• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles?

• Fruity Pebbles

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Cocoa Pebbles

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters

BossLackey

Gold Member

Outlier

Sorry but y'all cocoa lovers can get effed. Fruity all the way.
Put it in the microwave for 30 secs and let it soak in the milk =
michael fassbender perfection GIF

Last edited:

Outlier

Can someone else try this and report back?
I want to know if this is true but I don't want to die if this is a trick.
For me it's the best way to eat fruity pebbles.
I don't really eat sugar cereal (grown out of it), but when I do. I always warm it up and let the milk get absorbed. It's almost like eating a very moist creamy cake.

I just can't eat cold crunchy cereals, anymore.

Dural

Fruity Pebbles are my kids favorite cereal, so I picked that. I've never bought Cocoa Pebbles, never been a fan of chocolate cereals.

And we only buy the Malt o Meal version, it's cheaper and my wife thinks it tastes better.

Last edited:

Lasha

This thread made me aware that Fruity Pebbles exist. I thought chocolate pebbles were the only version.

SaintALia

NONE. They changed the recipe of Cocoa Pebbles. Once upon a time you get boil some milk, throw it in a bowl of CocoaP and it was chocolate pretty much. Now though, it just mostly washes off the cocoa powder.

But that's the Cocoa Pebbles I tried recently and years before, maybe in some regions it hasn't changed. Never liked Fruity Pebbles.

Last edited:

Doom85

Fruity Pebbles was just meh to me, and Cocoa Pebbles are inferior to Cocoa Krispies. Only reason people seem to prefer Pebbles is because it’s what their parents bought them as kids due to Flinstones being on the box and they’re blinded by nostalgia.

vLqD46s.jpg
JH2BFAT.jpg

Hell, Pebbles is disrespectful to the Flinstones brand. Flinstones Vitamins is easily one of the most iconic merchandise of the cartoon, yet it’s Cocoa Krispies who is bringing in that good old Vitamin D.

Come on, Cocoa Pebbles, get your shit together!

Disappointed King Of The Hill GIF

BossLackey

Gold Member
Cocoa Pebbles are inferior to Cocoa Krispies.

It's been too long since I've had Cocoa Krispies. You might be right. I do love Cocoa Puffs as well. They have a unique flavor in there that I really like and they don't get soggy as fast since they're a lot bigger.

Rice sized cereal gets soggy SO fast, but if you can catch most of your spoonfulls in the optimal period, it's amazing.

ATissueBox

Neo Member
On the few occasions i've eaten pebbles as an adult, it feels like i've eat absolutely nothing at all. Like I will go through a bowl and it will feel as if nothing entered my stomach besides half a cup of milk

anyways cocoa pebbles.

BossLackey

Gold Member
On the few occasions i've eaten pebbles as an adult, it feels like i've eat absolutely nothing at all. Like I will go through a bowl and it will feel as if nothing entered my stomach besides half a cup of milk

anyways cocoa pebbles.

They somehow engineered a food that is 99% flavor and only 1% actual food. It's impressive, really.

wondermega

I haven't had either in decades. Not trying to sound cool by saying that, because I assure each and every bloody one of you that I am absolutely not cool, but that is just what it is. That all being said - both were fucking excellent, but gun to my head... uhhhhnnggghhh cocoa?

Also, I may have put some of the Fruity on some frozen yogurt here & there in the time since. But I'd say that doesn't really count, considering the context..

Rran

BAHNEY, my PEBBLES

I'll go with Cocoa, but it's close. Both of these are in the upper echelon of cereals. That's why they've been around for millions of years, after all.
Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast with butter, grits, real food with real nutrients instead of empty carbs and sugar.
Let's be honest, most breakfast foods are absolutely horrible for us. If it's not enamel-melting sugar-blasted cereal, it's heart-stopping butter and grease. Pick your poison!

But no worries, it's okay to enjoy stuff that tastes good.

Top Bottom