshealth.com/articl...5-pia-wurtzbach-lands-leading-role-rumors.htm

I don't believe a word of it.

Disney making a sequel to one of their biggest movies ever but having "new" versions of their beloved characters?

Not fucking happening.

This is the wildest thing I've ever heard. No way any of this is true. Idina Menzel's singing voice for Let It Go is at least 40% of the reason this movie took off you can't replace her.

But seriously fuck it if they try to redeem Hans, especially if they try pairing him with Elsa.

This is the wildest thing I've ever heard. No way any of this is true. Idina Menzel's singing voice for Let It Go is at least 40% of the reason this movie took off you can't replace her.

But seriously fuck it if they try to redeem Hans, especially if they try pairing him with Elsa.
I'm going to say it was 100% the reason

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There are already speculations that Wurtzbach will play the role of Elsa in the next "Frozen" movie. Mulligan may have provided fans a good indication of what is going to happen in the next episode.

This doesn't even make sense.

I already deduced the new movie will have a fire prince coming into town. He'll be hispanic and voiced by Benicio Del Toro, and call himself A Fuego Lento. He'll seduce Elsa with his latin hips.

But then Anna or whatever her name is must rescue her.

Toxi

Banned
There are also rumors that Queen Elsa will be Prince Hans love-interest in the new movie, which was a total shocker for many "Frozen" fanatics
Not that much of a shocker, I've already seen plenty of fan-art of this pairing.

I heard that they were planning to do something that was huge for a kids movie for the sequel. Which many people are taking as either properly addressing the allusions Elsa's story had to those with mental illness or making Elsa gay.

Regardless a sequel was obvious with the money it made. My little cousin to this day is still buying Frozen merchandise.

I'm going to say it was 100% the reason
The thing I'm looking forward to the most is what big number they're trying to cook up this time to drive parents insane.

Sheentak

Only rumor ive seen thats been mentioned else where is that Hans could have a significant role and one of the themes could be forgiveness and changing.

Xe4

Banned
I don't beleive a word of this, but I'm still not looking forward to a sequel. The first movie was annoying enough (as a fan of Hans Christian Andersen).

Frozen 2: Welcome to the Fro-Zone.

Frozen and The Incredibles are in the same cinematic universe, Frozen 2 will be followed by an Incredibles movie, then solo movies for one of the Incredible family members and another for Kristoff.

Also, I call dibs on the Kickstarter to make a Frozen-like open world RPG.

When he says "new version" I don't think he means like Link from Zelda or new characters, I think he just means the new versions for the sequel. I imagine they will both be older and they will very likely not be wearing the same outfits from the first movie thus they are "new" much like they were "new" in Frozen Fever.

But the rumor is obviously false as hell from the dumbest source imaginable. OMG a Disney artist drew a real life person wearing an ice crown, clearly they're going to replace the VA for this character. WTF? That's a leap not even Super Mario could make.

Snowkyo Drift is already the gaf chosen title for this film

Oh my god I'm fuckin dying lmfao

Elsa vs. Rukia! LETS GO!!!

rukias-white-mist-sentence-bankai-look1.jpg

HotHamBoy

There should definitely be a sequel to Frozen because there was so much story there and so much left to explore with those characters.

Derp.

Mr-Joker

Banned
There are also rumors that Queen Elsa will be Prince Hans love-interest in the new movie, which was a total shocker for many "Frozen" fanatics.

I don't approve of this. >:O

Elsa better not get a love interest for the sequel.

There should definitely be a sequel to Frozen because there was so much story there and so much left to explore with those characters.

Derp.

Honestly they should have stuck with Elsa being the villain, instead of chickening out.

cameron

Snowkyo Drift is already the gaf chosen title for this film

Hahaha. Was going to suggest the obvious and unoriginal 2 Fast 2 Frozen, but Snowkyo Drift is friggin awesome.

Frozen was the worst Disney movie of the last 20 years so it can only go up from here I guess.

Limiting the discussion to full features from Walt Disney Animation Studios, you found films like Dinosaur. Brother Bear, and Meet the Robinsons to be better than Frozen?

FStubbs

We don't want to murder the poor girl, we just want her toys singing "Let it Go" to stop. XD

On topic...ehhhhh if any of that is legit. Not that I'm saying it is, but yeah.

Cold doesn't bother Elsa anyway and Rukia has a time limit. Elsa outlasts Rukia.

Lego Boss

Makes sense for Disney to start doing some cross-franchising of their most popular products and Harrison Ford is after a new challenge.

So, for Snowkyo Drift they're going to change the male lead's name to Hans Yolo.

I have no idea about the validity of this article, but my friend was recently cast in the first "workshop" performance of the upcoming official Broadway version of the original Frozen. She's playing Anna and she's Latina.

Granted casting could easily change before the show reaches Broadway, but perhaps it means something regarding the direction of the series?

Frozen was the worst Disney movie of the last 20 years so it can only go up from here I guess.
Dude what the shit are you serious, you think DINOSAUR is better than Frozen? What happened to you that made you like this.

Hahaha. Was going to suggest the obvious and unoriginal 2 Fast 2 Frozen, but Snowkyo Drift is friggin awesome.

Limiting the discussion to full features from Walt Disney Animation Studios, you found films like Dinosaur. Brother Bear, and Meet the Robinsons to be better than Frozen?

No no we can have it all!!

Frozen
2 Frost 2 Frozen
Frozen 3: Snowkyo Drift

It's perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom