• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite taste?

Your favorite taste sensation?

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Oh yeah, an arbitrary poll with no real tortoise, because I am curious.

Which is your favorite of the basic tastes? When you have a craving, what is it usually for? Inquiring minds and all that. We must know.

Green chilies tend to be my favorite "flavor," so I voted "piquancy" for taste. But the thing that really makes chilies so great is their fruity sweetness.

giphy.gif

You can also explain your answer, if you want.

Last edited:
Salt. It’s scary how much salt I eat. I know it’s not good for me but food taste so bland without it. I keep trying to cut down on it but I feel like there is no taste to anything.

Hot spices are another I can’t live without. I put chilli in almost everything I eat. I love hot spicy food.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Salty, followed by spicy. Sweets can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned, unless I'm at a birthday party and there's ice cream cake.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Salty, since it's tied to nearly every meal and conveys the feeling of hearty food. However, the older i get the more i appreciate bitter.

As much as i love to eat devastatingly hot chillys to the point of nearly fainting, piquancy is not a taste. It's mearly an irritation of heat receptors.

In fact there are only five different tastes.

ahtlas7

Depends on my mood and what I’m eating, basically though:
meals: (mains)savory and spicy, except fish should be slightly sweet
dessert: mildly sweet and slightly bitter to sour, sometimes lightly salty.
drinks: dry wines to neutral water
mixed drinks: sweet with sours
…no, espresso does not get sugar

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Salt. It’s scary how much salt I eat. I know it’s not good for me but food taste so bland without it. I keep trying to cut down on it but I feel like there is no taste to anything.

Don't worry. One day a doctor will take your blood pressure... and suddenly lots of salt won't seem all that great anymore... :messenger_hushed::messenger_grinning_sweat:

Raven117

Silly poll to take taste out of context. But...if I had to pick one. (or really, missing the absence of one)...its salt.

But taste is very complex...

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
These.

I should note I've completely stopped drinking both alcohol and coffee for health reasons, and I miss both literally every single day, and I think of both several times a day randomly. Scotch and French Roast were my go to's respectively.....goddamn I miss em.
Stay strong my good man and be safe in the knowledge that you had a penchant for fine tastes in the first place 🫡

Most people I know are Fosters drinkers. Utter heathens, barbarians even.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Nice thread Hops.

I tend to prefer savory food.

Never have anything sweet in my place.

Although I adore Icecream and Protien shakes with ice cold milk haha

Top Bottom