• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite curry?

Favorite curry?

• Vindaloo

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Madras

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Korma

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Rogan Josh

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Saag

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Stephen

• Tikka Masala

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Jalfrezi

• Red curry

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Green curry

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Yellow curry

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Massaman

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jamaican

• Ceylon

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Portuguese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Afghan

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 23.1%

• Total voters

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Madras for me, used to love a Vindaloo when I was younger then about mid 20s I giess my taste changed and turned the heat down abit to Madras. Massaman is good aswell, not many people seem to know of it, give it a try, not to spicy so most will be ok to try it.

deoxxys

Neo Member
Murgh Makhani aka Butter Chicken
586EJPP.jpg

Red Curry is also just as good (yum Panang)
DBZVkwj.jpg

I would like to try Japanese curry and vindaloo. I once had a delicious curry at authentic Chinese restaurant they called Malaysian Curry.

Last edited:

Pejo

Disappointed that Butter Chicken wasn't in the list.

What's the type of dark brown Japanese(?) curry that comes with Chicken Katsu. I quite like that one too.

Winter John

Gold Member
586EJPP.jpg

DBZVkwj.jpg

I would like to try Japanese curry and vindaloo. I once had a delicious curry at authentic Chinese restaurant they called Malaysian Curry.
Yeah Malaysian is my favourite. It’s real easy to make too. The most complicated thing is buying all the ingredients you need. It’s a great meal to make if you wanna impress a chick. My advice to anyone think of making one is go heavy on the cream and pineapple if you want a smooth curry. Cut back on them and go all in on the peppers and turmeric if you want a spicy one.

deoxxys

Neo Member
Thing is, the Malaysian chicken curry I had was nothing like anything on Google images. Even though this was a authentic Chinese restaurant (complete even with clay pot dishes and serving strange organs), my curry was more like a typical westernized chicken and vegetables dish with a more soupy consistency but with the flavor of curry and a nice yellow color served with white rice.

Oh and I actually already am an excellent cook, I can make countless dishes across different cuisines. My most recent dish was a Mexican pozole. Of all things, the anime food wars inspired me to become a chef.

Winter John

Gold Member
I don’t know what you ate but a real Malaysian ain’t soupy. A Malaysian is a rich, thick, creamy dish. I never heard of anyone putting vegetables in em but I guess it’s all down to interpretation. I remember arguing with a chef once because he didn’t use coconut milk in his recipe. To me that was a crime because I was taught to use a lot of coconut milk and cream in my curry dishes.

Valedix

586EJPP.jpg

DBZVkwj.jpg

Butter Chicken all the way, the classic!

Rickyiez

Penang Curry Mee is top tier curry. Unfortunately it's only available and authentic enough in a small state from Malaysia

27446706403_71b8b3f832_o.jpg

Everywhere else doesn't taste as good

Penang Curry Mee is top tier curry. Unfortunately it's only available and authentic enough in a small state from Malaysia

Penang, presumably? I'm over in KL for a couple of days next month, really enjoyed the food over there as a whole (interesting Malay-Indian fusion food). Won't be heading anywhere near Penang, however I'll probably load up on curry puffs and tea eggs to the point I can't eat anything else anyway (well, that's the intention).

Anyway - CURRY.

There's loads of great curries so it is tough. I've kind of gone off Indian a bit, although anything with shit loads of Tamarind in there I'm in. If held at gunpoint though, I reckon I could opt of a red duck curry without too much regret.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Yeah that's more or less my thoughts. I can make a nice curry within my power but it's not even close to local curry's etc

Liljagare

A decent stew is way better.

C'arne de vinha d'alhos beats Vindaloo everytime.

Much rather have a good risotto though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom